TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^ I don't like this either. What if your somewhere far across the park from your next Fast Pass ride & your on a ride how are you going to make it back in time before your Fast Pass time & they won't let you use it??? Really, really annoying. I used to save all my Fast Passes for later in the day or at night & get them all early on. & Then I'd have several at once. Hate this new rule.

Wow, what a dickish thing to say. A complete and perfect example of why can't stand the majority of the Disneyland's AP clientele.

Oh, gee... I'm so sorry that the rules of the park weren't made specifically for YOU.

Here's a pro tip. If you any figure out how to use FastPass, and make it work to your advantage, even with them now enforcing a rule that has been there since day one ... You're dumb. End of story.

Name calling?? Really?? That's how you communicate if you don't like someone else's opinion? Would you tolerate people calling you names on here? Most discussion websites don't appreciate that kind of behavior so why don't you show the same standard of respect...

Don't dish it out unless you can take it when it comes back!!!

Edited by robbalvey

^ I don't like this either. What if your somewhere far across the park from your next Fast Pass ride & your on a ride how are you going to make it back in time before your Fast Pass time & they won't let you use it??? Really, really annoying. I used to save all my Fast Passes for later in the day or at night & get them all early on. & Then I'd have several at once. Hate this new rule.

Wow, what a dickish thing to say. A complete and perfect example of why can't stand the majority of the Disneyland's AP clientele.

Oh, gee... I'm so sorry that the rules of the park weren't made specifically for YOU.

Here's a pro tip. If you any figure out how to use FastPass, and make it work to your advantage, even with them now enforcing a rule that has been there since day one ... You're dumb. End of story.

Name calling?? Really?? That's how you communicate if you don't like someone else's opinion? Would you tolerate people calling you names on here? Most discussion websites don't appreciate that kind of behavior so why don't you show the same standard of respect...

Robb is correct. I hate it when people think that they deserve to have the rules bent in their favor because of their poor planning. Rules are rules and if people can't abide by them, they should not attend the park then.

Edited by robbalvey

*facepalm*

Once again, thank you for demonstrating exactly why I can't stand Disneyland APers. Worst people in the theme park fan community. Sorry, they just are. Not all of them, mind you, but the majority of them make going to the SoCal Disney parks almost unbearable. Self-entitled pricks that feel they are above the rules and can do whatever the hell they want to. You don't see this behavior from any other "fans" anywhere else in the world. At least none that I've encountered, and I've been to theme parks all over the world!

Oh, and yes, when someone is being a dick, I'm going to call them out on it. And he was being a dick. Have a problem with that? Don't read TPR. Thanks.

Robb is correct. I hate it when people think that they deserve to have the rules bent in their favor because of their poor planning. Rules are rules and if people can't abide by them, they should not attend the park then.

Exactly. And thank you for the backing. Seriously... FastPass is one of the most useful system to ever have been introduced to theme parks. It's changed how we visit theme parks and has created the term "virtual queue."

Anyone that can't figure out how to use FastPass or complains about it, especially anyone that is a MEMBER OF THIS SITE, is an idiot. You have to be completely dumb if you're a theme park enthusiast and can't figure out FastPass.

--Robb "I have a very low tolerance for dumb people..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

^ I

Wow, what a dickish thing to say.. A complete and perfect example of why can't stand the majority of the Disneyland's AP clientele.

*facepalm*

Once again, thank you for demonstrating exactly why I can't stand Disneyland APers. Worst people in the theme park fan community. Sorry, they just are. Not all of them, mind you, but the majority of them make going to the SoCal Disney parks almost unbearable.

Oh, and yes, when someone is being a dick, I'm going to call them out on it. And he was being a dick. Have a problem with that? Don't read TPR. Thanks.

Exactly. And thank you for the backing. Seriously... FastPass is one of the most useful system to ever have been introduced to theme parks. It's changed how we visit theme parks and has created the term "virtual queue."

Anyone that can't figure out how to use FastPass or complains about it, especially anyone that is a MEMBER OF THIS SITE, is an idiot. You have to be completely dumb if you're a theme park enthusiast and can't figure out FastPass.

--Robb "I have a very low tolerance for dumb people..." Alvey

Thanks. When I attended conferences in the past at WDW, Fastpass have enabled me to significantly reduce the time spent at the park, and increase the amount of time exploring other areas of the Resort.

Edited by robbalvey

I had no idea that you could use a Fast Pass after its appointed time, until one person in a group I was with at WDW mentioned it. So, for those of you who are upset that the deadlines are now more strictly enforced, just think this: "Well, it was fun while it lasted." Then do a better job of managing your day at the park.

