TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

Wood: Son of Beast with the loop and the bad trains. Three-day migraine after riding, ruined a big chunk of my trip.

Steel: Goudurix at Parc Asterix. Seriously, only a coaster a masochist could love. Slow, rough, horrible transitions, ear-boxing OTSRs, and odd headrests with two vertical strips of hard rubber in the center that make your skull want to fold in half when you hit them... and you hit them A LOT.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me there are two for vastly different reasons.

Lotte World in Soul, Korea had years ago an indoor coaster in the mall/park (Its a Mall...No its an amusement park!) that was beyond boring with one exception, there was a section that the coaster comes towards a mall walking platform before dipping under...well as far as exciting goes, not much...until the lap bar disengaged!

The Other is Primevil Whirl at Animal Kingdom, WDW Orlando. Its a Tiltawhirl...no its a Coaster...Wait, its both! Either way, gave me bruises and a headache.

I know many will probably disagree, but I'd have to rank Voyage as one of the worst coasters. With the exception of the first three hills, the ride was just very rough and not enjoyable at all. I'd even go so far as to say that it might be as rough or rougher than Predator. It was just a very unpleasant ride, and I'd say that it too would rank as one of my least favorite coasters. To be fair, it was hot as hell when I went, so that would explain some of the roughness, but even when it is running well, Voyage is supposed to still throw you around to my understanding. I'd love to ride it with the new trains, but until then, I think I'll pass. I don't know if I'd rank it below Predator, but it is certainly down there on my list. Although, Predator is now supposed to be running well/better now with Voyage's train...

T2 and Typhoon are still the worst steel coasters I've ridden, and I think it'll be hard for a coaster to be rougher than either of those where.

Though a LOT of people like it, I've never been a fan of Scream! at SFMM. Shaky, built over a parking lot, and a gimmicky floorless design that feels (to me at least) like a regular sit down in any row except the front.

Although Corkscrew @ Silverwood and Boomerang @ Knott's are in the running too.

I've always found Predator and Darien Lake to be horrible! Also, at the same park, Mind Eraser (SLC) is a close second.

Predator is awful...i rode it years ago and I can't remember where I sat, but it massacred by back something awful. I needed multiple chiropractor visits to fix it. Never riding that again. Sorry Darien Lake but it ain't worth it. SLC's are definitely brutal too. The Zamperla flyer at Canada's Wonderland Time Warp is quite painful too.

When Psyclone was around it was my least favorite roller coaster...but now I'll have to say...Screamin' Demon at Castle Park...its not rough, but it was the stupidest and most boring coaster I've ever been on...I enjoyed VORTEX more!

I LOVE Screamin Demon! It had the most spinning on any spinning coaster I've ever been on! ...even if it was a bit small.

The worst for me is still Hurricane at SCBB. Kong and Knott's Boomerang also suck pretty hard.

• 3 months later...

Trailblazer at Hershey is the most boring coaster that's not tiny. Has one nasty bump near the beginning to keep you from relaxing as a bonus.

I disagree with almost everything else listed here I've ridden. SLCs, like 'em & GNE is one of my favorites in the world. Manhattan, liked it and it got a full round of applause from the riders. Anaconda has hurt me (3 day concussion) so that does kind of suck but I'd still ride my choice of row before waiting 20 seconds for Trailblazer. Hurler is now pretty bad, I loved it before the trims.

I actually enjoyed SFOG's Ninja. The only parts I don't like are where the track banks sharply before the corkscrews in a desperate attempt to dump you out of the train.

SFStL's Ninja, on the other hand...