TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I have to disagree with all of the above posters.. This might be the best on ride pov ever taken.. Have you ever seen a pov that includes a penny trick and a ride valleying? (I haven't) ...Have you ever seen members of the general public act so smart and calm in a situation like this?.... The most important question though is , did they get permission to film this?...

Chris "tongue firmly planted in cheek as always" Connolly.

additional thoughts..

1. This pov needs less legs (too soon?)

2. Glad to see tpr was first to post an on ride video of california screaming's new program.

3. Pretty sure you can see Caesar Deharo somewhere in this video.

4. The newest method to score free fast passes.

5. A penny saved is a lesson learned.

6. This video made my day.

^ I agree. It's too bad though. The current system is super guest friendly. Whether you won a stuffed animal, have a purse, are a photographer, or need to bring items on the ride for any other reason - they let you. For 10+ years the policy worked flawlessly (as far as we know), and even when someone messed up really badly no one was injured. Seems like a pretty good system to me.

For 10+ years the policy worked flawlessly (as far as we know), and even when someone messed up really badly no one was injured.

Dude, longer than that! I brought of those old-school giant VHS-based cameras, You know, one that had a shoulder-bag recorder deck attached to it with a wire, on Big Thunder Mountain in 1987!

--Robb "Yes, I've been filming roller coasters for THAT long! Alvey

This is almost as awesome as when I got stuck on Tatsu. We were in the final breaks... still in "flying mode" and this guy tried to take out his cell phone but it fell from his pocket and it looked like it shattered. Yeah though... these people suck... kinda curious to see how Disney does a locker policy. They try to be guest friendly as possible... hence the free fastpass... which is a good system considering most if not all other chains make you pay for a line shortening system. I hope lockers will somehow be the same... and I agree with what others have said before that I find Universal's locker policy to be very fair and am hoping Disney implements a similar system since I'm 99.999% sure that Robb is correct about the current lose article policy changing.

No wonder the kid seemed so traumatized with the adults (I use the term loosely) around her panicking and generally acting like butts.

Still, the bag didn't do any damage to the guys in the video. Mores the pity.

Maybe a bag in the mouth would stop him screaming "HORSESHIT" like he was 12 or something.

Dude, longer than that! I brought of those old-school giant VHS-based cameras, You know, one that had a shoulder-bag recorder deck attached to it with a wire, on Big Thunder Mountain in 1987!

I was just referring to California Screamin' when I said 10+ years. But yeah, I suppose they've probably allowed loose articles on rides since 1955. (Note to Disney: So don't over react here... the current system works really, really well! As I said before, best in the business.)

One change I've noticed a lot lately that I can't stand is that on many rides they now say "no photography of any kind" rather than "no flash photography." It's probably because digital cameras now have bright screens that ruin the ride for everyone else, which probably wasn't an issue before digital. But it's annoying for photographers to not be able to take photos anymore. I always turn my screen off so that it doesn't impact the ride for others - I just wish they'd allow photos when that's the case.

Edited by ILoveRides

Those riders were so effing annoying that I almost wish this thing went down Final Destination 3 style (without riders falling out, slamming into support structure, or generally getting injured of course ). Whoever threw/let go of that backpack is an idiot and should be banned from the parks. As for the "penny trick", it's stupid and idiotic for the guy to do that since it COULD hit someone's face, but at least he wasn't doing a cell phone or brick trick. OUCH.

I think the best part is when that man sitting in the back pulls out his cell and tries to communicate what happened.

"They freaked the f*@king $h*t outta me cause we did the LOOP; and I felt that we barely made it... maybe cause we rode it in the back? We went up, and it stopped, and we went back" There is no hope for humanity.

Oh jeez...this was posted on YouTube a few minutes ago...

"For all u people sayin the coin mested up the ride. Tat did not do any ting. A back pack fell off. Becuz of tat the coster lost speed. It didn't make anuf speed to get around the loop. N ten so the coin dropped out of my hand. If the coster would have had anuf speed. The coin would have stood on my hand. So the coin did not cause nuthing to harm the coster. It was a back pack"

Is it too much to ask for proper spelling and grammar?

--Robb "Yes, I've been filming roller coasters for THAT long! Alvey

That footage ever gonna make it on a TPR dvd??