TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

I would say the old Psyclone, but, since it's gone I'll go with a current pick...

Think it's gonna have to be the Roller Coaster at NYNY in Vegas. I have never wanted to get off a ride so much in my life. I gave it a second chance after the restraints were changed, but I don't think there's any saving that thing.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Space 2000 Atomic Coaster at Gyeongju World. My own personal name for it is Space 2000: The B---- Slap Coaster. I visited Gyeongju World nearly 130 times and I think I rode this coaster about six times total in nearly 130 visits. It is a horrible coaster that should be melted down without delay. Too bad they just gave it a paint job and renovated the thing. It didn't get any better after the renovation.

Space 2000 Atomic Coaster at Gyeongju World.

Not a bad choice! It did provide the total B*tch slap - twice - IIRC.

But yeah, bad ride.

That ride must be pretty bad if it stood out in Jeff Johnson's mind. The ride was also mentioned by Loefet on this thread, or the Roughest Coaster thread. Also talk of it being a bad ride was on Coaster Expedition 12. Could we have a winner for worst ride? For 3 people to have mentioned an obscure ride like this could make it rather possible IMO, especially when these guys have ridden a lot of rides, and Jeff Johnson was around to ride Flip Flap

Speaking of KD, while this is outdated, for me it's Outer Limits. The last time I rode it was when it had OTSRs. You'd think the girl actually crying outside the exit holding her head would have been a good indicator to skip it, but I went for it and immediately regretted it as I groped around for my bottle of Advil. I'm sure it's much better now, and I look forward to trying it someday with the lap bars.

As for a current worst coaster...well, SFStL's Ninja is pretty darned awful.

In terms of lack of thrills, this is the worst coaster I have been on. The level of drinking required after, to get over the shame of this new low in credit whoring, was quite significant. Minor Mike at Zuma's Knoxville, this was the first train out on our "ERT" session (the poor operator almost died of shock when we showed up).

In terms of hype to actual ride experience let-down "13" is number 1.

zuma.JPG.7a9fe9b90c0293f3e0ec08f7adcb49e0.JPG

Leading by example!

For me it has to be The Wildcat at LC. I am pretty sure that having kids is going to be difficult now thanks to that ride. The sad part is I rode it again in the front row to see if it would be a smoother ride. It was not.

A close second is Mean Streak. It is probably the biggest disappointment because it looks impressive, but is just painful overall.

One of my least favorites and biggest let-downs is Superman: the Escape at MM. I dont care what color they change it to or whether they run it backwards, forwards, sideways, etc. I don't care to wait in line for it again. The best part about it, the last few years ,is that there was no wait. Now with the cheesy modifications there will be a long line again, at least till people realize its still not that fun. The noise it produces is annoying as well. I know MM fanboys like it, so I hope its a little better for their sake.

It's probably because i'm short, but the head banging on this ride is ridiculous! The head rest has no padding or anything so I can't keep my head there to stop the banging! Does anyone know a good seat for this ride, because I keep hearing about this "magic seat".

laxvl_phototour27.jpg.43de525f4d96f373ee5c7a3a5ef2cf0e.jpg

Viper - SFMM

Express in parque warner - ive never felt ill after a coaster before but this literally rattled my brain! it is by far the roughest of rough coasters i've ever ridden.. and would never ride it again (i did say this on the first attempt and thought i was exagerating.. on 2nd attempt i realised i really wasn't!)

its baddddd

• 5 months later...

Vortex at Great America has endless headbanging, but if you know what to do, you can limit the headbanging tremendously. The Giant Dipper at Santa Cruz is really rough and painful if you don't sit in the front AND you can't pick your seat on Giant Dipper meaning you don't have a guaranteed front seat. So for me it's a tie between Vortex and Giant Dipper.