TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
My coaster count isn't huge, but Top Gun/ Flight Deck @ KI is yawn city for me. from the forst drop to the end. It replaced Cobra @ KI for snooze factor. While most woodies do some number on you, I haven't yet found one that I didn't enjoy.... and yes that includes SOB.

Just to clarify, FD didn't replace King Cobra. Cobra actually operated for quite some time after FD was originally built. Delirium was the ride that took over Cobra's spot.

Personally, I really like FD. The speed is fantastic, and the swinging is wonderful. The only thing I can possibly see wrong with it is its length - it is fairly short when compared to the other Arrow suspended coasters out there.

My worst coaster would be Mantis. Painful. Very painful. Especially for my man-parts.

lol

Some people say SLCs, Boomerangs, Volares and Sierra Tonante are the worst coasters they've been on...

I actually have been on all these tyopes of coasters:

-SLC(+) - Blue Tornado: usually hurts my ears a bit, sometimes not even that... I had one ride when it really hurt my head tho, and it hurt for like 2 hours...

-Boomerang - Boomerang (Wiener Prater) This ride was actually really fun! I rode it 3 times, and if the price wasn't 5€, I'd ride it even more! But this one's probably way better than the others, becouse of the new OTSR-less trains...

-Volare - Volare (prater): Again, a bit modified, not the classic model. I found this ride really enjoyable in the midle seats, it was a bit rough on the outer seats, but nothing really bad.

-Sierra Tonante: lol, this ride was really fun IMO! It is my first and only woody, so i can't really compare it to anything, but I really did like the overall experience! Loved the layout, especially the swooping spiral, that element was nuts! I once even got some air on the last bunnyhop in the last seat! I have no idea how this can be some people's least favourite coaster...

Now for a really bad coaster:

Super 8erbahn at Prater...

Man, oh man, that ride sucked!

It hurt like hell, and was boring. I never want to ride it again.

Plus, it's extremely ugly...

http://rcdb.com/ig1095.htm

Just to clarify, FD didn't replace King Cobra. Cobra actually operated for quite some time after FD was originally built. Delirium was the ride that took over Cobra's spot.

Personally, I really like FD. The speed is fantastic, and the swinging is wonderful. The only thing I can possibly see wrong with it is its length - it is fairly short when compared to the other Arrow suspended coasters out there.

No I realize that FD didn't replace the Cobra in space, but it did on my list. After te first couple of rides on the Cobra it was like.... OK...next. I just get no thrill from FD other than the wlildly swinging brake run.

• 3 months later...

Timberhawk: Ride of Prey at Wild Waves Enchanted Village near Seattle. For a ride that is 80 feet tall, and has a first drop like it does... IT'S HORRIBLE!!!! All of your momentum is killed after you go up the hill after the first drop and the rest of the ride is a crawl. It has no airtime. No disrespect to S&S but I think they should just stick to making Launched Coasters because Timberhawk is a waste of space in my opinion.

Flashback at SFMM is probably my least favorite, objectively. But, if you factor in all the effort, money, and hype that went into building it, Son of Beast was shockingly terrible straight out of the gate.

Out of the ones I have ridden thus far, the "winner" is Predator at Darien Lake, by a wide margin. Ever wonder what it feels like to ride a wooden coaster with potholes? Well then, this is the ride for you! This thing just irritates me, because the ride looks like it should be pretty great, but boy are looks deceiving in this case! What a pile of rough, rotten, wooden garbage.

Without a doubt My 2 worst coasters tied are

Ultimate at Lightwater Valley.....congratulations on being so damn long.....but it doesn't add anything to the ride, it is just long for longs sake.

Joint last has to be Magnus Collosus at Terra Mitica, Benidorm......Pain Pain Pain, I have never literally wanted to get off a coaster half way round every, I was almost crying in pain, I am never ever riding that again in the back seat!!!!!!! (I was the only one to get off the train in the station, everyone else went round again!)

Andrew

Corkscrew at my local park Playland. It's over 20 years old, it's overdue for track maintainence, its overdue for a paint job, it's nothing special really. It's just your standard "Corkscrew with bayerncurve" off the shelf model and I don't get why it's so popular around here with the Vancouver locals. Perhaps because it's like the ONLY looping coaster in vancouver?

• 5 months later...