TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

So the Tiki Room is turning 50, and Disney wants your money bitches!

Disney Parks Blog

Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Anniversary Event at the Disneyland Resort

posted on February 28th, 2013 by Michelle Harker, Merchandise Marketing & Communications Project Manager, Disneyland Resort

Great news, Disney and Tiki fans! The merchandise events team just finished giving me the scoop on the Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Anniversary Event scheduled for June 28-29, 2013. Plus we have a sneak peek of a few of the items that will be offered and some key dates you won’t want to miss. Here’s your official bird’s-eye view of what you can expect … at least everything I am able to reveal right now (hint, hint!).

eta110100SMALL.jpg.2bd66d25cf771ac2e4d9987390ca7b4f.jpg

Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Anniversary Event

June 28-29

Disneyland Hotel – Exhibit Hall

JOSE Package – $85

Registered event guests will have the opportunity to purchase Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Anniversary Event-themed merchandise via the Random Selection Process.

June 28, 2013 (5-9 p.m.)

Early Registration

Event Store & Random Selection Process Merchandise Pick-up

Trading Area

June 29, 2013 (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)

Event Store & Random Selection Process Merchandise Pick-up

Artist Signings

Silent Auction

Trading Area and Activities

Commemorative Gifts

“Early Birdies” Special Offer: Don’t miss out! Register early and receive a limited edition “Early Birdies” pin.

Special Experience Add-On:

Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Anniversary – SHAG Cocktail Reception – $185

Tip: In order to register for the SHAG Cocktail Reception, Guests must also be registered for Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Anniversary Event ‘JOSE’ Package.

June 29, 2013 (7–10 p.m.)

Cocktail Reception

Light Hors d’oeuvres

Meet and Greet with SHAG

Commemorative Photo

Commemorative Gifts

Here’s a sneak peek at the limited edition “Early Birdies” gift pin and other merchandise available for registered event guests to purchase:

- See more at: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/02/walt-disneys-enchanted-tiki-room-50th-anniversary-event-at-the-disneyland-resort/#sthash.SFiHTUKn.dpuf

eta888111.jpg.b1fde1daca7a8f78f047dd17ba9ca608.jpg

eta777000.jpg.81b3dab9a3ebbc3d98f8ab120e7082c1.jpg

eta555010.jpg.3288b468da63c5267b0c8e586734176a.jpg

eta666010.jpg.83c0e44e87a95b6dee6cf62a22f08a59.jpg

eta999333.jpg.7ea52181eca30cb093f161d83dc9c64f.jpg

eta444000.jpg.757dd7a0c3e8a7e1aa412678cca048f3.jpg

eta999111-528x1024.thumb.jpg.0307f30a2d11e04e1534e4b927b54c6e.jpg

eta999222-415x1024.thumb.jpg.3b46e4e147887d1be9344cd6033122a4.jpg

I'm honestly a little turned off by the Chip & Dale, Dole Whip, Tiki Room pin!?!?!? What do these three things have in common!?! I'm all for more Chip & Dale merchandise but I would prefer if it at least makes a little bit of sense.

Took another whirl on The Matterhorn and got a front row seat. I have to say that I found the ride much more enjoyable here. There is a 3 or 4 inch elevation difference between where your ass and your feet go, as opposed to a completely flat un-padded surface provided in rows 2, 3, 5, and 6. This made ALL the difference in the world for my comfort. I realize that different seats are good for different people but I wanted to report to y'all that the front of the train is much more comfortable if you have trouble wrapping your legs around the seat in front of you, like I do (for some reason!).

Coming out to DLR for the 1st time time 2000 (never been to DCA!)

Any suggestions for nearby and reasonable hotels? I am flying into LGB airport and am considering not getting a rental car since I am just doing Disneyland Resort and Knott's.

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

My dates are April 14-18

There's a Holiday Inn Express that's decent enough and it's within walking distance to the parks. Honestly, there's a ton of hotels right around there...I would search Expedia or Hotels.com and find one that suits your price and needs.

^And just so you know, LA Metro Bus 460 stops in front of the park on Harbor Blvd, underneath the monorail track. This bus will take you directly to Knotts Berry Farm on a 15-20 minute ride for $1.50. It drops off across the street from Knotts and is super convenient.

Seeing as Oz the Great and Powerful opened this weekend, I thought I'd re-post this from a while back:

http://Screamscape Link

2016/2017/2018 - New Land / Frontierland Expansion - Rumor - (10/15/12) According to Screamscape sources, the plan on Disney’s long-term radar to build an entire new land behind Frontierland, all revolves around the success or failure of the new OZ: The Great and Powerful film coming in 2013. I’ve got to admit, the theme kind of fits too, as guests would have to enter the world of OZ by first going through Frontierland. This could be a very interesting development as many people have long wished for an OZ theme park experience. So how will the new film perform? I’ve got to admit that film trailer looks pretty awesome… and having Sam Raimi behind the lens can only help make this an awesome adventure full of great eye candy.

I saw the movie and enjoyed it quite a bit for what it was.

I don't know about you guys, but I think the idea of having to enter into an Oz themed area THROUGH Frontierland is genius, and fits in with the story perfectly.

There have been a few attempts to create Oz in theme-park setting in the past (for example, at Universal in Osaka), but none have been entirely successful. I wouldn't mind seeing Disney take a crack at it (seems like a natural idea for them).

The current movie is entertaining, but pretty derivative (and not just of Oz), and it'll be interesting to see it it captures a large audience.

I find it HYSTERICAL than anyone would recommend "public transportation" anywhere in the USA, let alone California!

I have been 'car free by choice' for over 2 years in LA and it's fine. The routes can get you basically anywhere besides SFMM (SCV is like a dead zone for public transportation, possibly the reason you feel this way), and with Google Transit and NextBus I hardly ever find myself waiting anymore. What's wrong with suggesting a direct bus for $1.50 instead of paying $20-$25 each way for a cab?