TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

The new effect looks great. Don't really care for the voice, but I've got a feeling it is temporary (or will be if all the Disney fans hate it). Indiana Jones Adventure is my favorite ride at the park, so if they've got more improvements in store I'm excited to see what they are. It's been too long since I last visited...fortunately my pass is only blocked out for one more week.

If I was the Imagineer responsible for it, I would totally leave the voice just to piss off the fans.

Or replace it with Pee Wee Herman's voice.

Or Glenn Close as Cruella de Vil?

(puppies optional, of course)

Downtown Disney is getting two Starbucks locations. One full storefront in the empty space between World of Disney and Blink and a kiosk over by ESPN. The war on shitty coffee at the Resort continues!

The key to Downtown Disney has always been the "empty space between World of Disney and Blink." The Greeks knew it, the Romans knew it--now you know it!

Downtown Disney is getting two Starbucks locations. One full storefront in the empty space between World of Disney and Blink and a kiosk over by ESPN. The war on shitty coffee at the Resort continues!

There goes Disney declining by more degrees!

As for Indy, I agree the new voice seems off, but I like the new effects. I was wondering why the effects weren't working for my visits over the past few weeks and now I know!

Knowing that the voice is NPH now, that's even stranger. I know the original concept was for Mara to be female but they changed it to male so they could get a more commanding voice...assumed this switchover was returning back to female.

Knowing that the voice is NPH now, that's even stranger. I know the original concept was for Mara to be female but they changed it to male so they could get a more commanding voice...assumed this switchover was returning back to female.

Well, I finally got to ride it over the weekend, and though is kinda sounds like NPH, it could really be anybody honestly. It kinda sound male, but it also kinda sounds female, lol...so it still could be NPH! HAHAHAHA

Medal? Don't you mean medals? I'm getting 4 medals between the two races! I'll make sure to clang my way around Disney for a few days, wear it on my flight, and wear it for a week when I get home just to show everyone how much better I am than they are!

Medal? Don't you mean medals? I'm getting 4 medals between the two races! I'll make sure to clang my way around Disney for a few days, wear it on my flight, and wear it for a week when I get home just to show everyone how much better I am than they are!

I dunno about you, but I'm not just going to wear it, I'm also going to be sure to tell everyone I see in detail about how I finished the race as if I was the only one who has ever done it! In all honesty I have not trained at all all summer, so I'm just going to power walk this bad boy.

I'm flying in for the run this weekend too. I haven't been to Disneyland since 1997. I know there have been a lot of changes but my question is this - Should I get a hopper pass? I'm planning on 1 day at Disneyland and 1 day at California Adventure. Is the hopper really necessary? Also - Can you use the old Magic your Way Plus no expiry passess from Walt Disney World? I have heard both yes and no.

Happy running!

You could do one day each, but I definitely prefer the park hopper. Since the parks are so close, it kind of just turns the resort into one big park. Also, with the waiting time apps available, you can generally see which park is less crowded and just run over to it. This will be my 7th year in a row doing this race, and there really is no set pattern to which park is busier which day, especially with Cars Land now open. As for using WDW tickets. I've heard you can, but there's nothing 'official' on it so you'll just have to ask when you get there.

• 2 weeks later...

Disney just bought more land in Anaheim! And it will be a Cast Member Parking lot! lol. Here's an article about it.

...Commenting on the plans, Disney spokesperson Suzi Brown noted: "Our successful expansion of Disney California Adventure has resulted in a record number of guests visiting Anaheim and 5,000 new cast members. Acquiring this parcel will help us to accommodate additional guest and cast parking needs."...

Here is the land they bought and it will house 1400 new parking spots for Cast Members:

Map.jpg.32720e885b8cb64549b29f2eb5dd9ab2.jpg

Green - Current Cast Member parking lots

Red - Newly purchased land

Blue - Not sure if this is included or not in the new land

Yellow - Cast Member parking shuttle stop.

It seems this new lot will be a better lot to park in for Cast Members! And I know I didn't outline every CM lot, but that doesn't really matter.

The park blog has some info about Halloween additions to the Mad T Party!

Disney Parks Blog

This fall, the Mad T Party is stirring in just the right amount of Halloween spice for a devilishly delicious All Hallows Eve T. Wander down the rabbit hole, if you dare, and step into a splendiferously spirited world ensconced in candles, fog and the most enormous cobwebs this side of the Tulgey Wood!

MAD344566LARGE.thumb.jpg.114ca51fec1e6dc3456939df1546a873.jpg

Mad T Party at Disney California Adventure Adds a Dash of Halloween to the Mix

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are first to welcome you to this “Dead Man’s Party,” filled with more Halloween muchness than one can imagine, from a chilling new look for the Mad T Party Band to a monster mash-up for the Hottest Deck in Town. And when it comes to T Time, every soul around will know that “This Is Halloween.”

This fantabulously freaky edition of the Mad T Party begins September 13 and continues every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night through the month of October. Be sure to check the Entertainment Schedule at Disneyland.com for specific dates and times.

Its cool they are adding some seasonal theming to this.