TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^The treat vendors have to have access to the dry ice to keep their food items cold. You're really blowing this completely out of proportion, and you need to let it go.

I never knew Disney used dry ice to keep food cold. At Cedar Fair, they used ice to cool food.

^The treat vendors have to have access to the dry ice to keep their food items cold. You're really blowing this completely out of proportion, and you need to let it go.

I never knew Disney used dry ice to keep food cold. At Cedar Fair, they used ice to cool food.

It has been mentioned several times in the last couple of pages...

Like Chuck said, settle down and quit with the drama on this forum.

Dinnwitted was the same person blaming Carnival for not knowing where each passenger is at all times and taking 3 hours to notice that a passenger was missing in the middle of the night. I'd hate to live in the Orwellian security state that he dreams about.

Maybe you really should stop posting if you don't know what you're talking about. Or just stop posting...

UPDATE

- Pleading not guilty

- Bail lowered to half a million.

Disneyland Employee Pleads Not Guilty to Dry Ice Explosions

ANAHEIM, Calif. (KTLA) — A Disneyland employee accused of setting off two dry ice explosions at the theme park pleaded not guilty on Thursday.

Christian Barnes, 22, of Long Beach, was charged with a felony count of possession of a destructive device in a public place.

Barnes was originally reported to have set off one bomb, but authorities revealed on Thursday that he allegedly had two water bottles containing dry ice.

The first bottle exploded in his vending cart, and a second bottle tossed into a trash can went off several minutes later, prosecutors said.

Barnes’ bail was set at $500,000, down from $1 million.

His next court appearance was set for June 7. He could face six years in prison if convicted.

The explosion in the trash can was reported around 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday in Disneyland’s Toontown area.

There were no injuries and no damage reported, but it caused quite a commotion.

Parkgoers were evacuated from the area immediately, and the Orange County Sheriff’s Department Bomb Squad was called in to investigate.

“We’re not certain that he understood the full weight of what would happen when this did go off in those trash cans,” Anaheim police Sgt. Bob Dunn said.

“Is it possible that it was a prank? Absolutely,” Dunn said. “Are we investigating it as a crime? Absolutely.”

Barnes’ father, Raymond, told KTLA that he thought the whole thing was just “an unfortunate mistake.”

“He’s not someone that would do something to hurt anyone or anything like that,” he said. “He’s not violent at all.”

“They have a right to check into things thoroughly, and I understand that,” he said. “But when the smoke clears, they’ll see that he’s a very good kid.”

Disneyland officials said they were taking the matter very seriously and were working with authorities.

http://ktla.com/2013/05/31/disneyland-employee-arrested-in-toontown-explosion-2/#axzz2Ut0ZSV2v

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/06/disney-parks-ticket-price-update/

We wanted to let Disney Parks Blog readers know that starting tomorrow, June 2, tickets to our Florida and California theme parks will be adjusted with new pricing.

As we’ve heard from many of our guests, the quality entertainment and attractions and the memorable moments created by our cast make a Disney theme park experience a great value. There’s something for everyone at Disney Parks to make a magical vacation memory.

You can now find information on the different ticket pricing on our Walt Disney World Resort ticket page and Disneyland Resort page.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/disneyland-resort-ticket-menu-effective-june-2-2013/

1147052133_ScreenShot2013-06-01at12_56_05PM.thumb.jpg.9f0c06f726118554abf5f589672affa5.jpg

1000875886_ScreenShot2013-06-01at12_56_20PM.jpg.dbdd2e6171b8d132c73a4f269d159f16.jpg

Can't wait for the two weeks of faux outrage followed by the 50 weeks of big attendance before the cycle repeats itself.

Yup. People fail to realize that the cost of operating a theme park as successful as DCA and DL only rises. More guests=more staffing/maintenance/food/merchandise/etc. That doesn't even take into account adding new attractions/shows to the park on a constant basis. The only way to maintain their profit margins and still provide the Disney experience is to raise the price.

I dont' see the value any more in Disney's parks, but that's okay. The price is an offer of services. I'll pass for now, unless my personal value proposition changes. Which it most likely will when I have grandkids some day. But for now, I'll let my family's APs lapse and skip WDW entirely the next time I'm in Orlando. It's too much money for the four attractions we enjoy or to access drinking around the world.

