TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/looking-down-the-street-in-disney-california-adventure-park/

My friend and fellow Disney Parks Blog author Erin Glover was the first to give you a glimpse at some of the locations that will line Buena Vista Street, when it opens this summer. While your excitement for these new stores is probably through the roof, get ready for what I like to call a virtual tour of what else you can expect to see when these charming shops officially open their doors.

First up is Oswald’s, which is bound to set your California adventure off on the right foot. All of your road-trip essentials, including autograph books, hats, bags and souvenirs like “Cars”-themed antenna toppers, key chains and travel mugs “fill up” the shelves of this gas station-themed store.

Just down the way and most reminiscent of a bygone time will be Los Feliz Five & Dime. This one-stop shop is where you will find just about anything you need for the entire family. Within its walls, you’ll find collections of t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, figurines, souvenirs and more inspired by railways and trolleys as well as character merchandise featuring Mickey Mouse and friends in retro mood styling. What does it look like? Well, where would the fun be if I gave it all away today? But I promise you won’t have to wait too long – in fact, you might even see something from me later this week.

As we continue, next door you’ll find Big Top Toys, which it has to be said, this circus-themed toy store is going to be an extravaganza! Offering a playful environment for kids and kids at heart, you will find shelves lined with innovative and interactive toys, games and plush inspired by many of our famous Disney Parks attractions and characters to get you “on with the show!”

Finally, you will find yourself paying tribute to the opulent art deco department stores of yesteryear, with Elias & Co. As you take a moment to step back in time, envision yourself standing in an idealized version of 1923 Los Angeles, as a young traveler named Walt Disney steps off a train, a fedora on his head, luggage at his feet, his best pal at his side, and a dream in his mind that one day would become a reality. As you continue through the store, be sure to take note of the retro-style attraction posters that will also appear on a wide variety of clothing, souvenirs and collectible items. Now, before you depart, I encourage you to embrace the spirit that Walt Disney showed during his early days as an eager young producer and complete your ensemble with a selection of men’s period fedoras and executive-style accessories.

I know, I’ve probably teased you too much but I promise sneak peeks of some of the amazing merchandise will be posted shortly. I hope you enjoyed our trip! It’s time to start making a list of all those things you want, because it will be here sooner than you know it.

ell593532SMALL.jpg.080d2bea8eed817bf4a965d8e2b55b37.jpg

If that is the land owned, etc. for Disney there, I'd think the Mall's days would be numbered- that's too good a plot of ground for something larger in scale (Hotels, etc.) for the third gate at DLR. If one takes into consideration all the land around it, the 'future parks' area is pretty large- and I'd think with the Downtown Disney district already there it would be silly to have a second 'district' without cannibalizing traffic to the other.

However, my mind is -drooling- over the potential use of all that land/space there- as it could mean the expansion of the Monorail further...

I just don't see that happening, its a great connector path for the resort and Disney has plenty of stores to fill that place up and have it be different then the other DTD. I don't think it will cannibalize anything. Hell, WDW has T-REX and Rain forest Cafe at their Downtown Disney. It would be the same as theirs, just chopped in half. Garden Walk could be the "Pleasure Island" part and the other be the family part. Also, the land behind garden walk has room for 3 - hotel towers (or one sprawling hotel), as well, the GW parking structure is designed for a hotel for the top of it as well. Plus the new park could have a hotel in it like the Mira Costa at TDS to help block out the real world. It just doesnt make sense to level it, to me anyways.

*EDIT* Unless they also buy the green land I outlined, then that's a different story. But if they only buy Gardenwalk, I think it will stay.

The main pint I am making is I want and Earl Of Sandwich, and they would put it at GW hahaha

They will really be loosing out in the long run if this property slips away.

BANNED!!!!!!

Seriously...come on Soupy!!!!!

LOL, I deserve it.... Haha. At least I know I made a mistake though!

I just don't see that happening, its a great connector path for the resort and Disney has plenty of stores to fill that place up and have it be different then the other DTD. I don't think it will cannibalize anything. Hell, WDW has T-REX and Rain forest Cafe at their Downtown Disney. It would be the same as theirs, just chopped in half. Garden Walk could be the "Pleasure Island" part and the other be the family part. Also, the land behind garden walk has room for 3 - hotel towers (or one sprawling hotel), as well, the GW parking structure is designed for a hotel for the top of it as well. Plus the new park could have a hotel in it like the Mira Costa at TDS to help block out the real world. It just doesnt make sense to level it, to me anyways.

