TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I simply can not remember. Do anyone know if there is some sort of seating for Fantasmic? I will be there on The 12th and I noticed that there are two shows. I would assume that the second show would be less crowded. Is the fireworks show still the cool "tribute to the attractions" version?

^If you are able to stake a spot around the edge of the Rivers of America, you may be able to sit down, however most of Fantasmic viewing is standing room only. The fireworks show you're mentioning, called "Remember...Dreams Come True" is only showed during the off season weekends. Right now, they are showing their summer fireworks show called "Magical".

The only way to get actual seating is to do the premium viewing dessert package. It's really pricey though.

Premium Viewing

Reserve your prime seat and tempting dessert sampler with this delightful premium viewing option! Take in the show from an elevated section near the anchor by Café Orleans and the French Market. Call the reservation line at (714) 781-SHOW (7469) for ticket prices and to reserve your seat up to 30 days before the show. Ticket does not include regular park admission. Reserved seating is first come, first served, so get there early!

Link

They got rid of the ice cream parlor at DCA....?

Lucky for you there are now TWO places in DCA to get hand scooped Ice Cream! Clarabelle’s Ice Cream on Buena Vista St, and the new Ghirardelli Soda Fountain! I went to the Ghirardelli Store over the weekend and it was great!!!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/crashing-the-mad-t-party-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

Last week I took the video crew out for a sneak peek through the looking-glass at the new Mad T Party at Disney California Adventure park. I spoke with fellow Disney Parks Blog author Robin Trowbridge about the eclectic entertainment that will soon be offered nightly in Hollywood Land.

Come join the fun when Mad T Party officially opens June 15.

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and follow @Disneyland on Twitter for the latest on the expansion of Disney California Adventure park. While you’re on Twitter, join in the conversation by using the hashtags #CarsLand, #BuenaVistaStreet, #MadTParty and #JustGotHappier.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/sixty-six-readers-take-a-spin-at-the-disney-parks-blog-cars-land-meet-up/

1clm123234LARGE.jpg.fa96fbfe96cf11a5c9e8711f24506114.jpgYesterday, 66 Disney Parks Blog readers got to go “behind the wall” at our Cars Land Meet-Up! Before starting their cruise down Route 66, they paused with Imagineers Kathy Mangum and Kevin Rafferty, Sr., for a group photo. The photo is available for download right now on the Disney Parks Blog Facebook page!

2clm123234LARGE.jpg.0f0ce6497b03190c856d19804d8cf36e.jpg

From the overlook at Radiator Springs Racers, the group started their engines for tours hosted by Kathy and Kevin. The tours took them to Luigi’s Flying Tires, Ramone’s House of Body Art, Sarge’s Surplus Hut, Fillmore’s Taste-In and more.

3clm123234LARGE.jpg.0b7c5445109ac72d28d9bf3c279563c0.jpg

The group had the chance to go inside Flo’s V8 Cafe to check out this new dining location. They were treated to all the details from Kathy and Kevin, learning more about Flo’s delectable diner and the Motorama Girl herself.

4clm123234LARGE.jpg.f18d263eda55afd0f47488df4ac2720f.jpg

Finally, the tour ended with a special treat – a “dance” on Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree! With Mater calling the moves, fans spun and twisted to the music.

If you didn’t get to join us at the Disney Parks Blog Cars Land Meet-Up, check out Cars Land for yourself when it opens June 15 at Disney California Adventure park! And keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more meet-ups to come.

Ka-Chow!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/rounding-up-some-fun-at-big-thunder-ranch-jamboree-at-disneyland-park/

A few weeks back, we told you about the all-new Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree happening in Frontierland at Disneyland park. If you haven’t had a chance to check it out yet, here’s a look at some of the festivities.

Right now, Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree is open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, but starting June 18, you’ll be able to say “Howdy!” to your favorite characters here seven days a week all summer long. Adding to the fun, that famous fiddlin’ foursome Billy Hill and the Hillbillies will be performing at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree this summer, too, so y’all come on down!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/crowning-achievements-creating-castles-for-magical-kingdoms-at-disneyland-park/

I asked the talented team from Walt Disney Imagineering what in’spire’d the new exhibit for The Disney Gallery, opening June 30 at Disneyland park. Here’s what they had to share, and I couldn’t have said it better myself.

