TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^ I personally think the guard handled it very well. He wasn't excessive and for the most part had control until that final outburst right as backup was arriving.

I would argue that it was his excessive use of pepper spray that let it get worse. He obviously had to use it to calm the guy down (as whatever happened before the video started resulted in those initial swings), but after he gets the guy on the ground the first time that should have been enough. The dude gets back up and wasn't cooperating with the command to "get on the ground," but he was relatively calm to the point it would have been pretty easy for Anaheim PD/backup security to deal with him when they arrived had the guard just kept the dude distracted instead of spraying him again.

He also should have been clearing the area (along with the ToT CM's) instead of letting spectators stand around and make it a bigger scene.

Edited by Jew

The Disney Mobile Magic App that was Verizon only is now available for all iPhone users, and a few other non-important phones! Verizon customers do get some additional features, but the main features are available for all.

disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/08/disney-parks-mobile-magic-app-is-now-free//

Thanks for the heads up. I just downloaded to my AT&T iPhone so that I can be familiar with it for my next trip. It seems to be working, even though it still has Verizon in the name.

The moral of the story is...Alcohol plus Disney is bad.

No, idiots plus alcohol is bad.

The fact is, DCA has been serving alcohol for over 10 years. EPCOT for almost 30. DHS over 20.

The amount of incidents that occur at these parks is most likely negligable, and the fact that we live in a society where video's like this could be popping up all the time and don't says something about the way Disney operates.

This is the first time I've seen a drunk person at a Disney park make this kind of incident. Not saying it hasn't happened, but I haven't seen it in person or online.

Now to be fair, I have seen the "sloppy drunk" the "loud drunk" and the "look at me drunk" numerous times.

The fact is, you can buy alcohol pretty much anywhere these days. Museums, Theme Parks, Malls, Restaurants, Bowling Alley's ... you name it. It's not the "Disney" that brings out the asshole, it's the alcohol and this could have happened anywhere with this guy.

The moral of the story is...Alcohol plus Disney is bad.

Wrong in so, so many ways. Epcot ring a bell? It's amazing that one douche gets in a video by causing a scene and suddenly there's a jump on the "there shouldn't be booze at Disney parks" bandwagon. Let's not ruin it for the people that can enjoy an ice cold alcoholic beverage responsibly at a theme park.

This may be why the main park doesn't serve alcohol at all, unless you count club 33

The main park also doesn't serve sides of jelly. So the moral of the story must be...Jelly plus Disney is bad.

The main park also doesn't serve sides of jelly. So the moral of the story must be...Jelly plus Disney is bad.

I am okay with jello at neither parks. I was at Ariel's Grotto (don't ask why) and I remember an appetizer being jello with fruit inside. Jello should never be an option at a restaurant and what they served is a desert not appetizer in my opinion. Now I know that the food is catering for little girls... but that thought is where things got weird for me. See another option on the appetizer platter were carrots with an olive stuck on to the end of each, which resembled, well, you know... Not complaining just saying.

^I think they were talking about actually sides of jelly, say for a piece of toast.

On a similar note, does anyone think Disney will ever serve alcohol in Disneyland? On top of the whole "family environment thing," I'm sure with the status-quo, DCA gets a lot more business because there's definitely people that go in just to get some beer and go right back into Disneyland.

^I think they were talking about actually sides of jelly, say for a piece of toast.

On a similar note, does anyone think Disney will ever serve alcohol in Disneyland? On top of the whole "family environment thing," I'm sure with the status-quo, DCA gets a lot more business because there's definitely people that go in just to get some beer and go right back into Disneyland.

actauly there is ariel's gorroto bar on to of the family restraunt and also there is one in new orlean's square during mardi gras. and i think that the bordwalk restraunts have brew's to

actauly there is ariel's gorroto bar on to of the family restraunt and also there is one in new orlean's square during mardi gras. and i think that the bordwalk restraunts have brew's to

While we appreciate your eagerness to post here, we must ask that you take the time to follow our Terms of Service and write your comments using proper capitalization, spelling and punctuation. While some of your other posts have been a little better, the one quoted above is hard to properly decipher. If you have any questions, feel free to message me using the email or PM function.

I doubt we'll ever see alcoholic beverages in Disneyland (outside of Club 33, which requires membership), or in the Magic Kingdom in Florida.

There is indeed a stop in Downtown Disney near the Disneyland Hotel.

So I went to the last few hours of the 24 hour thing and holy crap it was busy! Space Mountain had a 140 minute wait at around 4:30 am when I was leaving, but it felt like half of the park was shut down by then as well.

^^ I was checking up on the twitter feeds and couldn't believe what was being reported. Even at 9-10 pm, the park was at capacity, and space was at 90 minutes.

I had a bad feeling about the whole thing when I realized that none of the passes were blocked. I've been on the 'busy' days where all four passes were allowed in, and swore I'd never do it again.

I guess it's cool to say you were there for 24 hours, or that you rode certain rides at 1-6 am (you'd never have any other chance to do this), but dealing with DLR's crowds? No.

Dude's! There are some place's that are not even at club 33 like the golden horse shoe and somewhere in the main street area. I know it that i saw beer outside the club 33

Not unless it was some of Lindsay Lohan's friends that were getting kicked out. And by the way, plurals don't require an apostrophe.

Edited by Mechanic

^^I also didn't think it would be worth it, I'm glad I didn't go. I felt good about my decision once my friend posted in the evening yesterday that they'd been sitting at Ball Rd. for 30 minutes without even moving... They did eventually get in though, but said today it wasn't worth it at all because of the crowds.

Yes its cool to be at disneyland for 24 hours, but when you can barley walk, or see anything, or when its takes 110mins to ride space and btmrr, its not fun, I couldn't. Enjoy myslef or absorb the stuff that makes me love disney so much. To many ruthless teenagers. I was washing my hands in the bathroom and a drunk teen came in, I guess he could not hold it long enough to wait for a stall, he decided to take a pee in the sink right next to me.

Yes its cool to be at disneyland for 24 hours, but when you can barley walk, or see anything, or when its takes 110mins to ride space and btmrr, its not fun, I couldn't. Enjoy myslef or absorb the stuff that makes me love disney so much. To many ruthless teenagers. I was washing my hands in the bathroom and a drunk teen came in, I guess he could not hold it long enough to wait for a stall, he decided to take a pee in the sink right next to me.

Yea, it was pretty crazy. When there was no restaurant or ODV without a 45+ minute wait to buy coffee, we knew it was time to call it a night. The craziest thing was the huge line to BUY tickets still at 2am. There's no way it was shorter than an hour and everyone who was leaving for the night was shocked that they were still selling tickets. Then once you bought tickets, the line to get in was almost all the way back to DCA.

When I went back around noon today, there were tons of tired looking people still in their "Pulled an All Nighter" shirts, which really makes me wonder how many people didn't even go home and maybe napped in the car for a couple hours.