TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I've updated the original Mad T Party post with new information including the expected set list for the live band, as well as a closer concept of what the complete band will look like when assembled.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1134219#p1134219

Yeah, I'd rather keep ElecTRONica going.

Overall, in terms of popularity and staying power, I think ElecTRONica > Mad T Party

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/signs-of-things-to-come-at-cars-land-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

“Here It Is!” and “You Want It? We Got It!” are just a few of the not-so-understated signs that are starting to appear at Cars Land. Specifically, these exuberant signs adorn Lizzie’s store, Radiator Springs Curios. This charming shop may be small but you sure won’t be able to miss it when you walk down our Route 66 this summer at Disney California Adventure park!

Signs are literally popping up all around Cars Land and there are a lot more that are still to come. We’re working fast and furious (as you will see when you watch the video below) to bring Cars Land to life. This sign for Ramone’s will eventually be topped with neon so what you see here is our sign painter working his magic.

Speaking of neon – there’s a lot more of that to come. Stay tuned for more details about that in a future Disney Parks Blog post!

http://ocresort.ocregister.com/2012/01/13/disney-parks-switch-fireworks-entertainment/106896/

Disneyland Resort’s two parks are changing their entertainment schedule, including the fireworks show, during the slower winter months. Some of the entertainment features are switching to a weekends-only schedule until the spring.

Here are some of the changes at Disneyland:

Fireworks: “Remember Dreams Come True” fireworks show returns Friday (today) after going on a break during the holiday season at Disneyland. The fireworks show will run weekends and holidays, including Monday for Martin Luther King Day. The “Remember” show was created in 2005 for Disneyland’s 50th anniversary celebration and usually appears during the off season. Read more about Disneyland fireworks.

Parade: Mickey’s Soundsational Parade will come back Friday (today) to Disneyland. The daily parade was on hiatus during the holiday season when A Christmas Fantasy Parade went on. The parade runs daily during weekdays and twice daily on weekends and holidays, including Monday. Mickey’s Soundsational Parade debuted last summer as part of the summer festivities.

Fantasmic!: The Fantasmic! show along Rivers of America is on a break until March 2 for maintenance. The last Disneyland showing was Sunday. Read more about Fantasmic!

Here are some changes at Disney California Adventure:

World of Color: The nighttime light-and-water show in Disney California Adventure will take two breaks for routine maintenance this month: Jan. 17-19 and Jan. 23 -26. It is believed that this is the first time that the show has been canceled for maintenance since it started in June 2010. World of Color usually appears at least once nightly.

ElecTRONica: The nighttime ElecTRONica feature will move to a weekend-only schedule starting Friday (today) in Disney California Adventure. The features will run Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, including Monday. ElecTRONica is a mix of performances and dance party based on the movie, “Tron: Legacy.” Starting this summer, ElecTRONica will be replaced by a new nighttime extravaganza, called Mad T Party based on Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland.” Disney has yet to announce when ElecTRONica will end and Mad T Party will start, said John McClintock, a Disneyland Resort spokesman.

Paradise Pier entertainment: Disney Channel Rocks, which ran on a stage on Paradise Bay, had its final show Jan. 1. The show was canceled after about a year as the park makes “adjustments” for the completion of the Disney California Adventure makeover. The Phineas and Ferb Rockin’ Rollin’ Dance Party, which began last year, continues to be performed nearby. The Phineas and Ferb show is off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

cls310319LARGE.jpg.3e7a0aa8f6a7867daff6f66816984737.jpg

cls831838LARGE.jpg.61094610baed6a11cf97d77eb060a8f3.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

I'm actually very glad that World of Color will undergoing maintainence. I've noticed from some Youtube videos that the fountain nozzles are becoming more and more misaligned, which makes the show look a bit sloppy. Whatever it takes to make the show run to its full potential.

I've updated the original Mad T Party post with new information including the expected set list for the live band, as well as a closer concept of what the complete band will look like when assembled.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1134219#p1134219

Yeah, I'd rather keep ElecTRONica going.

