TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to second the Grizzly @ PGA vote for the worst coaster. Rough, boring, slow, creeps around that first turnaround. Never seen it get a roll back on that turn and actually have to use that anti-roll back device there, but I bet it happens.

On the Giant Dipper, it's pure heaven. And I like Hurricane lol.

HELLO have y'all forgotten about the most evil letter and number combination on the face of the planet! T2! Although Raging Wolf Bobs is pretty damn shitty too..... Even after they retrack that thing it will go from being the most unpleasant wooden coaster to the most boring wooden coaster. I never thought I'd say this but I'd prefer it if Geauga Lake put in a second Boomerang!

In the sheer boredom and overrated hype category my vote goes to Jaguar at KBF. I swear more money was wasted on the queue than the coaster itself. Track layout is boring and is devoid of any thrill, the trains remind me of something that would be on a kid coaster. What a stinker...

I have to half-heartedly defend Flashback, just because it was one of my first adult coasters back when it was Z-Force at SFOG. Can I just hope that that's because they jacked it up when they put it back together again at SFMM?

As far as the most painful, I was not a huge fan of Flight of Fear at PKD. It's probably not the coaster's fault, but those cars are too damn small! I'm just a hair over six feet, and I could barely get my legs in (I saw a taller guy have to give up trying to ride it). I don't know if the discomfort made the ride better or worse - making the turn back into the station, I thought sure we were coming in sideways. Very discombobulating (but that's a GOOD thing, right).

Oh, and flame me if necessary, but I have yet to encounter what I'd consider to be an "enjoyable" wooden coaster. I'm still looking, though.

In the sheer boredom and overrated hype category my vote goes to Jaguar at KBF. I swear more money was wasted on the queue than the coaster itself. Track layout is boring and is devoid of any thrill, the trains remind me of something that would be on a kid coaster. What a stinker...

Umm... It's a family coaster, what can you expect?

Anyways, Viper at SFGADv or Python at BGT.

I'd say:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig128.htm?picture=1

This ride is super painful. The OTSR is super tight, but then the lap is super tight too, so you can barely even breathe. Then you are going through super twisted nearly inverted turns, so you're nearly chopped in half. They so need to remove this ride and replace it with a small rocket or something.

--Davon "SFMM does need a new, better coaster" Dorsey

***First time poster...Hi Guys!

I don't think Gwazi is that bad, and for the same company, Wildcat at Hersehy is MUCH worse. The first time I went on it was severely painful. A few years later I decided to try it again, to see if somehow it would be better.....it wasn't.

I'd rather ride the old Comet at Hersheypark all day than go on Wildcat again.

I rode the high roller on the Stratosphere....also hate it. Creaking and roughness scared the crap outta me and there's not much "fun" about it.

Oh, and flame me if necessary, but I have yet to encounter what I'd consider to be an "enjoyable" wooden coaster. I'm still looking, though.

Don't worry. It will come. Unless you have already riden Thunderhead. In that case, you would be a lost cause.

100% correctness there.

I would also throw in there Indiana Beach and Holiday Worlds wooden coasters. All of them should be very smooth but very fun.

Its a masterpeice of GCI design IMO. I think only making it 30ft higher with more of the same track could make it any better. Simply an awesomely fun ride.

Frankly, I love Tennessee Tornado as well. Loads of airtime from the backseat.

I'll have to second the Grizzly @ PGA vote for the worst coaster. Rough, boring, slow, creeps around that first turnaround. Never seen it get a roll back on that turn and actually have to use that anti-roll back device there, but I bet it happens.

On the Giant Dipper, it's pure heaven. And I like Hurricane lol.

I have seen it stop on the antirolback on many ocassions

My worst roller coaster is probaly the Thunderhead at Dollywood. They made a big deal over it trying to make it seem so great but it's not. It only has a 90ft drop and there is like no air time on it. The station fly by feature was no big deal. I was disapointed when I rode it. The Tennessee Tornadoe is still better than the Thunderhead!

I hate the Thunderhead but still like Dollywood!