TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^That'd be fantastic although I'd hope they'd use a different theme than Snow White. Too bad there isn't room for something like a Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars type coaster. Perhaps themed to the Sierra Nevada mining towns.

Well, yeah, they wouldn't use the Snow White theme, they'd use a California Mine theme.

Hey, with Brad Bird trying to get "1906" off the ground through Pixar, Disney and Warner Bros with no foreseeable release date; there's the movie tie in and "plot" of the ride with the big San Fransisco earthquake.

^I'd hope so, but with the amount of movie tie-ins the park has you never know.

However I think more than likely it would be a California mine theme.

I just meant that it wouldn't be Snow White, thats all... lol.

Hey, with Brad Bird trying to get "1906" off the ground through Pixar, Disney and Warner Bros with no foreseeable release date; there's the movie tie in and "plot" of the ride with the big San Fransisco earthquake.

Ya Know, whether 1906 gets made or not, an earthquake theme would be really cool for a coaster in that area!

Ya Know, whether 1906 gets made or not, an earthquake theme would be really cool for a coaster in that area!

Disagree!!!!

Hate earthquakes!!!!

How about wildfires?

I like the idea of the twister concept.

The twister concept looks mostly stationary... it might be more interesting if it was more like the Sky Roller, but wrapped with a toroidal projection system and some rider control over the pitch and altitude.

My fantasy plane ride would be something like combining the Eyerly Acroplane with the Sky Roller... as in, put multiple forks on a spinner and lose the propeller.

BTW, footage of the Acroplane! (00:58s in)

Sky Roller

Disagree!!!!

Any ride themed to an earthquake will not be very popular when the Big One hits in the near future!

• 2 weeks later...
*URGENT*

Does Disneyland enforce fastpass ending times?

Yes, they started enforcing them earlier this year. Signs have gone up at a number of Fastpass machines informing visitors that early or late arrivals cannot be accomodated.

^ I don't like this either. What if your somewhere far across the park from your next Fast Pass ride & your on a ride how are you going to make it back in time before your Fast Pass time & they won't let you use it??? Really, really annoying. I used to save all my Fast Passes for later in the day or at night & get them all early on. & Then I'd have several at once. Hate this new rule.

^Er, then I guess it's up to you to be in the right place at the appropriate time?

And, you know, it just might be possible that people abusing the "use it late" privilege may have led to the stricter enforcement policy. Just a hunch.

^Exactly.

^^You just admitted that you were abusing the system and are now complaining that they are enforcing it. When you get a Fast Pass, you stay in the that same area of the park, simple enough. You don't abuse it. Simple enough.

Hate this new rule.

I look at the use of FastPass, like the tv series "The Amazing Race". You can plan accordingly,

but sometimes, something /anything unexpected might screw your (FastPass) time up.

It's happened to me a number of times in Disney parks, not making the FastPass end-time for

"whatever reason." And I ended up with an instant "souvenir" of the park, lol.

Learn to live with it, and accept it. Theme Park life happens.

^^^^ I was being sarcastic in my post. You probably thought the eye roll meant was I was actually upset about it, but I meant to use it to show I was being sarcastic.

I don't understand why people can't just follow the damn rules. As Robb says constantly, this site is for people who DON'T have the mentality that if there is a rule that isn't being strongly enforced, they can break it. It's sad that you are one of those people. Don't be LAZY.

^ I don't like this either. What if your somewhere far across the park from your next Fast Pass ride & your on a ride how are you going to make it back in time before your Fast Pass time & they won't let you use it??? Really, really annoying. I used to save all my Fast Passes for later in the day or at night & get them all early on. & Then I'd have several at once. Hate this new rule.

