TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

This is one of those times where I just do not miss the California Disney fanboys nor the California mentality. I now see that many of them are bitching about the changes to the hair, which they basically bitched about in the first place.

I just want to tell them "Shut up and deal with it."

Seriously, the hair was "fine" before, and if you're going to bitch about anything, how about bitching about the fact that you have an entire section of the park that even after $1.1 billion of improvements, is still dead and lacking any kind of real signature attraction.

--Robb "I just don't "get" the Disneyland fanboy mentality, and I'm certainly happy to not be around it anymore." Alvey

^Carsland will probably fill the "Major attraction Niche" for DCA for a while... If you're refering more towards the Paradise Pier area wouldn't Little Mermaid, Cali Screamin' or Midway Mania count?

I thought the hair looked a bit odd, but I can honestly say I didn't even realize it looked weird until after I rode it and saw pictures. The hair really didn't have that big of an impact on the ride experience...

^ No, I'm referring to the attitude of 99% of the annual passholders and locals that frequent the park. They just have this "I'm better than everyone else, and *OUR* park is better than anything else in the world" attitude. It's just awful, and I can't stand it. They seem to either overly bragging or complaining about everything. There is no inn between. And the stuff they complain about always seems to be petty and stupid, and nothing that they do to change, ever seems to make those people happy.

I dunno, it's hard to explain, and I don't think most California Disney fanboys can see what I'm talking about...but I'm sure most outsiders have seen it. It's honestly one of the main reason that made us not want to visit Disneyland very often when we lived in California. People always thought we didn't like the park, that's not entirely true, we just couldn't stand the majority of the people who we encountered there.

And just to be clear, I'm not saying the Walt Disney World fanboys are much better, as they are screwed up and annoying in their own ways also, there are just a LOT fewer of them as WDW doesn't cater to a local crowd!

Edited by robbalvey

So the big change was making Ariel's hair not look like soft serve ice cream? Yay?

Maybe they were hoping to get Dole Whip so sponsor the ride, but it didn't work out.

Personally, I think it doesn't make a difference what they do with Ariel's hair. I mean, does it really make or break the ride? As long as the entire ride experience is fun and enjoyable, it shouldn't matter.

Apparently, to some people, it mattered!

I like the new stuff they did. The annimation was really the thing that bugged me because it moved oddly, and they fixed it with the traditional animation.

The hair is what it is. Fine before, fine now.

They also went through added a lot of foliage to the ride. Mostly in the under the sea scene is where it is.

I'm happy they plused the ride so quickly after it opened, it's just an extra bonus!!

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

Yesterday, we took you inside the exclusive, private 1901 which will be located at Carthay Circle Theatre in Disney California Adventure park. Today, we’re showing you the inside of Carthay Circle Restaurant, which will be accessible to all park guests when it opens June 15.

The photos above show the inside of Carthay Circle Restaurant, still under construction but close to the way it will appear when it opens on June 15. The new premier dining location will take guests back in time to opening night of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” a historic night for Walt Disney and his studio. Re-creating the excitement of that night, Carthay Circle Restaurant will immerse guests in the post-screening atmosphere – as if they are celebrating alongside Walt and Lillian Disney, themselves.

Reservations will be available soon, so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for updates!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/inside-carthay-circle-restaurant-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

This is one of those times where I just do not miss the California Disney fanboys nor the California mentality. I now see that many of them are bitching about the changes to the hair, which they basically bitched about in the first place.

I just want to tell them "Shut up and deal with it."

Seriously, the hair was "fine" before, and if you're going to bitch about anything, how about bitching about the fact that you have an entire section of the park that even after $1.1 billion of improvements, is still dead and lacking any kind of real signature attraction.

--Robb "I just don't "get" the Disneyland fanboy mentality, and I'm certainly happy to not be around it anymore." Alvey

I ran into some of those fanboys myself recently. Found them complaining about how the faux power lines that are being installed as a touch of realism for the new Red Car Trolleys looked 'ugly'. I turned and said, "Yeah, but if they weren't there, you'd complain about how unrealistic that looked." They were real quiet and just slowly lowered their gaze because they knew I was right.

If TDS was built here, these people would complain about how Mt. Prometheus' eruptions lacked realism because they didn't come with an earthquake. It's really amazing.

I say they should live in a place where they have to look at SFMM on a daily basis. That'd teach 'em to not sweat the small stuff pretty quick.

People are now complaining that Tower of Terror should be removed because you can see it from Buena Vista Street.

You know, because Matterhorn can't be seen from Main Street. Space Mtn can't be seen from the Mark Twain/Splash Mountain.

Fanboys are funny.

lol! Cedar point should get rid of TTD, because you can see it in Frontierland......

People are now complaining that Tower of Terror should be removed because you can see it from Buena Vista Street.

You know, because Matterhorn can't be seen from Main Street. Space Mtn can't be seen from the Mark Twain/Splash Mountain.

Fanboys are funny.

Seriously?! They complain about that?! Good lord, they whine more than Sonic fanboys too!

They are just being idiots...

As well, its not people from this website... its people from a website that complains about everything Disney!

Seriously! On that other site you are referring to, someone commented on the Carthaway Circle Theater interior photos by saying that he "saw better lighting inside of a Walmart."

This Hairtroversy amuses me to no end. The stuff people will complain about at Disneyland amazes me. Sometimes I think the park would be better off if they discontinued their annual passes.

Speaking of Disneyland Passholders, this is still my favorite ever article about them.

dt

“Walt and his Imagineers wanted to control you — what you feel, what you see, what you think.” Exactly, I think — that’s what’s so evil about the place.

I'll admit, that line was pretty funny. The rest of it...not so much. I mean, wow.