As evidenced in Walt Disney’s classic feature films, every great story begins with a call to adventure, an invitation to embark on a momentous journey that can take you away from an old world of familiarity and thrust you into a new world of excitement. For most Disney Parks, castles have taken on the role of trumpeting that call. Walt built Sleeping Beauty Castle, here in Disneyland park, to serve as an iconic source of inspiration, meant to enchant guests into continuing onward, beyond the lively, small-town comfort of Main Street, U.S.A., toward wondrous gateways leading to imaginative new frontiers. Every other Disney castle, from Florida to Hong Kong, successfully followed in their predecessor’s regal footsteps.

cac208946.jpg.db3773eaea8ff1e985324e86618368a6.jpg

Just as Walt encouraged audiences to wish upon a star, the crowning achievements of the Disney kingdoms have become towering symbols of a dream come true, compelling guests around the world to follow their own dreams, both inside and outside the parks. Now, The Disney Gallery lowers its drawbridges to this royal retrospective on the art of the Disney castles so you can discover the inspiration and charm that helped bring these fantastic icons to life.

This new exhibit, in all of its majestic grandeur, will also be home to an array of Disney-inspired artists, whose works certainly have the royal touch. Here’s your first look at some of these timeless pieces! Event Tip: Visit http://www.ArtofDisneyParks.com for a complete list of artists scheduled to appear on June 30, from 9-11 a.m.

cac546710LARGE.jpg.17d9af13e32e97a1022ea01eb24d5592.jpg

cac267875LARGE.thumb.jpg.7eab8f6ec3750c0ea08a24ec024685b4.jpg

cac908346LARGE.jpg.9bb11bef577a51784c107044e15e5e7b.jpg

Fit for a king and queen, this new exhibit is sure to dazzle you.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/first-look-ghirardelli-soda-fountain-chocolate-shop-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

dca123666LARGE.jpg.9c13a380e4b53cd870e4f92c8ad5f255.jpg

Last week, we told you about the unveiling of Carthay Circle Theatre and the fountain in Carthay Circle. And today, just around the corner, the new Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop has emerged in the Pacific Wharf area at Disney California Adventure park. In these photos by Paul Hiffmeyer, you can see the new location – but you’ll have to wait until the shop opens on June 7 to taste the delicious chocolates and sundaes that will be served here!

dca223000LARGE.jpg.290d25823a851f475aa4463f96644bfa.jpg

dca223889LARGE.jpg.1555eb03b491823c0d3b85a08fa29415.jpg

dca550099LARGE.jpg.138dea2f9ba9c0983f5d9f646f0c9728.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/cars-land-concept-team-gets-its-kicks-on-route-66-research-trip/

“Get your kicks on Route 66” is more than just a refrain to a popular song – it’s what we did when the concept team for Cars Land traveled this fabled road in 2008, during the early design stages of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park. We followed in the same footsteps that John Lasseter and the Pixar team took during the development of “Cars.” In fact, we were led by the same expert guide – Michael Wallis. You know him as the voice of Sheriff in the “Cars” movies, but he’s also a well-known writer, historian and author of Route 66: The Mother Road.

Our team grew to love and respect the people, the sights, the kitsch, the charm, the warmth and the heritage of Route 66. So much so that we’ve taken a couple of smaller trips since then just to stay in touch. In this video, you’ll see some of the people and places we came across while Emily O’Brien, Principal Interior Designer, Walt Disney Imagineering, and Greg Wilzbach, Art Director, Walt Disney Imagineering, give you a little more insight about the trip.

Soon, we’ll be able to share our version of Route 66 with the world when Cars Land opens June 15. We think it reflects the spirit and charm of the people and places of the real Route 66 that we found so inspiring, and we can’t wait to show it off!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/la-brea-bakery-cafe-and-express-cafe-now-open-in-the-downtown-disney-district-at-the-disneyland-resort/

Hi everyone! In my first Disney Parks Blog post in February 2012, I had the opportunity to share with you the pending remodel of La Brea Bakery Café and Express Café in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort; I am happy to tell you the location is now fully renovated and officially reopened on Friday, June 1!

lbb012921LARGE.jpg.536e09c179babd5fffd9b33b7a607c3e.jpg

The enhancements to the building have been significant and beautiful, such as expanding the Express Café, creating a stunning new exhibition bakery and adding a new kitchen. The addition of trees and shade to the outdoor Express Café has created an inviting patio setting for express dining. The full-service La Brea Bakery Café dining area has been enclosed with a beautiful awning for shade and heat lamps for warmth.

