TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^ I noticed last time I rode Soarin' that my glider hardly moved at all, so I'm curious if they fixed that problem.

But could you still smell oranges and salt air? It's all abut the smells, people.

Edited by cfc

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/first-three-park-all-nighter-kicks-off-monstrous-summer-at-the-walt-disney-world-and-disneyland-resorts/

Just seconds ago, a 180-foot-tall Mike Wazowski from the upcoming Disney●Pixar film “Monsters University” made the official announcement that we’re keeping three theme parks open for 24 hours on Memorial Day Weekend, the traditional start of the family travel season, to kick off a Monstrous Summer on both coasts. Wazowski, the loveable green-bodied, one-eyed monster, joins best pal James P. Sullivan (“Sulley”) in the prequel to “Monsters, Inc.”, this summer as college students with hopes of becoming Scarers.

Our first-ever, three-park all-night party is happening at the Magic Kingdom Park in Florida and Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park in California. The parks will stay open from 6 a.m., May 24 to 6 a.m., May 25, 2013, local time.

In Florida, Magic Kingdom Park will feature a “Monsters University” theme where Mike and Sulley will be the Grand Marshals of the “Celebrate a Dream Come True” day parade and make appearances in Tomorrowland. There will be extra entertainment throughout the day and night, including characters in their pajamas in Town Square during the late night and early morning, and late-night dance parties in and around the courtyard of Cinderella Castle.

In California, you’ll be able to party the night away at both parks with special entertainment including: a “Monsters University” “TLT Monstrous” Dance Club and Star Wars characters in Tomorrowland and late-night Character Pajama Party in Mickey’s ToonTown at Disneyland park. The new Fantasy Faire Royal Theatre at Disneyland park will become a Royal Dance Hall late at night with a live band and dancing; and guests of Disney California Adventure park will find Monstrous photo opportunities with new “Monsters University” “Dorms” in Hollywood Land and a new “Monsters University” float leading the Pixar Play Parade.

Tonight, the huge sphere of Spaceship Earth was transformed from Disney Parks icon to Disney●Pixar “Eye-con” for the announcement.

Walt Disney World Resort President George Kalogridis joined Mike to share the news of the Monstrous Summer. “This summer, Disney Parks are bursting with a monstrous lineup of new thrills, shows and happenings,” he said. “Guests can start Memorial Day Weekend with a 24-hour-marathon of memory-making as three parks stay open all day and all night to celebrate the bi-coastal kick-off of our Disney Parks Monstrous Summer.”

All three parks will feature limited-edition specialty merchandise and food and beverage offerings plus other surprises throughout the entire day. Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and the Monstrous Summer site for more details in coming weeks.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

sul827602LARGE.jpg.2ef55df2242787e2a16db6877e223431.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/making-music-for-mickey-and-the-magical-map-at-disneyland-park/

We’re just one month away from the May 25 opening of the new live show spectacular, “Mickey and the Magical Map,” in the Fantasyland Theatre at Disneyland park! I’ve mentioned before that “Mickey and the Magical Map” is a musical extravaganza, and today I’m thrilled to offer you a little taste of what you’ll hear in the show.

Creative Entertainment Executive Producer Doug McIntyre and Music Director Bruce Healey recently oversaw the recording of the show’s soundtrack, with a full orchestra on a Hollywood scoring stage. Have a listen!

In addition to a sumptuous, motion picture-quality score and classic Disney tunes, I can also tell you “Mickey and the Magical Map” will feature an original song written just for this show. The song, entitled “Journey to Imagination,” is inspired by Mickey’s journey in the show. It’s about letting go and believing in the world of dreams and imagination.

Composers Adam Watts and Andy Dodd, whose credits include everything from Disney productions like “High School Musical” to writing for artists like Kelly Clarkson and Jesse McCartney, wrote the music and lyrics for “Journey to Imagination,” with orchestration by Timothy Williams.

“We’ve written numerous songs for various Disney TV and film projects,” said Adam and Andy. “’Journey To Imagination’ was particularly unique and special in that it was an opportunity to work on a song specifically for a feature at the park that includes so many classic songs and characters. Being Southern-California natives, we grew up loving Disneyland, and to be a part of it on the creative side is truly an honor. It’s exciting to know that people from all over the world will hear our song in the show every single day. We thoroughly enjoyed the process, as well as working with such a talented team.”

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be] Edited by jedimaster1227

Just remember what happened last year and the insane amount of people that went! I don't expect it to be that crazy since it's not the first time anymore and not leap year, but you never know!

Just remember what happened last year and the insane amount of people that went! I don't expect it to be that crazy since it's not the first time anymore and not leap year, but you never know!

But it is Memorial Day weekend.

Supposedly they are limiting ticket sales, and I am not sure, but some pass restrictions would not surprise me. Rumor on a lot of Disney boards is that they have improved, but as they say... take with a grain of salt. Now... anyone want to meet up? I know there are a lot of TPR members that are passholders and a lot of sites have official(or in this case unofficial) meets... could be fun to hang out with some TPR members, especially as an Orlando crew seems pretty well established for Disneyworld, so I call TPR Best Coast Crew! ASSEMBLE! But seriously, if anyone wants to meet up for the 24 hour day post here.