Disney's product no longer has value to me, but the wider market obviously sees things differently. The Disneyland Resort seems busier than ever. The prices should be raised to maximize revenues and cause some would-be customers to balk, because we're getting close to this:

Disneyland: Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.

The Disneyland Resort seems busier than ever. The prices should be raised to maximize revenues and cause some would-be customers to balk, because we're getting close to this:

Disneyland: Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.

Agree with this. In the 18 months between my last two visits (November 2011 and May 2013) the parks seem significantly more crowded and frenetic. Obviously Cars Land and DCA 2.0 are the drivers of this, and possibly the time of year, but even so there are definitely more crazy "gotta have the perfect visit" type guests.

As far as the actual ticket prices go, for foreign visitors (like me) a few dollars extra isn't going to make any difference anyway after you factor in flights, hotels and all the other costs associated with travel. For locals, $20/year is what, 40 cents a week? Ouch...

Value is all relative: as is mentioned every single time Disney increases prices, people pay a lot more for things like sporting events and concerts. No reason Disney shouldn't capitalize if they can!

We decided long ago that we weren't renewing our passes. It wasn't really because of the price but more that life is so busy we just don't go enough to justify the price anymore.

I mean, I was just looking through pictures to find the monstro picture for the "rides that eat you thread" and decided to see how many visits we've actually had in the past 8 or so years.

2005 = 5 / 2006 = 11 / 2007 = 22 / 2008 = 25 / 2009 = 26 / 2010 = 13 / 2011 = 11 / 2012 = 4 / 2013 = 3 (all on one weekend in Jan)

120 visits over the last 8 years is enough for awhile I think.

I just looked at the renewal form with the new prices, and they have increased the renewal discount rates for APs!

Premium- $40 off, up from $20.

Deluxe- $20 off, same as last year.

SoCal- $10 off, up from $0

SoCal Select- $10 off, up from $0.

May not be much, but a discount is a discount. And if you're buying a Premium or SoCal Select AP, you're paying the exact same prices as last year.

Hey guys,

I have been watching this site for years and often wish I could ride some of those coasters.. but a disability quite often can be an instant No! This is my first review on TPR.

My name is Andy, I am a drummer from Sydney Australia, I spend my days in a wheelchair due to having Cerebral Palsy, however this hasn't stopped me. Recently, my wife and I went to the USA for me to attend a drumming seminar, do a gig in California, and have some drum lessons in New York. We had 2 days in LA and decided to spend one of those at the original Disneyland Park in Anaheim. Sadly we didn't get time to check out California Adventure... but there is always next time... I am hanging to ride California Screamin'

As a drummer though my timing was right out on this trip... major theme parks re-opened the weekend we left to return to Australia... but still we had fun!

After reading a lot of the TPR trip reviews, I thought no one has ever touched on Wheelchair Accessibility to a theme park.

Living in Australia we are very limited... we have Luna Park here in Sydney, which all of the rides are up quite a few stairs.. for which I would have to learn to get out of my chair and walk... Movieworld, Sea World and Dreamworld on the Gold Coast are all pretty much the same.. with stairs accessing most of the rides.. although I have ridden a couple of coasters at Movie World.

We are having a Wet n Wild being built about 10 minutes from our place, and from what I have seen so far, it doesn't look like us people with disabilities have been considered either. Like we like to have fun too... wheelchair and all

Now getting back to Disneyland. Disney has really got it right.... Everyone told us to go to Disneyland for 1 day was insane, however we had a blast! Disneyland Anahiem is one of the most wheelchair friendly places I have ever seen, and I will tell you what we found out:

1. The Trams from the car park, are extremely wheelchair friendly.

DSCN1023.thumb.JPG.da460eb52afc54cb197939a6b0440b0a.JPG

Disneyland Trams

2. When you get there, go to guest relations, they will give you a brochure which tell you which rides are disabled friendly.

DSCN1030.thumb.JPG.ef1164f58db4436cff161c122f62eb77.JPG

Disneyland Guest Brochure for people with Disabilities

DSCN1031.thumb.JPG.40c37aba920cd53a1db6648748f5c4e9.JPG

This place is the happiest place on earth

2. We headed to It's a Small World. I will never get that song out of my head... but the experience was unbeleiveable... they have a hoist on the first boat for loading wheelchairs on and off the boats. You can actually ride in your chair. It is a pretty cool setup.

