TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Coming out to DLR for the 1st time time 2000 (never been to DCA!)

Any suggestions for nearby and reasonable hotels? I am flying into LGB airport and am considering not getting a rental car since I am just doing Disneyland Resort and Knott's.

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

My dates are April 14-18

You have a couple of options:

LA Metro 460, picks you up and drops you off right in front of Disneyland and Knotts. Takes no more than 20mins each way, and runs every 15-30mins. ($3.00 round trip)

ART route 18, picks you up and drops you off right in front of Disneyland and Knotts, Takes about 40mins each way, and runs hourly. ($5.00, day pass)

http://www.metro.net/riding/maps/

http://www.rideart.org/schedules/route-18/

Posted on the Disney Blog:

If you have an eagle eye, next week’s “Limited Time Magic” surprise at Disney Parks is especially for you. We’re launching a special “egg” hunt at both the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.

For one week only, from March 18-24, you’ll be able to search for special hidden “eggs” themed to Disney characters at Epcot and at Disney California Adventure park and then record your discoveries on specially themed Eggs-perience park maps.

At Epcot, maps can be purchased at the Heritage Manor in the American Adventure Pavilion, International Gateway, Pin Central and Port of Entry.

And at Disney California Adventure park, you can purchase the map at Elias & Co., Oswald’s, Radiator Springs Curios, Tower Hotel Gifts and Treasures in Paradise.

Each map and set of stickers will cost $4.95, plus tax at select locations. And whether you choose to hunt for eggs or not, return your map to a Port of Entry at Epcot or Elias & Co. at Disney California Adventure park for a surprise.

Maps will be available while supplies last and no discounts apply. You should also know that separate admission is required to enter Disney Theme Parks and the experience is subject to restrictions and change without notice.

This is really cool! They did this at Tokyo Disneyland one of the times we were there for Easter Celebrations. They also of course had adorable park merchandise and food!

Heh heh.

Nice to see Chip and Dale in the pack.

And the Easter "eggs" around TDL were really great.

Usually placed in really nice settings, too.

But so odd to see them in ....late June. We were

there when the "spring season" was just ending.

From my AP Extra:

Beginning March 23, 2013,

Guests under age 14

must be accompanied by a

Guest age 14 or older to

enter Disneyland® Resort

Theme Parks.

I'm all for it. It's about time Disneyland did something about locals treating the park like a baby sitter. What do you guys think?

Hard to believe this policy didn't exist before!

It's hard to believe parents use theme parks as a babysitter for their under 14 aged kids?

I'm sort of curious as to how this will be enforced. Will kids have to produce IDs with their birthdate on it? Also, since you only need the parent to enter, what's to stop the parent from doing a 180 just past the admission gates? I guess Disneyland is still willing to be a babysitter as long as they sell at least one adult admission in return for the service.

I remember they used to do things like this for the Disneyland Anniversary, one year it was a quest with a theme of the "Mountains of Disneyland" and was really fun. I think we still have the booklet and pin that came with it.

Glad to see they are doing fun little things like this again.

This policy makes me wonder if there will be any exceptions. When I was in 8th grade it was a tradition that the graduating 8th graders went on a field trip to Disneyland at the end of the year. It was a pretty big deal and was something that I know had been going on for a long time for the schools in the district. Now at the time of that trip I was 13, as were a whole lot of the other kids on that trip. There were a few teachers roaming the park, but for the most part we had free reign from 10am until 10pm. We broke off and went with friends for the day. Now I'm not sure if the schools still do this (it has been a few years since I was an 8th grader) but with the new policy in place I wonder if that is something that is now a thing of the past.

Update about Strabucks coming to Disneyland!

Disney Parks Blog

Starbucks Coming to Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland Park; Disneyana to Combine with Disney Gallery

posted on March 19th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print, Disneyland Resort

I’ve got updates to share with you today about some big changes coming to Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland park. First, Starbucks will be making its much-anticipated debut inside Market House this fall. To make room for this exciting addition, Market House will close next month to begin an expansion into the adjacent space currently occupied by Disneyana.

592321916_DisneySTBX.jpg.9d8ca46842aa2e87122755b1e795d7af.jpg

Disney art and collectible fans will soon be able to find all their favorite treasures in one location, as Disneyana will move to a new home inside the Bank of Main Street building, the current location of the Disney Gallery. The new, combined location will continue to present a rotating Gallery Exhibit, featuring Walt Disney Imagineering concept art and pieces from local artists. (In fact, we will have information soon about the newest exhibit, featuring art inspired by Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room, celebrating its 50th anniversary this summer.)

