TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^Who said it was an American?
Well I'm just guessing it was.
^ Not cool. They could have been from ANYWHERE. :/

Seriously. Just stop. Don't EVEN THINK about starting some American/Anti-American political argument or debate in this thread.

I'm so sick of the pointless and stupid debates that have taken place in this thread lately. They've been some of the worst we've ever seen on TPR. (Not surprising since they come from people who hold Disneyland annual passes.)

If you can't play nice, or post things that are relevant, intelligent, polite, or on topic, don't expect to be a member of this forum much longer.

I hope I've made myself VERY clear.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

^I don't see that accomplishing anything. Sure, they'll be on the lookout for these kind of things now, but this is a situation in which the device so small, and hard to detect that the security checkpoint process would have to be overhauled to be able to scope for things like this.

And if you've ever seen security checkpoints at the parks on a busy day, the last thing anyone needs is for the process to become longer.

Yeah this whole thing reeks of 'dumb US kid prank'. I hope they catch the person and make them pay.

Agreed. Shouldn't security also be punished since they allowed him into the park?

Uhhh...no. Its extremely easy to make this happen and get it past 'Security' (silly bag check)

I seen the link for the Times' article on the dry ice bomb (and even I know there was nothing to get worked up about), and then I read the comments afterwards...oh man, stupidity and ignorance all around...If anything, Fenton was probably trying something new for GizmoDuck's armour...yeah...I just made a DuckTales reference.

Ribbing aside, no one was hurt, the dumbasses involved will be caught and that is that...

What puzzles me is how someone gets to the point of doing something dumb like this. How could this person say to themselves, putting a dry ice bomb around children at my work sounds like a good idea, nothing bad came come from doing this.

What puzzles me is how someone gets to the point of doing something dumb like this. How could this person say to themselves, putting a dry ice bomb around children at my work sounds like a good idea, nothing bad came come from doing this.

Some people just don't think, I just think he wanted to get out of work...

There have been several other Dry Ice 'bombs' reported around the Anaheim area in the last few days, so I wouldn't be surprised if his bail is high due to the possibility that he may be responsible for those incidents as well.

^^I really think you're being too quick to blame park security. Unless you want a full body pat down or metal detectors to be the first memory you have of your visit to a Disney park, this is the way it is going to be. These are rare, isolated incidents that by no means represent normal park situations. If you were to reorganize your security efforts purely to prevent these situations, you'd not only impact the guest experience negatively but you would leave yourself open to additional vulnerabilites.

Disney has been handling security just fine at its parks since 1955 with very few incidents to date. There are simply some situations out of the millions of probable (and improbable) ones that no form of risk management can account for or prevent.