DSCN1039.thumb.JPG.bbd13374f7af8717a415ff90a69a82f4.JPG

It's a small world

DSCN1040.thumb.JPG.885c23c4aa3920180cdd9fa262718a6d.JPG

It's a small world - wheelchair loading

DSCN1041.thumb.JPG.10bc35d033798a7c0e36da4026a4cdf9.JPG

DSCN1042.thumb.JPG.2f821c1837c2b3cdc87e33803fcd4de3.JPG

Check out this video I found on youtube

DSCN1046.thumb.JPG.bfcfc18460fced5b0347d70767ff2be2.JPG

It's a small world

DSCN1054.thumb.JPG.139fc79cfa0f6fb24f004c5b7a48eda0.JPG

It's a small world

DSCN1063.thumb.JPG.072cc10e841eec9df63f288a34451d02.JPG

It's a small world

DSCN1074.thumb.JPG.213faa0f3af46676282e38f58e960424.JPG

It's a small world - wheelchair on ride

3. Mickey's Toon Town - we didnt bother much here, except for Mickey's House, which is totally flat and fully wheelchair accessible. Even doors are wide enough for chair to go through without touching the sides.

DSCN1102.thumb.JPG.2f328a7590c4c179df1216a1fffe6525.JPG

Mickey's Toontown

DSCN1128.thumb.JPG.9efd53539bee1ad44d851c876403be48.JPG

Like a kid in a candy store :)

4. Disneyland Railroad - we did this a few times because the scenery around the park is breathtaking, and again, I can stay in my wheelchair on the train.

DSCN1128.thumb.JPG.9efd53539bee1ad44d851c876403be48.JPG

Like a kid in a candy store :)

5. Jungle Cruise - again like It's a small world, they have a hoist and you sit in your wheelchair in the middle of the boat. It's an awesome setup.

DSCN1173.thumb.JPG.b238300b9f3e0703c063e2d588d7fbba.JPG

Jungle Cruise - wheelchair hoist

DSCN1175.thumb.JPG.6cad4b75ebf0089f08739a7bb62ce53c.JPG

Jungle Cruise - wheelchair on ride

6. Indiana Jones Adventure - now this was the highlight of the day... I have never seen a ride so well themed and so wheelchair friendly. We can wheel the chair right through the maze of tunnels and caves, there is a lift between the floors, and you can park the wheelchair right next to the loading area of the ride jeeps. Getting on is a quick easy transfer from the wheelchair. Easy grab rails and a small step... no dramas at all.. only thing I had to do was hold on tight!!!

DSCN1199.thumb.JPG.48bb3c2f00eed887ff4d1ef8ea3ffb55.JPG

Coming off Indiana Jones.. my skin isnt usually that white! lol

6. Mr Toad's Wild Ride - again another easy ride to get on, can get wheelchair nice and close to the car, and an easy transfer. Only problem was.. the ride broke down the minute I got on board, and I had to sit there for about 20 minutes while they fixed it. But it was a quick, fun ride.

DSCN1207.thumb.JPG.a9e01bb139dd1b83bbb65e4d85111156.JPG

Stuck til they fix it - Mr Toad's Wild Ride

When we decided to go to Disneyland, we booked a tour through Starline Tours. Would definately do it that way again, no hassle, they picked us up from our hotel in Hollywood, and the buses are all wheelchair accessible.

DSCN1231.thumb.JPG.bf87574a105aaae9211cf67a62e93680.JPG

Starline Tours

DSCN1232.thumb.JPG.2f13645568b36131db9b9d28b99e1c42.JPG

Starline Tours

Also when we returned to the hotel, decided to go cruise Hollywood Boulevard to grab a bite to eat.... on the spur of the moment, I decided to get another tattoo done. We stopped in at Hollywood Highland Tattoos, just across the road from the Dolby Theater, and talked to them, nothing was too much trouble. Their studio was up stairs, but to do my tatt, they brought the machine downstairs and did my tatt behind the counter in the store... highly recommend them... awesome guys to deal with.

DSCN1237.thumb.JPG.c66dd628ad1b6c4a02ee041013002179.JPG

My snare drum tatt :D

Hope you guys find this helpful, and as I travel a bit, it wont be my last review.

Cheers.

DSCN1164.thumb.JPG.c9d58a02097a56a381dc7b5ab59ce5ca.JPG

Disneyland Railroad - a rather easy way to get around the park in a wheelchair