TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hypersonic XLC that USED to be at King's Dominion. I rode it during Halloween Haunt last year and was literally crying when I got off. It hurt so bad. I got a soda at the store across from it and my mom slipped me a Tylenol. That one ride was why I only went through Alien Outpost at Haunt.

^Woe there....HXLC may have been painful. I completely agree that it is a ride that you wanted to get off of before it was over, mostly due to insanely horrible restraints.

But worst coaster ever is really stretching it......you've gotta give some props for the completely unbelievable launch. After riding Kingda Ka, and after hearing that Dodonpa's launch may be a bit "too intense," I actually think HXLC's launch COULD have been the best in the world.....hard to believe, because the ride did suck.

Still, I think a Vekoma Boomerang is just as painful and way less "pros" than HXLC did.

The worst steel coaster I have had the misfortune of riding was the Demon at California's Great America in Santa Clara, CA. As if the first drop and two loops weren't painful enough, the side-splitting LURCH into the first corkscrew is by far the worst pain I have ever experienced on a coaster thus far and is possibly worse than...

the worst wooden coaster of my riding history, which is the Georgia Cyclone at Six Flags Over Georgia.

My vote goes to Ninja at SFMM. I Tried to have a good time on it, I really did. It just didn't do anything for me.

WOW really, I though Ninja was one of the better coasters at SFMM. I loved it. Now it was a walk on and we rode in the front, so maybe that had something to do with it. I'm sure if you wait in the line for awhile, it might not be worth it.

For me worst wooden coaster: Pysclone at SFMM

And the worst steel coaster : Ninja at Six Flags St. Louis

--James

Um before I say this please nobody kill me, I've only been to two parks while I've been big enough to ride coasters but three parks total, Kings Dominion, Carowinds, and WDW (but wasn't tall enough to ride stuff). but I say the worst coaster besides NightHawk is Volcano: The Blast Coaster. I felt it just left too mush to be desired, yeah its great but its short and it waste all its speed. I hate the end of the ride they should have ended the ride better.

My worst coaster experience has to be Desperado in June 2002. We stopped on the way into Vegas from Palm Springs. It looks nice but my god it was the roughest coaster I've ever been on including Psyclone, Hurler, and Thunder Road. I thought my spine was going to snap it was so bad.

Dang, can I have a top 5 please?

The absolute worst would probably be a tie between Demon at CGA or what used to be the Borg at Carowinds. They both had neck popping power. I actually heard my neck pop on the Borg. I got off in so much pain.

The third would probably go to GA Cyclone at my home park. I try and ride it at the beginning of the season every year just to see if it has gotten any better and I am proved wrong every time. It is just the roughest wood I have ever ridden. You know that it is bad when there is no wait on a busy day! It needs to be burned down for sure. And yes Cyclone lovers, I have ridden it in every seat and no it does not get any better.

The 4th would go to the TOGO death machine Shockwave at KD. Damn that heix slammed my ribs into the restraint and popped my neck. Screw you you POS!

The last would be a tie between the Hurler at KD and the Grizzly at CGA. The Hurler was terribly rough. Slammed my ribs several times and I came away with bruises from that one. The Grizzly was just painfully slow and the most boring coaster EVER!

I agree with many of the other posters in saying that Vekoma SLCs are the absolute most painful make me wonder why I like roller coasters rides in the worlds. On top of that, I agree that Lethal Weapon The Ride at MovieWorld in Australia is the worst of the Vekoma SLCs that I have been on. I rode it twice and my ears felt like they were going to bleed. For some reason though the Aussies seemed to eat it up.

As for Cyclone at SFMM, it was painful, but for some reason I always had fun on it. I guess I just like a little punishment from my Woodies. I also enjoy Cyclone at SFNE although it is quite the rough coaster as well.

Desperado in Primm, Nevada has gotten very rough and painful over the past five or so years. It almost seems as if the wheels are square! It is such a shame as this was an incredible coaster in its day and had so much good airtime. Hopefully some day they will restore it.

But worst coaster ever is really stretching it......you've gotta give some props for the completely unbelievable launch. After riding Kingda Ka, and after hearing that Dodonpa's launch may be a bit "too intense," I actually think HXLC's launch COULD have been the best in the world.....hard to believe, because the ride did suck.