Honestly, the only time I've ever been unable to make my Fastpass return time was when I happened to be in the other park during the return window. It only takes five minutes or so to cross the park, and if you can't make it back during the one hour window then that's most likely poor planning. I've also got a feeling that the park would make accomodations for anything that is their fault, and I also believe that you'd probably be able to get in if you're a few minutes late. They just don't want people with 10:00 to 11:00 A.M. Fastpasses returning at 7:00 P.M., as that causes problems with the wait times. So far, I've seen a lot less backups of the Fastpass line, so if return time enforcement makes the line move more smoothly I'm all for it.

We had no problems following the rules for fast pass...we just planned our day out and rode things in the area, did the rides we were after. in the end it just takes planning...not that hard. An example of what we did: we snagged our FP's for ToT, got in standby line, and by the time we got on it was check in time...meaning, reride ToT! And this was my first time using the virtual queue system. A lot of the rides didn't even need FP as the lines were quite short (I can deal with 20 minute waits).

Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but be grateful they even HAVE a fastpass system! I mean, seriously now.... how hard is it to follow the rules? They COULD just make you wait in line after line after line... but instead they let you have a break: waiting in one line while your time comes up. It's YOUR responsibility to be there ON TIME. Plus, you have a WHOLE HOUR. If you can't make THAT time frame clearly you have issues.

I'm glad they have the new rule and I personally wish they'd started enforcing it a long time ago!

Admittedly I was a fastpass abuser for years, and while I have had to change the way I do certain things at certain times I am happy they are now enforcing it. People(admittedly like me) realized there was absolutely no consequence to fastpass time abuse, so we just showed up whenever we pleased and used the fastpass, but this is a good change that we have to get used to. The thing is there are "trends" there are specific times large groups will go to specific attractions and when that happens the CM's have to juggle a grumpy standby line and a huge fastpass line at the same time. As for being in the wrong area of the park it's not that big and there is a train system that will take you virtually anywhere in the park if you are for whatever reason(and all I can imagine are parades which are entirely avoidable) if you can't get around anything. If you are hanging out in the other park(and in all honesty getting from Screamin to Pirates takes about 15 minutes unless front gate lines are long) then that's on you. The point is we'll all get used to it.

I'm very excited for Friday. Will it be a complete crowded mess? Yes. Was it on leap day? Of course. Did I have a GREAT time on leapday? Of course! Friday is about hanging out with friends and meeting Disney facebook groups and taking dumb pictures, or about waiting in a stupid line for food that you can't usually get and for that I'm excited!

http://meridianpacific.createsend1.com/t/ViewEmail/t/4B6B720466B39BF2

Support Our Anaheim Resort (S.O.A.R.) is proud to announce that on Tuesday night, the Anaheim City Council approved an economic assistance agreement with Gardenwalk Hotel, LLC for the construction of two new luxury hotels. The agreement carries no risk to the City’s general fund and requires the private sector to fund the building of the hotels. The City is incentivizing development by simply sharing a portion of the transient occupancy tax (commonly referred to as bed tax) subsequently generated by the hotels after they are built in order to make the project feasible.

This project creates local jobs in our city, and also brings additional revenue to support vital city services like police, fire, and maintaining parks and libraries. The entire project is expected to generate nearly $500 million in new revenue to the City over the term of the agreement. Additionally, this project will create and support approximately 1,300 permanent local jobs annually, as well as 3,000 temporary jobs related to construction. It is a win-win for Anaheim’s residents- thereby growing the general fund to pay for vital city services like police, fire and parks.

On behalf of S.O.A.R. and our over 10,000 members, we thank the Anaheim City Council for their leadership in approving the GardenWalk hotel development and thinking of the long-term benefits these hotels will bring to our city and the Resort Area.

Wow, what a dickish thing to say. A complete and perfect example of why can't stand the majority of the Disneyland's AP clientele.

Oh, gee... I'm so sorry that the rules of the park weren't made specifically for YOU.

Here's a pro tip. If you any figure out how to use FastPass, and make it work to your advantage, even with them now enforcing a rule that has been there since day one ... You're dumb. End of story.

Edited by robbalvey