The La Brea Bakery Café offers a new menu with many classics such as the Grilled Smoked Ham and Gruyere Panini, Nancy’s Greek Salad, Caprese Mozzarella Sandwich and Seared Salmon. La Brea Bakery Café will also offer a new flatbread section with selections such as the Red Pepper Artichoke, Italian Sausage and Sunny Side Up Flatbreads.

Additionally the menu will feature several new fresh salads, such as the California Salad with sun dried tomatoes, apricots, candied walnuts and goat cheese as well as a new, exciting wine list with wines by the glass or by the bottle, sure to please any palate.

The La Brea Bakery Express Café, in its new location adjacent to the full-service café, is offering a larger selection of freshly made panini, sandwiches, salads, breakfasts and a large variety of pastries and sweets all made fresh daily at La Brea Bakery. Be sure to try the new deep-dish focaccia, meat or cheese lasagna, turkey chili or a variety of handmade panini and sandwiches. If you are interested in a freshly baked loaf of bread, La Brea Bakery now offers a variety of its artisan-style breads to enjoy at home.

I invite you to share a meal with us at La Brea Bakery Café and Express Café, the perfect al fresco dining spot in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/ten-days-to-cars-land-at-disney-california-adventure-park-submit-your-cars-land-questions-now/

clo031300LARGE.jpg.9d5a4134a19e48ed3f5b7d91b8e4697f.jpgThe countdown is on! In ten days, Disney California Adventure park guests will be racing through Ornament Valley and cruising down Route 66 when Cars Land opens. The photo above shows the sign that will welcome guests to Cars Land at the north end of Route 66. Ahead of them will lie Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree, Luigi’s Flying Tires, Flo’s V8 Cafe, Radiator Springs Racers and so much more!

We’ll have a live webcast of the Grand Opening of Cars Land right here on the Disney Parks Blog! And during the webcast, we’ll be answering your questions about Cars Land. So let us know in the comments – what do you want to know about Cars Land? We’ll do our best to have them answered as part of the show.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/new-art-roars-to-life-in-disney-california-adventure-park/

Here’s a look at some of the newest releases from Imagineers, artists and car culture enthusiasts making their mark at Disney California Adventure park on June 16. Up first and heading down the track is “Red Car Trolley” from Imagineer and Creative Director of Buena Vista Street, Ray Spencer. I had a minute to catch up with Ray, who admitted to me he was indeed a self-confessed train nut.

cla110100LARGE.jpg.72a54bc00e1d8265841be617fb17c6cd.jpg

“Having lived with this project for several years,” says Ray, “my goal was to combine the beauty and classic romance of the Red Car Trolley on Buena Vista Street with a nostalgic feel of yesteryear.“

Event Tip: Ray will join artist Noah, June 16 from 9-11 a.m., at Off the Page for a special signing.

Get ready, get set and go for this next group of artists who are no strangers to crossing the finish line. Crazy Al Evans, Max Grundy and Keith Weesner are set to drive these next set of collectible images into your home. These new classics feature Doc Hudson and Lightning McQueen, ready to Dirt Track Rumble, and Ramone, who has clearly shifted gears and set his speed to cruise.

Event Tip: Al, Keith and Max will be at Off the Page at Disney California Adventure park, June 16 from 2–4 p.m.

cla220120LARGE.thumb.jpg.f1939b0ea945fb38fe46abb7f9268253.jpg

cla330309LARGE.jpg.73899a367b794cfb28f178ac29ac56a5.jpg

cla440100LARGE.jpg.7cab9b21e7e78efe60842a7ee44855b6.jpg

I guess you could consider this last piece the finishing touch! Dennis O’Brien from O’Brien Truckers shared the following with me just the other day, giving us a glimpse from start to finish on how the Low n Slow car plaque was created. “The plaque is made of pure aluminum ingot material from a chemically engraved pattern. Each plaque is made using the time-honored sand-casting process, just like plaques made back in the 1950s,” said Dennis. “First we start by pressing sand against the pattern. Next, we pour molten aluminum into the sand model. Once it solidifies, the mold is broken apart, the casting is cut off and the piece is finished off in ‘Ramone’ purple.”

cla550120LARGE.jpg.6ef7530c8bc2131a93bbd72458cbc458.jpg

I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty sure I just completed my shopping for my dad for the rest of the year.