Still, I think a Vekoma Boomerang is just as painful and way less "pros" than HXLC did.

I didn't even feel XLC's launch, it did nothing for me. Volcano's set of launches across the park felt much more intense and effective, so I can't even give XLC credit for the launch.

I too think XLC is one of the worst coasters ever, up there with Dive to Atlantis, Beechbend's kiddie coaster, and maybe Racer forward at Kings Island.

XLC's transitions just killed me. If it had airtime maybe I would have liked it, but I didn't feel anything. The worst part of the ride itself was the car crash brakes at the end, which were loud and just sucked altogether. Add that to next to nothing capacity and no shade in line, and yeah, wasn't the greatest experience for me.

Dive to Atlantis (it's gone now, thank god) was insanely bad. It had no good qualities as a log flume, nor as a coaster. The water was gross and the flume part of it went about 5mph max, and the effects were bascially a garden hose pouring more gross water on you. After 6 minutes of that, you hit the coaster part, which is just a lift, a turn, a rough drop, a rough turn, and the drop into the splash down, which could have been good if you didn't get drenched with more gross water at the bottom. The ride has 4 cars total, so even if there are only like 10 people waiting for the ride, it's still a 20 minute wait. The cars also fill up with water, so you're sitting in it through the whole ride (though it's kind of cool how it shifts back and forth during the coaster part).

Beechbend's kiddie coaster was the closest I've ever gotten to thinking I'm going to be ejected from a ride, which is good because the drop only would have been about 6'. The lifthill is banked at like 45*, and the lift motors are basically shot so you go up at about 2mph. At the top you fall way into the side of the car and it seriously feels like you're going to fall out. The rest of the ride is ok, other than some turns that look like they were originally straight track and then just kinked so they'd make the turn. I could see Beechbend getting rid of this ride in favor of a Miller or a Tivoli or something in the future, which would be great for them.

Racer forwards is what I credit as the worst wood coaster I have been on. This ride really needs work (though most of the wood at Kings Island does). Every valley had pot holes. I wasn't even on a wheel seat and it still KILLED my back, which normally coasters don't do to me. I have a pretty high tolerance for roughness, but I would not ride this again unless it got serious work.

I don't quite understand all the hate for Boomerangs. I've never been hurt on one, nor any Vekoma. In fact I have felt more head banging on the outside seats of B&Ms than I ever did on a Vekoma. Maybe my height is "right" for them or something, but I've seriously never really had a bad ride on one (T2 was close, but every other one was fine) so I get kind of confused when I see all the hate for them. Same for Arrow rides.

^If you thought one forward Racer was bad, now try both forward! Man I hate Cedar Fair for that. For the worst coaster ever i would have to say either a SLC or Son Of Beast at KI. I liked it better when it had the loop. Atleast you had one smooth part to look forward to.

When I rode XLC it wasn't that bad...I mean besides the loud brakes, insanely hot que line, rough transitions, and poor capacity it was a good ride!

• 1 month later...

^YUP - totally forgot about that one. Ya know, the more I think about this - I'm going to change my mind and say "Mean Streak". At least the SLC and boomerangs are thrilling, though painfull. Mean Steak is beautiful to look at, but has never delivered a thrilling ride. I went to CP opening year for MS and it sucked then too. I think CP should get rid of MS and move the two GL coasters into the space.

I've only ridden about 20 coasters so don't take my word as fact because alot of people tend to like it but the worst coaster I've ridden was wildcat at hershey park. Was a bad coaster to start our trip off with last year and after riding it I was scared to try comet, thankfully wildcat seems to be the roughest wooden coaster I've been on. I seriously came off wildcat crying, I did not enjoy that ride. I'm tempted to try it again but it just wasn't fun.

The third would probably go to GA Cyclone at my home park. I try and ride it at the beginning of the season every year just to see if it has gotten any better and I am proved wrong every time. It is just the roughest wood I have ever ridden. You know that it is bad when there is no wait on a busy day! It needs to be burned down for sure. And yes Cyclone lovers, I have ridden it in every seat and no it does not get any better.

Georgia Cyclone...what a woodie! I rode back car, front bench. Yeah, it will throw you around! It will also.....EJECT you numerous times! I absolutely LOVED the ride! One ride was not enough...