TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

A stunned Machine Head announced the details and disgust regarding the situation and let fans know of the then-rescheduled show 70 miles away at The Glass House in Pomona.

Haha Pomona isn't 70 miles away from Disneyland. Article seems biased...

Thats EXACTLY what I thought when I read that...

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but apparently Muppets are being bumped for Prep + Landing over Christmas.

I'm not a Disney fanboy but I am a Muppets fanboy. Would be devastated if the Muppet theatre just ends up being a preview center for whatever film is coming soon. I know the movie isn't even that great but being the only Muppet attraction at DLR it's something I look forward to every visit.

It would be very nice if they just dumped the theater and put in a brand-new Muppets attraction. I say dump the theater, combine it with the abandoned Millionaire building, and dust off those plans for the Great Muppet Movie Ride. It would be a nice way to balance the crowds for the Iron Man E-Ticket.

For the third time in a row, the corporate powers behind Walt Disney Properties have once again pressured promoter Live Nation into canceling Machine Head's performance at a House of Blues venue on Disney property, this time the December 4th show in Orlando, FL.

While no one is willing to provide evidence that would prove unfavorable to Disney, sources close to events have suggested that Machine Head remains on a "banned list", and while Dethklok, All That Remains and Black Dahlia Murder will still be allowed to play, the corporate powers at Disney have refused to allow Machine Head to perform.

In 2007, Walt Disney Properties banned Machine Head from the House Of Blues venues in both Anaheim and Orlando, citing "violent imagery", "inflammatory lyrics" and most appallingly "undesirable fans" as the reason. The diversity-impaired corporation began pressuring the promoter with vague threats of liability and reduced job security before placing Machine Head under an internal "review process". Five days later, Walt Disney Properties would convey their alarming decision to the band, less than 48 hours before the first date of 2007's anti-war, anti-religion, anti-conservative-themed "The Blackening" album headline run at the House Of Blues in Anaheim, CA.

A stunned Machine Head announced the details and disgust regarding the situation and let fans know of the then-rescheduled show 70 miles away at The Glass House in Pomona. In retaliation for that public announcement, Disney cancelled the band's then-upcoming performance at the House Of Blues in Orlando, citing the same absurd reasons, though they would only publicly state that they had "changed musical formats" at the venue.

Machine Head wish to once again extend their gratitude to Live Nation and the House Of Blues for their poise and tolerance throughout these ridiculous developments, unbelievably transpiring here in these United States Of America in this year 2012.

As they are not on Disney property and therefore not subject to the corporation's alleged coercionary tactics, the current dates with Dethklok, All That Remains and The Black Dahlia Murder at the Dallas and Houston House Of Blues will go on as scheduled. Unfortunately, Machine Head’s Florida performance will not be rescheduled in an effort to avoid creating any conflict with the existing dates on the tour.

I guess I'm considered an undesirable fan. What makes this more disturbingly personal is bands like the Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, and Slayer, have all played on Disney properties and their lyrics/imagery are far more brutal than Machine Head. I wonder what they did to piss off the Mouse so bad...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=181873

GlassHouse is a better Venue anyways and it's not the 70 miles away the article said. I see this as a win.

^Disney's response really seems more like the band just pissed them off somehow. I mean, there are bands that have equal imagery and such that play there. As well, other entertainment venues at the Disney properties such as AMC show horror movies that have the worst imagery imaginable.

So they just pissed them off somehow and have to live with it, lol. And the Glass House is much better, haha.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/mad-t-party-gets-merrier-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

With the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort fast approaching, there’s a nip in the air at Disney California Adventure park as the Mad T Party prepares to add a pinch of splendiferous spirit to each evening’s celebratiousness. Those who venture down the Rabbit Hole will discover new delights – from fanciful garlands to elegant icicles to special edition silver tokens at the Mad Arcade – along with all-new songs and a bit of snowfall, just in time for T.

The fantabulous festivities are highlighted by new arrangements of popular holiday hits from the Mad T Party band, while over at the House of Cards, the Hottest Deck in Town delivers some brand new dance sets. There’s even more merry muchness, too, as the White Rabbit DJ checks his song list not once but twice to re-mix seasonal favorites.

So practice your Futterwacken and don your hippest of holiday hats when you come for T this holiday season. You’ll simply go mad for it!

Be sure to check the Entertainment Schedule at Disneyland.com for dates and times.

mad110813SMALL.jpg.c708452fd2d311f2d2904327bddcb423.jpg

It would be very nice if they just dumped the theater and put in a brand-new Muppets attraction. I say dump the theater, combine it with the abandoned Millionaire building, and dust off those plans for the Great Muppet Movie Ride. It would be a nice way to balance the crowds for the Iron Man E-Ticket.

That would be great! If Disney replaced the theater with a decent Muppet dark ride I'd be tempted to take a quick trip to LA just to see it...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/are-you-ready-to-glow-with-the-snow-at-disneyland-park/

One of my favorite parts of the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort is wrapping up a day in the park with the “Believe … In Holiday Magic” fireworks spectacular. And this year, the Creative Entertainment team has made that show even more special by incorporating the popular “Glow with the Show” Ears. Disneyland park guests will be able to become part of the performance, with visions of sugarplums literally dancing on their heads!