I don't know, the concept art of Mad T Party reminds me of the great days of Glam Metal. Really catches my attention, and I will most likely check it out when it comes around.

Just a quick note here because a lot of people were asking what they we going to do to the backside of Cadillac Range of Carsland in previous months. Passed by it today and they have put up what seems like a steel mesh on a couple of the sections so far. I didn't see just plain stucco as I recall, however what is there is painted brown so it blends. I have to say, it doesn't look bad at all. Anyway, other than that, lots of mini projects also taking place in the resort such as repaving of the bus drop off area and refreshments of new paint along planter fences just to name a few things.

I'll be running the Tinkerbelle 1/2 Marathon next weekend (the 29th), not sure if we'll be going behind DCA like we do for the regular Disneyland 1/2, but if we do I'll try to get some pictures.

Good luck on the inaugural Tink!

Did you order the commemorative necklace?

I'll be running the Tinkerbelle 1/2 Marathon next weekend (the 29th), not sure if we'll be going behind DCA like we do for the regular Disneyland 1/2, but if we do I'll try to get some pictures.

Good luck, and have fun! If you are able to snap a few or so pics, can't wait to see them. *fingers crossed that maybe you'll get lucky with that*. Good luck again!!!

An interesting change to a LONG standing Disney policy on facial hair.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/23/disney-will-allow-park-wo_0_n_1224824.html?1327358077

Disney Will Allow Park Workers To Have Beards

ORLANDO, Florida -- Workers at Disney's theme parks will be allowed to grow beards and goatees for the first time ever.

A Disney spokeswoman said Monday that the new policy will apply to workers in Florida and California starting next month.

Disney had prohibited all facial hair on its theme park workers since Disneyland opened in California in the mid-1950s. The company revised its policy in 2000 to allow mustaches, provided they were grown on vacation and not at work.

Starting Feb. 3, beards, mustaches and other facial growth will be allowed.

Disney periodically reassesses its grooming requirements. The Disney spokeswoman says officials decided now was a good time to revise the hair policy.

The policy change also allows workers in areas without visitor contact to have casual Fridays.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/more-fun-surprises-in-store-for-the-magic-the-memories-and-you-at-disney-parks/

One of the true delights of the recent holiday season at Disney Parks was a special segment during our evening projection show, “The Magic, The Memories and You!” The faces of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park and “it’s a small world” at Disneyland park were transformed into gingerbread masterpieces, brightly colored packages and palaces of ice.

Well if you enjoyed that, our Creative Entertainment team has another treat in store, just in time for Valentine’s Day! A new show segment is set to debut Feb. 1, inspired by some of the most romantic moments in Disney animation. Cinderella Castle and “it’s a small world” will be covered in red roses for one sequence and turned into a beautiful, star-filled sky for another. During part of the show, spectacular stained glass windows will grace the façades, depicting the stories of Cinderella, Snow White and Belle.

One of my favorite moments comes when the king and queen from “Tangled” appear on a balcony, lifting a single lantern to the sky for their missing daughter. It’s soon joined by hundreds of others, creating a magical sight sure to draw “oohs” and “ahhs” from the crowd. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it! Of course, the most heart-warming part of any segment of “The Magic, The Memories and You!” is the images of our guests, captured by Disney PhotoPass photographers during the day and incorporated into the show each night. 

The romance segment is planned to run as part of “The Magic, The Memories and You!” through mid-April but we’re not stopping there. Wait until you see “it’s a small world” as a sand castle in a segment we’re working on for summer. It’s chock full of detail… right up to the point where Goofy rides a wave across the façade, washing it all away to reveal… well, I don’t want to spoil all the surprises!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/exclusive-first-look-photo-realistic-image-of-radiator-springs-racers-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

Disney’s Yellow Shoes Creative Group recently created a photo-realistic composite of Radiator Springs Racers that you may see in the coming weeks in advertisements or other promotional material as we race toward making Cars Land a reality, but we wanted you to be the first to see it. The composite is a combination of images designed to give you a glimpse of what the attraction will look like when it opens this summer. All I can say is “Kachow!”

