TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^By comparison, the Cowboy Stadium scoreboard has 2.695 million per side. 1 million pixels is a lot for an LED video screen, since the pixels have to be spaced further apart to be able to display the image on such a large scale and still be visible from long distances.

Double posting because news has come out that the DCA all night event will NOT be all night. From 9pm-3am, most of the park will be closed for Grad Night guests only.

^ That's going to end up making it WORSE than last year IMO. Where are all those DCA people going to go at 9pm when Disneyland has it's gates closed like last time?

Double posting because news has come out that the DCA all night event will NOT be all night. From 9pm-3am, most of the park will be closed for Grad Night guests only.

Last time was bad enough. And it was a week night with no special events. This time, its a holiday weekend, with a special event. It seemed like it was going to be ok with DCA open, but if its closed for Grad Nights for those hours (BTW, that's the time when EVERYONE SHOWED UP!!!) this defeats the whole purpose! Not to mention the massive amount of cars that will be coming in.

I never thought doing it on this day was a good idea.

Wow, that sounds like it'll be the perfect storm! I don't know how they think this will end up well. Well, they will make a ton of money, but I hope it doesn't turn into a PR nightmare.

Edited by jray21

Well, that's no good. If I were to do this, my plan was to do Disneyland first and then before midnight, head over to DCA and spend the rest of the time there. But if this is the case, then it looks like it'll be an absolutely crowding nightmare.

^Apparently it will be Buena Vista Street, The Mad T Party area, and the Soarin' Attraction for regular guests.

Well, if they are using T Party for Day guests, I'd think they would use Muppets, Monsters, Animation (maybe) and Tower too. It doesn't make sense to offer T Party and none of the attractions surrounding it, lol.

^I could see Tower being grad night only, turning regular guests only towards T party.

In other news: Disney announced Space Mountain will reopen this weekend.

I also think it is very premature to be discussing the notion of Planes-themed additions to any of the parks considering the film hasn't even been released yet...

Edited by jedimaster1227

^ True, but with Planes rumored to be added at some point, this seems worthy of discussion.

Worthy of discussion in the patent thread. There's really no basis for it to be discussed in the DLR thread.

I apologize if this has already been asked, but is there any chance of that refurbishment of Grizzly Peak with animatronics and a train ride being added ever happening? I know it's a long shot, but it would be incredible. Another idea I don't want to even dream about would be a version of Western River Expedition being brought back to life at DCA. That's a dream that won't happen. But I know that a place making of Condor Flats is an eventual possibility. The question is what could they do with it?

It was on some art for one of the ideas to help re-brand DCA but it didn't make it past that art work. To add that train and all the tunnels it would need would be quite the undertaking, so I can see that as a reason it didn't go very far. However, the Challenge Trail is actually an expansion pad for the area and could very well see something along those lines over there one day. Maybe even a version of the Snow White Mine Train coaster.

^That'd be fantastic although I'd hope they'd use a different theme than Snow White. Too bad there isn't room for something like a Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars type coaster. Perhaps themed to the Sierra Nevada mining towns.