Just as they’ve done with “World of Color” and “Fantasmic!”, our designers and technicians have seamlessly integrated the magical, glowing Mickey Mouse ear hats into key moments of “Believe … In Holiday Magic.” From wildly changing patterns of red and green during the “Nutcracker Suite” to a bed of newly fallen snow leaving you dreaming of a “White Christmas,” the audience gets swept up in moments both up-tempo and serene.

And here’s a pro tip: If you’ve worn your “Glow with the Show” Ears a lot or just haven’t taken them to the park in a while, you may want to change the batteries (they take 3 AAAs). Fresh batteries will help your ears pick up the signal and glow along perfectly!

“Believe … In Holiday Magic” is scheduled to be presented nightly, November 12 – January 6.

bhf111219LARGE.jpg.7f1cf591716be729bb31387dbe66ff36.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/are-you-ready-to-glow-with-the-snow-at-disneyland-park/

One of my favorite parts of the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort is wrapping up a day in the park with the “Believe … In Holiday Magic” fireworks spectacular. And this year, the Creative Entertainment team has made that show even more special by incorporating the popular “Glow with the Show” Ears

^ I believe they are $24. It's a cool idea, but it's kind of underwhelming when there are only a few people in the crowd with them. In fact, last time I watched World of Color I was right behind the only person in the area with them and I found it to be really annoying. Another issue is you are buying something that you don't even get to enjoy. They are up on your head out of your view, and if no one else around has them then you just paid $24 bucks to entertain someone else.

By that logic, why do you purchase T-Shirts with anything on them? You cant see it, but everyone else can, and those coast about $24 to buy.

When there isnt enough people wearing them, its very underwhelming. But that's why the resort id holding so many special events for Annual Passholders, cause that's really the target audience right now.

I think they are a pretty cool idea. When I saw World Of Color the ears were fairly new so quite a few people had them. I found they didn't really ADD anything to the show.. they were just kinda cool to look at. I liked that all the castmembers in the area were wearing them which is cool.

By that logic, why do you purchase T-Shirts with anything on them? You cant see it, but everyone else can, and those coast about $24 to buy.

When there isnt enough people wearing them, its very underwhelming. But that's why the resort id holding so many special events for Annual Passholders, cause that's really the target audience right now.

Shirts aren't designed to provide entertainment. They are fashion. No one buys a pair of colorful light up ears because they think it would look good to wear around town, they buy them so they can "glow with the show" but like I said, you don't really get to see what's going on with them. The lady that I was behind at WOC kept taking them off so she could watch them during the show.

They are really cool when everyone has them, but nothing special when only a few do. I wish they would drop the price so more people would get them for the show, or have some really cheap version without the whole ugly colorful hat thing.

Is there a way to make the ears light up if you aren't at a show in the park?

If you turn them on, no matter where you are in the world, they will run through their 'random program. But once you get inside the parks, they start receive signals from the emitters and can dance along with music when told to.

Shirts aren't designed to provide entertainment. They are fashion. No one buys a pair of colorful light up ears because they think it would look good to wear around town, they buy them so they can "glow with the show" but like I said, you don't really get to see what's going on with them. The lady that I was behind at WOC kept taking them off so she could watch them during the show.

I know, and there is no argument that if you're the only person wearing them you cant see the ears. But that's the nature of them, its a hat and it sits on your head. Its unfortunate she was alone in wearing them, cause she could have looked at her friends if they had some. I'ts an issue, and everyone knows it. They are a really cool product but really only have an impact when more people are wearing them. So they are looking at ways to change that.

They are up on your head out of your view, and if no one else around has them then you just paid $24 bucks to entertain someone else.

People pay large amounts of money to wear something that only entertains someone else all the time.

So why not at Disney?

The ears are a cool concept. They sell a bunch of them. They're not perfect. I'd much rather talk about Disneyland's food.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/million-377705-project-city.html

The City Council on Tuesday night moved ahead with plans to develop a $319 million streetcar system that would link a planned, massive transportation hub near the Honda Center to the resort area around Disneyland.

The council voted 4-1 to spend up to $9.6 million on a contract with Hill International to proceed with environmental studies and project development. The city had already spent more than $6 million to study various concepts before deciding on the streetcar concept. All of the money is coming from federal and county transportation funds so far.

Mayor Tom Tait continued to vote against the project, reiterating concerns that not enough answers have been provided about how the project could affect traffic and whether enough funds would be available to pay for annual operating costs – estimated at $4.3 million a year.

Council members who approved the contract said that the money needs to be spent up front to find more detailed answers. An environmental-impact report, for instance, would provide a detailed traffic analysis.

But those council members also reiterated that they won't support a plan that would ever put city taxpayer money at risk.

The so-called Anaheim Rapid Connection project would run along a 3.2-mile track, with stops at the ARTIC transit hub, the Platinum Triangle, Disneyland, the GardenWalk mall on Katella Avenue and the Anaheim Convention Center.

"To get accurate answers, we need to take the next step," Councilwoman Kris Murray said.

City planners hope to have the streetcar system running by 2018.

^BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think its a terrible idea to spend this money on a system that only adds to the street traffic. I get the fact that its supposed to take people out of their cars and therefore cause less traffic, but with Disneyland in the middle of a city, and they way they are expanding the resort, its going to get a lot more crowded. Unless I see some sort of study or evidence showing that it will actually reduce traffic id vote against this. An elevated system, though costing more would at least not add to the traffic.