Will you be stopping by to see these new pieces June 16?

The Press Kit has been released. There are some really great photos in here of all the new offerings opening on the 15 and some great information. I am not posting the photos as there are A LOT of them, also there are photos from one of the scenes from inside the Radiator Spring Racers show building. And the photos are amazing!

Press Kit for Disney California Adventure

I suggest you take a look. And I do not feel the pics of the ride would ruin anything IMO.

WOOHOO! They are finally talking about this, it looks really cool!

Glow with the Show

Annual Passholder Glow with the Show Ears Screening

AP_WOC_EARS_primary.thumb.jpg.438d488fa39731f2610ef77c389bfa19.jpg

Annual Passholders, RSVP in advance for your chance to attend a private performance — after regular park closing — of World of Color.

At this special event, try out the brand new Glow with the Show Ears that interact with the World of Color performance. Complimentary ear hats will be included with the screening. Confirmed Passholders and each of their Guests must be valid Annual Passholders on the day of the event.

Event Location: Paradise Pier in Disney California Adventure Park

Event Time and Dates

Friday, June 28, 2012 at 11:45 p.m.

• For Southern California, Deluxe, Premium and Premier Annual Passholders

Saturday, June 29, 2012 at 11:45 p.m.

• For Deluxe, Premium and Premier Annual Passholders

Sunday, June 30, 2012 at 11:45 p.m.

• For Premium and Premier Annual Passholders

As the private screening will be after regular park hours, all attractions, shops and restaurants will be closed during this event.

RSVP Instructions

To register yourself and up to three (3) Annual Passholder Guests for this event:

• Visit any open ticket booth in the Disneyland Resort Main Entrance Esplanade. Registration must occur in person at a Disneyland Resort Main Entrance Ticket Booth.
  • Present your active Annual Passport and a valid, government-issued Photo I.D. as verification of your eligibility to register for the event.
  • Based on availability, select your desired event date.
  • Upon completion of your RSVP, the Cast Member will give you a voucher, required for admission to the event. Limit one (1) voucher per eligible Annual Passholder; multiple vouchers will not be honored.

Registration will close at 11:00 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, June 21, 2012, or as soon as event capacity is reached.

Space is limited and based on availability. Be sure to register now!

Annual Passholder must be at least 18 years old to RSVP for this event, but Passholder's Guests (limited to 3 additional Annual Passholders) may be younger.

Guests under 3 years of age do not count toward the total number of Guests, do not require an Annual Passport, and will not receive a Glow with the Show Ears hat at the special event.

Each eligible Annual Passholder is limited to one (1) registration voucher. Vouchers do not guarantee admission, and multiple vouchers will not be honored. Registrations may not be modified once they are made.

Registration must occur in person at a Disneyland Resort Main Entrance Ticket Booth. Registration will close at 11:00 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, June 21, 2012, or as soon as capacity for all event dates is reached.

Confirmed Passholders and each of their Guests must be valid Annual Passholders on the day of the event. Annual Passholders may not register for or attend this event on days that their Passport is blocked out. Blockout tickets and other non-Annual Passport media will not be accepted for admission to the event. Valid government issued Photo I.D. may be required at check in.

The event is subject to change or cancellation without notice.

These have been in the works for a while now and they are finally doing a large scale test!

(Jeff Johnson, you will hate it because I like it )

Edited by jedimaster1227

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/blue-sky-cellar-welcomes-the-radiator-springs-historical-societys-museum-of-the-history-of-radiator-springs/

rsm118935LARGE.jpg.252648532b40827c81f0aa6661c0e87b.jpg

On June 8, the Blue Sky Cellar at Disney California Adventure park will host a brand-new exhibit: The Radiator Springs Historical Society’s Museum of the History of Radiator Springs. This is your chance to learn all about the history of Radiator Springs as we get ready for the arrival of its famous residents in Cars Land on June 15!