But it is Memorial Day weekend.

At least they are doubling the park capacity in Anaheim this time. As well, they have hopefully learned a lost from the last party.

I don't think they will limit ticket sales at all. They will just shut down the parks when they reach capacity. Any and all tickets or passes valid that day will be allowed to enter, unless the gates get closed.

Supposedly they are limiting ticket sales, and I am not sure, but some pass restrictions would not surprise me. Rumor on a lot of Disney boards is that they have improved, but as they say... take with a grain of salt. Now... anyone want to meet up? I know there are a lot of TPR members that are passholders and a lot of sites have official(or in this case unofficial) meets... could be fun to hang out with some TPR members, especially as an Orlando crew seems pretty well established for Disneyworld, so I call TPR Best Coast Crew! ASSEMBLE! But seriously, if anyone wants to meet up for the 24 hour day post here.

I would love to do this. I seriously doubt I will have the day off, but (If I'm physically up-to-par), I might consider going after I get off of work even if it's not too long. I'll know the week of and if I do decide to go, I would love to meet-up!

Jealous of you guys that you get a different park this year (in addition to Disneyland), I was REALLY hoping with the announcement being at Epcot that they would either do the event at Epcot or at least add it to Kingdom.

I was REALLY hoping with the announcement being at Epcot that they would either do the event at Epcot or at least add it to Kingdom.

I thought this was a bit odd, too, but I guess they couldn't pass up the chance to turn Spaceship Earth into a giant Mike Wazowski.

Edited by cfc

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/attend-monsters-university-at-disney-parks-this-summer/

It’s shaping up to be a Monstrous Summer at Disney Parks, with a colossal lineup of unforgettable experiences, including entertainment enhancements celebrating the newest Disney•Pixar animated feature, “Monsters University.”

mus298025LARGE.jpg.b8981df9cf82e9fe4fb510ef35b60fea.jpg

Mike and Sulley are dropping in from MU to scare up fun all summer long. Some of the monstrous surprises in store include all-new, collegiate settings in which to meet your favorite aspiring scarers. On the Backlot at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you’ll find the Monsters University Student Union, complete with a view of the campus. Meanwhile, when Sulley and Mike step through the door to Disney California Adventure park, you’ll find them right outside the university dorms, recreated in Hollywood Land.

mus290442.jpg.913ece4ed3fdaa60e1d5933653d4ef17.jpg

Also at Disney California Adventure park, Mike and Sulley show their MU spirit as they lead daily performances of the Pixar Play Parade, and at Magic Kingdom Park, you’ll chuckle along with the gang at the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, where they’ve been studying new jokes and are ready to graduate to new comedic bits in honor of their alma mater.

It may be summer vacation, but Monsters University will be in session all season at the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts! The fun starts on May 24th!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/first-look-setting-the-stage-for-mickey-and-the-magical-map-at-disneyland-park/

There’s still a lot of work to be done to get ready for “Mickey and the Magical Map” to open May 25, but we wanted to give you a sneak peek at the newly refurbished stage inside the Fantasyland Theatre at Disneyland park. The theatre will be the setting for this all-new show, featuring a cast of live performers along with some of your favorite Disney friends – all interacting with the huge magical map which takes center stage throughout the performance. This first photo shows the opening title for the show, which is revealed during the first sequence.

smp498023LARGE.jpg.b3c3a8154daef8e42f39558356c4c661.jpg

This amazing, living map is created with an enormous, multi-tiered LED screen, which helps tell the story and allows for the inclusion of fantastic animation and visual effects, taking Mickey Mouse into the lands of his imagination. This wondrous map spans the entire length of the stage, covering 35,000+ square inches with nearly 1 million pixels. The second sneak-peek photo we have for you features the wise sorcerer Yen Sid, whose magical map is the centerpiece of the show.

smp120392LARGE.jpg.222b037f78f37770924e0fac55b68027.jpg

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog in the coming weeks as we reveal more behind-the-scenes looks and sneak peeks of “Mickey and the Magical Map,” leading up to the May 25 opening at Disneyland park.

Jealous of you guys that you get a different park this year (in addition to Disneyland), I was REALLY hoping with the announcement being at Epcot that they would either do the event at Epcot or at least add it to Kingdom.

That would have been amazing! 24 hours of eating around Epcot! I would have absolutely flown out for that.

^ Ditto! Had they announced more than one park I would've been there in a heart beat.

Glad Disneyland is opening both parks since last year was absolutely insane. Should make things more bearable around the resort but it's still probably going to be an absolute madhouse.

It's still going to be crazy at DL. Plus they'll stop serving alcohol at 2am at DCA. FAIL!!!

Boo. Drunk people make the rides more fun. I can just imagine someone drunk off their rear on Indiana Jones or Tower of Terror. ...or better yet World of Color. "OOoooohhhh! Double raiiiiinbbboooooowwwwww!!!!"