Market House will reopen this fall, still themed as a turn-of-the-century general store, serving Starbucks products and a selection of specialty Disney pastries. I’ll have more updates here on the Disney Parks Blog as the project progresses, so keep checking back.

YAY! Better coffee!!

That is a really big space they are carving out for the Starbucks. I'm surprised they are going to take over Disneyana, I thought the seating outside would have been enough. Guess not though, haha.

Hard to believe this policy didn't exist before!

Yeah, I'm surprised as well. Though, off the top of my head, I don't recall too many "kids" running around without a parent close behind them. But it must be an issue now if they decided to make the rule.

That was my thought as well...I don't recall any instances at DLR where this has seemed an issue to me. Perhaps it is a larger problem at other Disney parks (which I don't visit as frequently). If that is the case, it would make sense to implement in company wide.

I've got a question for anyone that might know...

I'm planning to get an annual pass again (the cheap So Cal Select pass) since my school schedule will now permit regular visits, but due to scheduling I'm going to be visiting on Sunday, March 24th as my sister wants to go on her birthday, which is a day the So Cal Select pass is blocked out. My question is this: Do blockout dates apply on the date of your first visit, and are the rules different depending on whether you buy your pass online or at the resort? I know blockout dates didn't used to apply on the date of your first visit (at least if you bought your pass at the resort), but as I could find no mention of this on the website I wanted to make sure this was still the case.

As for the age policy, I think this is a good thing for the resort. On my visits to Knott's, unaccompanied middle schoolers, especially when not part of a school trip, are by far the worst group of park guests I have encountered and a restriction of 14 would keep these groups out. Additionally, theme parks are not a day care service, so hopefully parents will stop using Disneyland as one and there won't be any more late afternoon crowd explosions.

Do blockout dates apply on the date of your first visit

No. Your pass CAN be used for admission on date of purchase even if it's blocked out.

Are the rules different depending on whether you buy your pass online or at the resort?

Pass benefits are the same whether purchased at the resort OR online. ALL passes are valid on 1st date of visit.

Edited by DJeXeL

I've got a question for anyone that might know...

I'm planning to get an annual pass again (the cheap So Cal Select pass) since my school schedule will now permit regular visits, but due to scheduling I'm going to be visiting on Sunday, March 24th as my sister wants to go on her birthday, which is a day the So Cal Select pass is blocked out. My question is this: Do blockout dates apply on the date of your first visit, and are the rules different depending on whether you buy your pass online or at the resort? I know blockout dates didn't used to apply on the date of your first visit (at least if you bought your pass at the resort), but as I could find no mention of this on the website I wanted to make sure this was still the case..

The pass works on the day you purchase it for sure, when it is purchased at the park. I would guess, buying it online or at your local store would be different. It will for sure work the day you activate it, but buying online ahead of time doesn't really save any time because you still have to go to the ticket booth to get your actual pass.

You can also call Disney and ask them:

Annual Passport Member Services

(714) 781-PASS

(714) 781-7277

Hours to Call

Monday through Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Saturdays and Sundays: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Holiday hours may vary between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

^ & ^^ Thanks for the replies. I thought that was still the case, but wanted to double check. I'm thinking I'll probably see what my sister's friends are doing, as if they aren't buying tickets until they get there buying it online won't save me any time and I'll need to visit the ticket booths during the day anyway.

^ & ^^ Thanks for the replies. I thought that was still the case, but wanted to double check. I'm thinking I'll probably see what my sister's friends are doing, as if they aren't buying tickets until they get there buying it online won't save me any time and I'll need to visit the ticket booths during the day anyway.

Last time I did that, the ticket booth gave me a voucher to get in to the park but I had to turn in the voucher to get my pass processed. Unfortunately, that meant that when I tried to hop over to DCA I only had the blacked-out pass and had to wait for a manager to come and do an override. Because the pass wasn't technically used to enter the park, I couldn't use it to get fastpasses. They may have fixed this problem by now, since I did this back when the AP processing was in the Space Mountain on-ride photo shop, so probably 2004 or so.

^Its nothing like that now. You buy a pass at the ticket booth, then print it out there. Then you go up to any Photopass cast member and they will take you photo for the pass and it shows in the system shortly after that. There is no longer a pass processing center or voucher system since pictures don't show on the pass now. Its super streamlined and efficient!

Here is some interesting rumorish news.

I'm not an annual passholder, but appaerntly Disney is sending out one of their online surveys right now and one of the questions asked is:

So Looks like they might be thinking about making a dedicated Star Wars land at DLR.

Here is the article where I found this out:

http://gizmodo.com/5991901/is-disneyland-getting-a-star-wars-land