mmy931289LARGE.jpg.d54a7da7e8115852d7f638244dd8a30e.jpg

mmy210219LARGE.thumb.jpg.e94b7518a50e673b536a1e6780a975a9.jpg

mmy232330LARGE.thumb.jpg.874515e43fa4b3c9d08cb5879c0caded.jpg

mmy330313LARGE.thumb.jpg.a7c819fd80548a4df8d062ee641c74fa.jpg

mmy440499LARGE.thumb.jpg.872a1e90dad17e5a9c7d1c08c0e96c91.jpg

snd123234LARGE.jpg.65123b5dd1f35ae275b0424ad5419110.jpg

rsr123234LARGE.thumb.jpg.8116bb45b4dcc4b68ef7b85d8c6d6173.jpg

From the Disney Parks Blog:

Disney parks Blog

Behind the Scenes of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park – In Omaha with Larry the Cable Guy

posted on February 1st, 2012 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

When Cars Land opens this summer and you enter Radiator Springs, the first attraction you’ll see is Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree. This attraction is going to be a blast! You’ll hop onto a baby tractor where you’re then pulled around in a series of figure eights to some of Mater’s favorite songs.

I had the pleasure of flying to Omaha, Nebraska, to go behind the scenes for the Disney Parks Blog and shoot a voice-over session with Walt Disney Imagineers and Larry the Cable Guy. He was singing seven original songs for the new attraction. It was an entertaining two days! The famous comedian and voice of “Mater” is a very down-to-earth guy who made the long sessions a lot of fun. And if you’re wondering why we were all in Nebraska, that’s Larry the Cable Guy’s home turf. It’s still show business, but far away from the Hollywood hills. Enjoy!

(I cant embed this video)

Edited by jedimaster1227

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/la-brea-bakery-cafe-to-expand-at-downtown-disney-district-at-the-disneyland-resort/

Hi everyone! I’m Janet Knox, general manager of Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort. I have had many different roles during my 13 years at the Disneyland Resort, and having the opportunity to lead Downtown Disney District for the last two years has been my favorite. This position allows me to combine my experience in retail with my passion for discovering new and emerging trends. I’m excited to join the Disney Parks Blog team and share all of the great things in store for the Downtown Disney District.

If you’ve been to the Downtown Disney District lately, you’ve likely noticed the exciting changes underway. On January 3, La Brea Bakery Café began a significant refurbishment of its current location including expanding the restaurant’s footprint, creating a new exhibition bakery, adding a new kitchen in the express area, and placing an awning over the outdoor seating in the full-service dining section.

The remodel, as seen in this early concept artwork, also will allow La Brea Bakery Café to produce fresh baked items at the restaurant, which will include a selection of breads, pastries, sweets, flatbreads and foccacias.

The café will feature menu items inspired by La Brea Bakery’s founder, Nancy Silverton. From double-dipped French toast and fontina strata at breakfast to burgers, salads, panini and authentic Italian focaccias made fresh throughout the day, the focus will be on fresh, healthy and flavorful foods.

La Brea Bakery’s full-service restaurant remains open during the refurbishment through mid-March. The restaurant will reopen its doors with a fresh new look in April.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/new-disneyland-explorer-app-for-ipad-take-a-spin-around-the-happiest-app-on-earth/

The magical sights and sounds of Disneyland Resort can now be discovered with “Disneyland Explorer,” the official Disney Parks app for iPad, available as a free download from the App Store. When you can’t get to the theme parks, the hotels or the Downtown Disney District, you can tap the photo-realistic carousel of this app to reveal photos, video and special activities inspired by the classic attractions and entertainment at the resort.

More than 100 exciting experiences are shared with beautiful images, animation and interactive touch points. With a simple swipe of your fingers, you can explore Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, the themed suites at the Disneyland Hotel and much more. Watch for animation and fun surprises as you scroll through the adventures.

