TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a hard one-- 'worst' can mean a lot of different things. After giving it some thought, I came up with a few worsts.

Most painful- Vortex, King's Island. Extreme headbanging. And ugly.

Most overhyped- Mean Streak. You stand in line for hours to get a headache.

Just dumb/lame: Raging Wolf Bobs, Geauga Lake- I din't think this was fun at all. And it has a dumb name.

Mindbender, SFOG- Another one I thought was boring/didn't get.

• 2 weeks later...

For me the worst coaster is:

X:\no way out

You think it's great and when you read about the coaster, you think it's a great coaster... But it isn't.

Followed by "Psyclone" at SFMM and "Pepsi Max" at Blackpool Pleasurebeach.

Well, though I like Face/Off (Vekoma Invertigo) at PKI, I had with out a doubt my worst coaster ride on it. We got into our seats and restraints locked....then this water started dripping on me head...and that was annoying! So we went up the lift and the car was like....vibrating...and the restraint was rubbing on my shoulder....and it hurt! So we went throughout the ride and I was getting my shoulder rubbed and be ears banged, all while being dripped on. When I got off, my head was wet, my shoulder stung, and I had a ringing in my ears.

Second worst ride is DEFINATELY when I rode in the last car on the Beast. The left side of my body was...like....brutaly beaten. When I got off I really had trouble breathing. I am never going back there again. NEVER!

my least favorite coaster would have to be Kingda Ka it is the LAMEST ride EVER i waited for 3.5 hours and what do i get a 30 second, boring, painful coaster. You may be thinking how is it painful? The breaks at the end are Brutal to me.

You waited for the Tallest (456 Feet Tall) , Fastest (128 MPH) and the Biggest Drop Coaster ever....

And WHY are you complaining...? Id love to go and ride that damn thing. Most coasters tend to have a hard break run...its just a normal deal...

So...i dont see an arguement here!

I will agree with him on it being a terrible ride...but for a completely different reason. That ride is extremely rough and the OTSRs don't help that fact. The brake run, though, is one of the smoothest on any coaster.

I know I'm a little late to the party -- but my least favorite is Timber Wolf at Worlds of Fun in Kansas City.

http://www.rcdb.com/qs.htm?quicksearch=timberwolf

All the pain of Mean Streak with none of the fun. Even worse, very few trains, and poor line management.

Basically, you wait forever, and then it hurts. Before you know it, it's done. You ask "Why did I just wait an hour to do that?"

Then you walk to Mamba or Patriot and have a good time.

Difficult to point out one worst coaster. Some coasters where I think the builders and designers really should have done a better job:

X:/No Way out @ Thorpe: Terrible. No speed, no sharp turns, no drop, standing still due to the number of brakes, bad theming.... The idea behind it is good though: "Travelling backwards, twisting and turning and coming out completely desorientated in a maze". But the ride F@k!z up big time!

Temple of the nighthawk @ Phantasialand: Why couldn't I take my cup of coffee on this thing operators? We might just as well have a complete lunch in here. I didn't feel like I was on the back of a predator hunting down it's prey in the deep dark night.

Pepsi Max Big One @ Blackpool peasure beach: The location is wonderful and the structure impressive (nice skyline blackpool!), so is the view, the speed, the wind and the hight. And PMBO was the trendsetter for megacoasters in Europe. But what's a roller coaster without airtime or positive G's? And that first drop was painful.

Yeah, Temple of The nighthawk...I;ve never been on it, but I know it used to called Space Center.

I wonder why they changed it suddenly? I've seen little bits of Space Center on Youtube, and it seemed decent enough.

Flying Coaster at Six Flags Elitch Gardens.

Can I say that this ride is an anal rape simulator? If so, thats Zamperla Volares put in a few disturbing words.

Yeah, Temple of The nighthawk...I;ve never been on it, but I know it used to called Space Center.

I wonder why they changed it suddenly? I've seen little bits of Space Center on Youtube, and it seemed decent enough.

Well, it's now part of "Wuze Town" (just like the Winjas). The Nighthawk is one of their gods, I believe. They painted everything green and put some christmasdecoration at the loading station... and there is a laser from a bird at one lift hill. That's it. I think they didn't have any money anymore after the Black mamba!

Just like Janster: also a lame coaster.

I have three (four if you count clones) coaster that I won't ride anymore..

Outer Limits Flight of Fear (x2 @ both Kings parks) - brutal, especially with shoulder harnesses before they were removed.

Mulholland Madness (mostly because it's a very rough ride at a DISNEY park which is a bit of a conflict)

Kong at Six Flags in Vallejo, CA (go Vekoma clones!).

(Viper and the late Psyclone at SFMM get honorable mentions)

(Come to think of it, the late Stealth at Great America in CA, too, since it kept breaking down on the holding brake whilst the passengers (aka I and my wife) got to stare directly at the sun until it was fixed...)

(Tatsu had a pretty bad moment for us as well, when they were only running one platform, we got to stare straight down for a good 5 minutes at a puddle of blood on the concrete below us while waiting to be allowed into the unloading platform. It was pretty humorous at the time... must've been a nosebleed.)

Sorry... rambling... better go,,,

• 1 month later...

Kong at Six Flags in Vallejo, CA (go Vekoma clones!).

That coaster should be featured on those "don't shake your baby" billboards posted randomly around the freeways... it's the coaster that not only goes through inversions, but also lets the out of state guests feel what an Earthquake is like, all at the same time!

I'd pretty much say any ride at SFMW (or now shall i say Discovery Kingdom....."discover what bad rides are like")

I'd also say "Survivor the ride" at PGA is pretty bad.. the tagline of a "reality coaster" is bad enough, I mean seriously i'd sure hate to see what a "recorded in front of a live audience coaster" is like..

I apologize for any random babble this post has caused, it's 6 in the morning and someone pulled the fire alarm in our complex..i'm about ready to kill someone -_-

• 3 months later...

Even though the look and dramatic setting of Desperado are beautiful, the ride itself was one of the first to ever truly disappoint me. Maybe it was awesome ten years ago, but it was rough and rattly as hell this spring. I know Arrow hypers aren't known for aging well, but I got off wondering if I had seriously injured my neck.

While there are surely worse coasters out there, in terms of anticipation vs. experience, this was probably my worst.