TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Carsland is looking like a huge win for Disney. Wasn't too thrilled with the idea at first, but these shots show how well they can still execute an idea.

Just a quick question about DCA.. how quickly do Fastpasses for WOC go out? I want to run to RSR grab a fast pass for that go on a few rides and than make my 2nd fast pass of the day for WOC.. will they still be available for the first show or should I forget it and just show up early to watch the show?

IIRC, the fast pass for the WoC show does not count as your "ride" one.

Just a quick question about DCA.. how quickly do Fastpasses for WOC go out? I want to run to RSR grab a fast pass for that go on a few rides and than make my 2nd fast pass of the day for WOC.. will they still be available for the first show or should I forget it and just show up early to watch the show?

1st show books out in early afternoon........Around 1ish. I would get your WOC Fastpass 1st thing when the park opens and then continue your day. Worst case scenario would be to watch the show from the roped off area in front of Little Mermaid as there is no Fastpass required and still gives a decent view.

^And, yes the WOC Fastpass system is not connected to the Attraction system.

"Alternate viewing" in front of Little Mermaid will not be available if their queue is using it. That "alternate viewing" is Little Mermaid's extended queue which rarely gets used but with Cars Land opening and crowds coming in the masses, it may very well be used every day.

^ Thank you! It looks like I will grab my Fastpasses for Racers first than get WOC FP's. If they are out I will take your advice and watch it near Mermaid.

Not to be rude, but if you're visiting from far away, and really won't be able to see WoC for a while, you want to be in a viewing area. I've tried watching it from 'alternate areas' (by the bar, CA Screamin, the swings, the zephyr, etc.) and they don't do the show a justice.

You really need to get an early fastpass and get on the bridge (blue area) - that's the best way to see it so you get the overall picture.

And I've seen the show dozens of times, in all of the viewing areas.

Just my advice. Don't want to ruffle feathers.

EDIT: Couple of other tips - your WoC does NOT count as a ride allowance, and, one person in your party can go get all of the fastpasses, as long as the ticket/pass has gone through the CA ADV turnstile (so they know the person is in the park).

^All true. Blue is a good section especially the bridge. You are not able to choose what section you want to be in. Blue is first and Yellow second so get your WOC fastpass as early as possible.

I'm not quite sure which is more disturbing... the Brony stuff for Star Wars Weekends in the Hollywood Studios thread, or reading the Trader Sam's blog post with some words replaced via the TPR filter. I do not want to think of any goo from Davy Jones.

Apparently the "Spark Plugs" on Flo's V8 Cafe follow the Ignition sequence of a Ford Flathead V8.

Apparently it did in the movie as well. Had no idea. Pretty cool.

I wonder if my Dad would notice this? He's pretty handy with old Fords.

Apparently the "Spark Plugs" on Flo's V8 Cafe follow the Ignition sequence of a Ford Flathead V8.

Apparently it did in the movie as well. Had no idea. Pretty cool.

The firing of the spark plugs shown in the video would represent an accurate firing order for the left bank of cylinders, assuming the spark plug farthest from us (from the perspective of the video) is the furthest forward cylinder on that bank, which would be cylinder #5. You can trust me on this one, after all, I'm a mechanic.

Flathead_Distrbtr-wiring-1932-36.thumb.jpg.020b868724450bfd22727134701e2abb.jpg

Flathead_Distrbtr-wiring-1937-41.thumb.jpg.f212bd485eb0729f2dbadac2375fb86c.jpg

I was not there for the opening of the event, however I saw a video of the opening where they used the password. All that happens is the tweedels ask the crowd as a whole what the password is and everyone shouts it. Then it's never asked again as far as I saw. It's just for fun, it's not a real password.

Not bad, although,to be honest, I've always felt this was going to be better than ElecTRONica, mainly because the concept art seemed like it would be similar to a Glam Metal concert (and I'm really partial to Glam Metal). After browsing through countless pictures and watching many videos, I believe Mad-T-Party is indeed pretty decent, probably not as decent as I envisioned it would be, but nonetheless, I can gladly say: I really want to experience this for myself.

252866857_NotBad.thumb.jpg.c7fad6a821ceba6e819337d47732b825.jpg