Here are some of the fun activities you can experience with “Disneyland Explorer:”

• Create your own musical water show in “World of Color”
  • Steer a Soarin’ hang glider over California while collecting and sharing personalized postcards
  • Bring the iconic dolls of “it’s a small world” to life and hear the classic song in five different languages
  • Snap photos of the elusive Yeti as he roams across the Matterhorn
  • Take part in a raging sea battle in Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Learn to draw your favorite Disney Characters at the Animation Academy

“Disneyland Explorer” is a free app, available for download exclusively from the App Store on iPad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-dR3F_L3c4

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/lego-store-at-downtown-disney-district-at-disneyland-resort-prepares-for-changes/

A brand-new and completely remodeled LEGO Store is coming this spring to the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort! The current store opened in 2001 and has held some of the largest and most amazing LEGO models found anywhere in world. Millions of guests have visited the store and created memories that will last the rest of their lives.

This month, the LEGO Store will move into a temporary location in the Downtown Disney District, while its permanent site gets a complete LEGO overhaul! Guests will enjoy a brand-new interactive outdoor play area, all-new play areas inside the store, and of course, new large-scale LEGO models located both inside and outside the re-imagined LEGO Store.

Check back for updates on the Disney Parks Blog for details on the LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Celebration this spring!

brea123234SMALL.jpg.3740bf9ee21b94608749267f8c74543f.jpg

2leg123234LARGE.jpg.adb32e7478d45295169660dce0e16f69.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/earl-of-sandwich-coming-to-downtown-disney-district-at-the-disneyland-resort-this-summer/

If you read my posts last week about the changes coming to La Brea Bakery Café and the LEGO Store, you know that there are new and exciting things coming to Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort, and today I am excited to announce that Earl of Sandwich is coming in early summer 2012!

The new restaurant, which continues to have historical ties to the inventor of the sandwich, the Sandwich family, will be located adjacent to AMC Theatres. Signature hot sandwiches will be available including The Original 1762, a sandwich of freshly roasted beef, sharp cheddar and creamy horseradish sauce all on freshly baked artisan bread. Soups, salads, wraps and desserts also are on the menu. Earl of Sandwich offers a vast array of hot and cold beverages including The Earl’s Grey Lemonade. Breakfast sandwiches and pastries will be available in the morning and a variety of catering options will be offered at this location.

This will be the only Earl of Sandwich in California and it is sure to be a favorite among our guests as it has been at the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Paris.

We are very excited to welcome Earl of Sandwich to Downtown Disney District and hope to see you all there this summer!

eos110983LARGE.jpg.2f0dedc6419e2cb23ad2e6c2969b755d.jpg

YES! Finally! We get an Earl of Sandwich in Anaheim!

Disney Parks Blog

Earl of Sandwich Coming to Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort This Summer

posted on February 7th, 2012 by Janet Knox, General Manager, Downtown Disney District, Disneyland Resort

If you read my posts last week about the changes coming to La Brea Bakery Café and the LEGO Store, you know that there are new and exciting things coming to Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort, and today I am excited to announce that Earl of Sandwich is coming in early summer 2012!

YUM!.jpg.a9d2108fb13cca8798f1c83391b0decf.jpg

The new restaurant, which continues to have historical ties to the inventor of the sandwich, the Sandwich family, will be located adjacent to AMC Theatres. Signature hot sandwiches will be available including The Original 1762, a sandwich of freshly roasted beef, sharp cheddar and creamy horseradish sauce all on freshly baked artisan bread. Soups, salads, wraps and desserts also are on the menu. Earl of Sandwich offers a vast array of hot and cold beverages including The Earl’s Grey Lemonade. Breakfast sandwiches and pastries will be available in the morning and a variety of catering options will be offered at this location.

This will be the only Earl of Sandwich in California and it is sure to be a favorite among our guests as it has been at the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Paris.

We are very excited to welcome Earl of Sandwich to Downtown Disney District and hope to see you all there this summer!

I am so excited!