*EDIT* Unless they also buy the green land I outlined, then that's a different story. But if they only buy Gardenwalk, I think it will stay.

The main pint I am making is I want and Earl Of Sandwich, and they would put it at GW hahaha

They will really be loosing out in the long run if this property slips away.

BANNED!!!!!!

Seriously...come on Soupy!!!!!

LOL, I deserve it.... Haha. At least I know I made a mistake though!

Agreed... but if the rest of that land comes open, then it could be a whole different game- and possibly one that's a game-changer for the park. I'll be exploring Gardenwalk in February, so I'm curious to see just what potential it carries for the Disney organization itself- and if it makes sense to keep it in the long run

Now if they put a BREWPUB IN, then I'd be all for it... something with dark ales and lagers!

When I read this, I started to fear that the Jolly Holiday Bakery could be the start of something bigger... but that's nonsense... right?

http://http://screamscape.com/html/shanghai_disneyland.htm

Shanghai Disneyland however will very likely have a unique looking Main Street of it’s own, incorporating all the Disney Characters into the mix. I’ve been told to think of Shanghai’s Main Street as almost a ToonTown style concept, where each retail store front will be themed as if run by a specific character proprietor. (ie: Minnie’s Bowtique, Candy Cauldron, etc…)

I would be very surprised if Disney doesn’t at least purchase an option on the Garden Walk property. They own or potentially own every property on three sides of it — how does it make sense not to at least option it?

As for its use, I don’t see a third gate happening for Anaheim any time soon. The company just poured $1.2 billion into fixing DCA. If anything, they’re already building their “third gate” on top of the ruins of the second gate. If there is a true third gate in the works, I would bank on it being a half-day water park, like Typhoon Lagoon, long before it’s a traditional theme park.

That said, there is at least one option for the Garden Walk property that I haven’t seen touched on yet: How about a fourth hotel for the California property? They’ve recently fixed up the Disneyland Hotel, and the Grand Californian and Boardwalk always seem to do brisk business. Could there be a market for a Disney value resort hotel on that side of the street?

I didn’t think Garden Walk was all that the one time I visited; in fact, it was a ghost town. It would be nice to see someone do something useful with the property, whether it be Disney or someone else.

When I read this, I started to fear that the Jolly Holiday Bakery could be the start of something bigger... but that's nonsense... right?

http://http://screamscape.com/html/shanghai_disneyland.htm

Shanghai Disneyland however will very likely have a unique looking Main Street of it’s own, incorporating all the Disney Characters into the mix. I’ve been told to think of Shanghai’s Main Street as almost a ToonTown style concept, where each retail store front will be themed as if run by a specific character proprietor. (ie: Minnie’s Bowtique, Candy Cauldron, etc…)

Don't think of it as Toon Town, so much as Buena Vista St in California Adventure. The buildings should look normal (probably, I really haven't seen anything on it) but will be "run" by characters. That's how I take it.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/fall-into-the-rabbit-hole-at-mad-t-party-coming-to-disney-california-adventure-park/

ElecTRONica is still powering up the nights at Disney California Adventure park into the spring, and soon guests will be able to experience an all-new nighttime family celebration when Mad T Party starts to stir up fun in summer 2012!

This psychedelic soiree will be filled with surprises and new takes on some familiar characters from the world of Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland.” Join us for a party like no other as you fall into the rabbit hole and land in a wild and whimsical world where up is down, this is that and nothing is what it seems. A live band, unique entertainment, fun-filled games and plenty of dancing all await guests seeking an escape into a bright and vivid alternate reality.

Throughout the Mad T Party, we will “tip our hats” to the world of Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland” with wild and fabulous imagery and imagination. Familiar faces will be re-imagined in fresh, new ways, all combining to immerse guests in a captivating world that’s filled with exclusive signature foods, beverages and merchandise offerings.

So get ready to step through the rabbit hole and into Mad T Party at Disney California Adventure park, coming summer 2012!

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/themeparks/la-trb-mad-t-party-disney-california-adventure-01201211,0,270733.story

A nightly dance party created as a last-minute diversion to entertain idle hordes waiting for a wildly popular attraction at Disney California Adventure has turned into an ever-evolving mainstay that might just become an accidental institution.