Edited by cfc

Sorry for being so harsh, it just really irks me to hear these people bitch and complain about this rule, when it's something that has been in place since FastPass was first introduced more than 10 yeas ago. The general public, who never knew they could come back whenever they wanted to still followed it, and the only people who are complaining are self-entitled people who were abusing the system and feel they are above the rules, but they try to candy-coat it by blaming Disney for enforcing it as it's some sort of hardship on them. This is a flat-out lie and they know it.

I have ZERO TOLERANCE for these people, and quite frankly, I don't want people like this as part of our community.

--Robb "Just being totally honest and up front..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Sorry for being so harsh, it just really irks me to hear these people bitch and complain about this rule, when it's something that has been in place since FastPass was first introduced more than 10 yeas ago, the general public, who never knew they could come back whenever they wanted to still followed it, and the only people who are complaining are self-entitled people who are abusing the system and feel they are above the rules, but they try to candy-coat it as it's some sort of hardship on them. This is a flat-out lie and they know it.

I have ZERO TOLERANCE for these people, and quite frankly, I don't want people like this as part of our community.

--Robb "Just being totally honest and up front..." Alvey

TPR stands for Theme Park Review not The Pivotal Rule.

Back to business, I hate dealing with people entitled to have it their way. They try to diminish the functionality of a perfect system. Their acts harm theme park enthusiasts as if they were taking candy from a baby. I think parks should have an ejection system designed to kick them out of the park.

^^^If anything, the new deadlines force you to better manage your day, and in the time since this policy was instituted here in Florida, I've actually found the planning helps me gauge my time better, allowing me to do more.

... The general public, who never knew they could come back whenever they wanted to still followed it, and the only people who are complaining are self-entitled people who were abusing the system and feel they are above the rules, but they try to candy-coat it by blaming Disney for enforcing it as it's some sort of hardship on them. This is a flat-out lie and they know it...

I love how you say what most of us are thinking! It's like you KNOW. Let's call the bad APers "Passholes".

I'll admit that I was one of the fast-pass abusers, once the return time enforcement began i was kinda bummed at first. Was bummed because i thought it wouldn't make a difference in the length of the lines and that enforcement was unnecessary, I have to admit I was wrong!!! I've seen the standard lines and fast pass lines are noticeably shorter not way shorter but it is noticeable. Another positive with this change it could only mean My Magic Plus (Fast Pass Plus) system roll out could be in our near future Which sounds very positive and gives us more control over Fastpass and even fixes some of the limitations with a paper system such as not being able to change switch attractions on the fly (If available) before your reservation time or 2 hour window

http://meridianpacific.createsend1.com/t/ViewEmail/t/4B6B720466B39BF2

Support Our Anaheim Resort (S.O.A.R.) is proud to announce that on Tuesday night, the Anaheim City Council approved an economic assistance agreement with Gardenwalk Hotel, LLC for the construction of two new luxury hotels. The agreement carries no risk to the City’s general fund and requires the private sector to fund the building of the hotels. The City is incentivizing development by simply sharing a portion of the transient occupancy tax (commonly referred to as bed tax) subsequently generated by the hotels after they are built in order to make the project feasible.

This project creates local jobs in our city, and also brings additional revenue to support vital city services like police, fire, and maintaining parks and libraries. The entire project is expected to generate nearly $500 million in new revenue to the City over the term of the agreement. Additionally, this project will create and support approximately 1,300 permanent local jobs annually, as well as 3,000 temporary jobs related to construction. It is a win-win for Anaheim’s residents- thereby growing the general fund to pay for vital city services like police, fire and parks.

On behalf of S.O.A.R. and our over 10,000 members, we thank the Anaheim City Council for their leadership in approving the GardenWalk hotel development and thinking of the long-term benefits these hotels will bring to our city and the Resort Area.

They've been trying to get these hotels built for years. Lets see if it actually happens. There's also been the discusion of connecting DLR directly to the GardenWalk at some point in order to help generate foot traffic.

This makes no sense.

While this bomb would never have hurt anyone, why would somebody try to rile up a mass of people in a children's area of a theme park?

God, I can't believe the crap some of us Americans do these days.

^Who said it was an American?

Well I'm just guessing it was.

I really doubt an international terrorist would put a DRY ICE bomb in a trashcan at Disneyland.

I don't know, I just presumed it was an American pulling some idiotic prank.

This makes no sense.

While this bomb would never have hurt anyone, why would somebody try to rile up a mass of people in a children's area of a theme park?

God, I can't believe the crap some of us Americans do these days.

The fact that it was a dry ice bomb probably means that whoever did it thought it would be a harmless prank. A student set off a dry ice bomb in my middle school during lunch once with similar results.

When I heard it was a dry ice bomb, I was frankly surprised it didn't happen before a Grad Night. When I did Grad Night there was all sorts of stupid stuff that was done, including two kids that were kicked out for switching seats on the Matterhorn during the ride. While most young people would never dream of pulling something like this, I knew plenty of people when I was a teenager who would do really stupid things without thinking through all the consequences.