TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

Ok yeah so it's my first post... So if I screw up completely have sympathy

Seriously though you have no idea what rough is. Try riding anything at Elitch Gardens after a few seasons. You haven't ridden a truly awful Vekoma Boomerang until you try theirs. I swear somehow the chain lift manages to jerk the entire train about 3 times: when you first pick up the chain, somewhere in the middle, and then as it releases. That is to say nothing about the also unspeakably bumpy track.

Oh and as thrilled as I was by the Intamin Halfpipe at the beginning of the season somehow it was already getting bumpy at the bottom of the curve by the end of the season.

Six Flags really knows how to take care of rides. Oh did I mention that they replaced the first curve of the Twister 2 last season and never painted it!!! Yet it is about the smoothest ride in the park...

Truly though I have never ridden anything quite as awful as the boomerang here. Especially sad is that I have ridden some of the same rides in other parks and comparably they are smooth as glass...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ It's so strange about Mantis. I remember in it's opening year it just seemed so awesome. And I don't if I remember it being so much better then because my coaster count was like 50 or because it REALLY was that much better.

But yeah, I avoid it most trips to CP too.

--Robb

I didnt get to ride opening year, but the trains probably didnt vibrate nearly as much and it IS a better ride the more intense it is. I however, love the hangtime in the loops when the trims are on, but the trains just suck.

Ride is smooth, trains blow. I have tried several riding styles all throughout the train and not one keeps me from coming off with sore ears. Its really sad, cause the layouts intense. Its just like the trains are peices of junk now.

I don't have a photo, alas, but I'm never going on Zonga! at SF Marine World again. The block brakes are very abrupt, the headrests are quite uncomfortable, and it REALLY throws you around. Dione still gripes about it.

I'm all for coasters, but not that one!!!

^ Ahh, good...nice to see another awesome ride to look forward to on our trip this year!

No no no no don't let that coaster put you off.

There is always Katun the best Inverted Coaster I have ever been on.

The first drop is just amazing. The Vekoma Junior Coaster was very smooth as is the Junior Coaster at Bobbejannland (How do they do that!) !.

Nick “If only Vekoma big coasters were the same as the Junior ones” Collins

I agree with Nick.

Even the Italian built Wild Mouse coaster was better than Sierra Tonante

This coaster is not much better Wild Wild West

^ Why Why Bother !

Id have to say that I thought Hurler at Carowinds was pretty bad (coming down the drop off of that wheel seat just slammed your back right into the train it hurt SO bad) or Cheetah, that was running pretty horrible on both visits I had been there just felt like it was falling apart all the way through...

But I'd say the coaster that tops it off the most is Raging Wolf Bobs....

http://rcdb.com/ig235.htm?picture=3

-Justin "who's brains are rattled loose from that piece of crap!"

Id have to say that I thought Hurler at Carowinds was pretty bad (coming down the drop off of that wheel seat just slammed your back right into the train it hurt SO bad) or Cheetah, that was running pretty horrible on both visits I had been there just felt like it was falling apart all the way through...

But I'd say the coaster that tops it off the most is Raging Wolf Bobs....

http://rcdb.com/ig235.htm?picture=3

-Justin "who's brains are rattled loose from that piece of crap!"

Not this year it wont be, Its going to get its total retracking.

http://www.martin-vleminckx.com/mv_en/work_in_progress.htm

I cant wait for Villain and Big D to get re-tracked. Big D is going to FLY which means MORE airtime. Weeee. That and Ill be able ti enjoy Villain a bit more because it wont be beating the living daylights out of me.

GhostRider needs a lot of work done. It really was a great smooth coaster. But for the last year or so Knotts has kinda igorned it. They did close it right before Haunt Started to do some "tapeing it up and sweeping it under the carpet" work on it. I would really like to see GhostRider be put back into shape.

I have to be honest the only wooden coasters I've been on that were wooden are GhostRider,Psyclone, and Colossus. ( I really need to get out of California and go see what the rest of the country has to offer) But even though Ghostrider is still a bit rough it's nowhere compared to Colossus and Psyclone.

Psychlone at 6FMM is one woeful woodie, High Roller at Stratosphere is lame but what a difference being 1000 foot up makes. Bush Beast at Australia's wonderland (now closed) was one piece of wood in need of a match and some gasoline.

Unfortunately Viper wasn't open when I was at Great Adventure to be in the running, I believe this Togo torture device is in breach of UN human rights regulations (I am taking people's word on this one) which must be why it is closing (is this confirmed?). I wouldn't be surprised if it was re- located to a secret govt base to beat confessions out of suspects.