The new Mad T Party scheduled to debut this summer at the Anaheim theme park replaces ElecTRONica, which replaced Glow Fest, which was designed to give visitors something to do back in the summer of 2010 while waiting hours upon hours to watch the instant hit "World of Color" water show.

ElecTRONica, which served as a movie tie-in for the "Tron: Legacy" sequel beginning in fall 2010, is expected to run through April.

Themed to Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" movie starring Johnny Depp, the Mad T Party promises to combine live music, dancing and cocktails into a psychedelic outdoor rave located in DCA's Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

A live band will perform on a vibrantly colored main stage that will replace the current ElecTRONica DJ booth, which transformed a once-moribund plaza in front of the Monsters Inc. dark ride into a teeming, pulsating, alcohol-infused, all-ages nightclub.

Band members will wear costumes evocative of "Alice in Wonderland" characters -- with a Mad Hatter singer, a Cheshire Cat drummer and a White Rabbit disc jockey.

The House of Cards lounge, replacing ElecTRONica's End of the Line Club, is expected to serve playing-card-themed cocktails amid a royal red and purple nightclub setting evocative of the foul-tempered Queen of Hearts. A small stage in the lounge will feature dancers wearing outfits festooned with hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades. A nearby catering truck will serve Wonderland-themed foods and non-alcoholic beverages.

An interactive video gaming area is expected to replace Flynn's Arcade, a central location in the "Tron" universe re-created in DCA's shuttered Hollywood & Dine restaurant.

http://www.disneyauditions.com/

Disney Parks Talent Casting is seeking Vocalists and Rock Instrumentalists to perform as a one-of-a-kind, five-piece band at The Mad T Party, a hip, trippy, psychedelic Mad nighttime party to be performed outdoors at Disney® California Adventure park. Guests are invited to “take a trip” down the rabbit hole as we tip our hats to Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland. Live music, unique entertainment, games and dancing all await guests seeking an escape into a fantastic world.

Song List:

I Gotta Feelin’ (Black Eyed Peas)

Sir Duke (Stevie Wonder)

Don’t Stop Believin’ (Journey)

Shout (The Isley Brothers)

Hot Hot Hot (Buster Poindexter)

We Will Rock You (Queen)

Please Don’t Stop The Music (Rhianna)

Locomotion (Little Eva)

Call Me (Blondie)

Get The Party Started (Pink)

Dancing Queen (ABBA)

American Woman (Lenny Kravitz)

mad956423LARGE.jpg.0f240ec5430df87c869229b3f5c769bb.jpg

244656600-11143026.jpg.4911379ac8e1205b0d31267cfe875be3.jpg

MTP_Band.jpg.29fad62f805b5b48108e85bcf8911258.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

About time they got rid of the Tron thing. They are even still showing the preview in MuppetVision 3D. Hasn't the movie been out on Blu Ray for almost a year now?

I don't know how long the movie has been on BluRay; however, I was at ElecTRONica the other night and the TRON Movie preview was packed. It was more full then I ever seem Muppet Vision, and that was the weekend after New Years Eve. I think the preview is still fairly popular and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see an Alice in Wonderland "Movie Attraction" take it's place for the Mad T Party.

The good folks a Disney DO realize that "T Party" is widely known in the gay world as an all night drug infused party, right?

Really? I had no clue about that. Though I don't go to drug parties...

The good folks a Disney DO realize that "T Party" is widely known in the gay world as an all night drug infused party, right?

"Tea" was a term used by jazz musicians and Beats for marijuana, too. What a shame that the Far Right has co-opted the term "Tea Bagger."

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/minnies-fly-girls-charter-airline-to-take-off-at-disney-california-adventure-park-on-february-17/

Beginning February 17, guests at Disney California Adventure park can take flight with Minnie Mouse in a tune-filled “travelogue” of song, dance and interactive moments in Condor Flats, beneath the control tower across from Soarin’ Over California. “Minnie’s Fly Girls Charter Airline” features the charter airline owner herself and her four-member crew singing and swinging to songs from the ‘40s, ‘50s and ‘60s. Guests will also have the opportunity to participate in the show and meet Minnie Mouse. So take wing with “Minnie’s Fly Girls Charter Airline,” beginning February 17!

mfg291299LARGE.thumb.jpg.2ac78e322f867178654871a7fb5c0b58.jpg