According to Sally Carerra, president of the Radiator Springs Historical Society, “The items in this museum have been kindly donated by dear friends and neighbors, the residents of Radiator Springs.” So be sure to stop by Blue Sky Cellar for your Radiator Springs history lesson before you motor around the corner to Cars Land!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/travel-back-in-time-with-mater-time-travel-mater-to-premiere-june-15-at-disney-california-adventure-park-and-june-16-on-abc/

The movie “Cars” took us on an unforgettable road trip down Route 66 and dropped us off in Radiator Springs, the quaint little town that’s located on the famous Mother Road. But how did Radiator Springs come to be? Who rolled down an empty road and parked himself on that very spot, creating the place that would change Lightning McQueen forever? Mater knows. Check out this exclusive clip from “Time Travel Mater” and travel back in time with Mater to the beginning of Radiator Springs. Then tune into ABC for “Cars” on June 16 from 8-11 p.m./7-10 p.m. Central to see “Time Travel Mater” in its entirety. You’ll also be treated to a special tour of Cars Land by Larry the Cable Guy throughout the film. “Time Travel Mater” will debut here at the Disneyland Resort in Blue Sky Cellar at Disney California Adventure park beginning June 15. Enjoy!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/the-mad-t-party-has-built-an-amazing-house-of-cards/

Just inside the Rabbit Hole, and just beyond the main stage of the Mad T Party, a house has been built – a House of Cards, that is!

hoc111222LARGE.thumb.jpg.aad400e34f535af669adc0788bcaf076.jpg

With towering A-frame architecture, brilliant lighting, vibrant projections and a giant triangular LED video wall, this entire area of the party has been “stacked” with an array of amazing “opportuni-Ts” to delight the maddest of Hatters!

Situated below the impressive structure is our House of Cards stage, providing a performance space for two incredible entertainment acts. The first of these is the Mad Hatter’s personal dance crew … the one, the only, the Hottest Deck in Town!

hoc222333LARGE.thumb.jpg.044a737701e148bccbebff3cd3a6fe5c.jpg

This “suit” of sensationally hot dancers lays all their cards on the table and deals out moves that will have “everybody shufflin’!” Their names are Club, Diamond, Spade and Heart, and this four-of-a-kind loves to play for a Full House! We’re sure that you’ll love this winning hand!

In addition, slinking its way onto the House of Cards stage is a specialty act called “WHO R U?”

hoc333444LARGE.thumb.jpg.86a09d8393248634357980d123cc0a92.jpg

This transformational treat dances, twists, morphs, stretches, bends and jiggles … leaving us to wonder, “Where’s its head?” This unique performance is visually mesmerizing and surprisingly humorous. So if U R ready for something fun and entertaining, then “WHO R U?” is a must-see for U!

As if all that amazing entertainment’s not enough, the House of Cards becomes the hottest place to show off your dance moves while the White Rabbit DJ is spinning! And at the nearby House of Cards lounge, you’ll find an assortment of deliciously curious beverage concoctions perfect for quenching the cravings of even the thirstiest Bandersnatch!

T Time is quickly approaching! The table has been set, muchness has been prepared, and we have almost crossed every “T” in the party. It all officially begins June 15 at Disney California Adventure park. Are you ready for T?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/five-years-of-expansion-at-the-disneyland-resort/

The last five years have brought many magical changes and additions to the Disneyland Resort. As we continue to count down the days to the completion of this multi-year expansion, take a look back with us and discover all the new and re-imagined experiences that have made the Happiest Place on Earth even happier!

Click on the image below to see our Disneyland Resort expansion timeline, a clickable interactive resort map, behind-the-scenes features and more!

dca118956SMALL.jpg.79bbd178bf41e07e2f84964830681188.jpg

Toy Story Mania!, Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, Cars Land…what has been your favorite feature of the five-year Disneyland Resort expansion?

Edited by jedimaster1227

(Jeff Johnson, you will hate it because I like it )

Wrong again Boy Blunder!!

I can't hate it, because I would have to care about it enough to have an opinion, and I don't. So there!!

Some of the GP seem to enjoy WoC. But the fanboys will love it. So fine, cater to the masses. I don't care about it one way or the other.

Yeah, that looks awesome. A big improvement over Test Track; definitely more on par with Journey to the Center of the Earth. The dark ride portions look like some of Disney's best work. My only complaint might be that the cars look just a little sluggish through the turns (could just be that they're still breaking it in). The straightaways look great though, that one with the bunny hops especially. I'll definitely have to swing by once the crowds die down a bit.

Wow, just... wow

When I first saw the concept art I wasn't sure about it but man, that thing is just incredible.

I genuinely might have to convince the rents' to take us on a holiday to Cali now to ride that thing, it looks one of the best experiences I have ever seen, that dark ride portion is just phenomenal.

WWOHP the best themed immersive themepark section in the US? I don't think so.