TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^Yep. Another example is the new Little Mermaid ride - the animatronics and detail are incredible but because they're largely a more advanced version of something we've have seen before, a lot of people were underwhelmed. (I'm not really a mermaid fan but I still liked it enough to ride it 3 times last time I went!)

The problem with Mermaid was that as soon as people heard the ride system, it was being judged against the quality of Haunted Mansion as opposed to the plussed up dark-ride that it really is. But I do love the ride too and usually ride it multiple times because it's the best ride at DCA that doesn't have a really long wait on a busy day.

^I would say the main complaint is that the ride is an extreme cliff notes version of the story. Everything else about Mermaid is exactly what I expected: A well done C ticket dark ride that is a people eater (which is what DCA needed to help round out its offerings).

^^ That's mostly the fault of overzealous Disney fans than Disney itself.

Yeah, it's funny...because all I'm hearing from the Little Mermaid previews at MK is how much the guests are coming away from the ride LOVING it... the exact same ride that the SoCal Disney fanboys hated and trashed all over the internet.

The difference I think here is that 99.99999% of the people riding it here are tourists who aren't jaded, complaining shitbags.

--Robb "Just my two cents on that matter!" Alvey

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/10/earl-of-sandwich-grand-opening-set-for-november-2-in-the-downtown-disney-district-at-the-disneyland-resort/

Earlier this year, I shared that we soon will welcome Earl of Sandwich to the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort. I know many of you will share my excitement that official Grand Opening Ceremony is set for November 2! We are thrilled since this is the only Earl of Sandwich location in California, and we have many guests eagerly anticipating this new location.

Construction is almost complete, and then comes the fun part – testing out all those delicious sandwiches. Known as the “World’s Greatest Hot Sandwich,” the Earl of Sandwich was created by a direct descendent of John Montague, the earl who invented the sandwich in 1792. Each day, the restaurant bakes fresh artisan bread and roasts meats using traditional family recipes. The restaurant will offer 14 different sandwiches, all priced at $6.99, including The Original 1792, pictured here, with roast beef, sharp cheddar cheese and creamy horseradish.

Stay tuned for more details about the restaurant and the grand opening, and be sure to stop by on your next visit!

eos102512LARGE.jpg.588904ac0711e59c12fd79fe800f7414.jpg

^I actually don't like it as much as most people do. To me it's a slightly above average quick serve sandwich place (similar to Which Wich, Jimmy John's, etc.). I just think it's a great fit for DTD and the resort as a whole. I'm still bitter since they took out Burger Invasion!!!!

I'm so glad they got an Earl of Sandwich for when I visit Disneyland. The only other place I ever ate at in DTD was the amazing pizza place. It will also be perfect to stop by right after the 1/2 Marathon!

I have not been super impressed with this place on my visits to WDW and Vegas but I am also glad there is another quick service option in DTD.

People that waited in those lines are crazy. There is a Which Wich in Fullerton with no lines or even better, Pieology. The best fast casual pizza ever.