TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Halloweekends-Cedar Point-October 13

The only reason people don't like TTD is because it's overhyped and has a long line. The lauch is a blast and the height is stellar. S:TE gets less crap than TTD and it's about 50 times worse.

As for Magnum, if it were a good coaster it shouldn't matter where you sit to get a ride that doesn't hurt. And I wasn't in a wheel seat.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im new to this board, but just out of curiosity, what does everyone around here have against Cedar Point? It seems like there's a clique of "it's cool to bash Cedar Point"...which is fine...but some of you really seem to have a personal vendetta against the place.

Bad childhood memories?

Alot of coaster enthusiasts tend to feel Cedar Point is overrated because CP has just about the most devout fanbase of any park out there. Because of this, CP's rides tend to be praised alot, even if they suck/are mediocre.

Interesting. CP is definitely my "home park", and I go every year, but it does seem they have some type of monopoly on all the awards that come out year after year. Last time I was there I saw a banner in Mean Streak that read "top 10 woodie"...and I dont think I need to say anymore there.

In my own opinion, they have an incredible "collection" of coasters, but what really drags CP down is the atmosphere. There is absolutely ZERO architectual continuity to the place, and very little attention to atmosphere (i.e., landscaping and eye-appeal).

I love it, but here's proof someone who cares about CP can be objective.

Alot of coaster enthusiasts tend to feel Cedar Point is overrated because CP has just about the most devout fanbase of any park out there. Because of this, CP's rides tend to be praised alot, even if they suck/are mediocre.

Agreed. I think it is way over hyped. I actually enjoy King's Island and Six Flags Great America just as much, and they don't offer as many great rides.