TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it does have a little bit to do with the company it keeps. We have four other pretty solid B&M's, three of which (IMO) are awesome rides. GL just sucks so much compared to them. What can I say, we are spoiled. I don't have any issue with a rattle or anything like that I just get headbanging no matter what I do or where I sit (stand?), never have an issue with crotch pain like so many people complain about as I'm smart enough to adjust the sack when boarding.

But I'm still going with Apocalypse (SFA) for Worst Coaster Ever.

I think it does have a little bit to do with the company it keeps. We have four other pretty solid B&M's, three of which (IMO) are awesome rides. GL just sucks so much compared to them. What can I say, we are spoiled. I don't have any issue with a rattle or anything like that I just get headbanging no matter what I do or where I sit (stand?), never have an issue with crotch pain like so many people complain about as I'm smart enough to adjust the sack when boarding.

Just curious which one ofthe 4 other B&M's don't fall into the awesome category?? I'm going to guess Superman

Just curious which one ofthe 4 other B&M's don't fall into the awesome category?? I'm going to guess Superman

I have nothing against Superman (other than the slowass loading and its deteriorating paint job) but its really just a great inversion and then meh for the reminder of the ride. I'll certainly ride it when the place is dead or during HITP when the selections are slimmer than usual. SFOG's also kinda ruined ours a bit for me.

I have nothing against Superman (other than the slowass loading and its deteriorating paint job) but its really just a great inversion and then meh for the reminder of the ride. I'll certainly ride it when the place is dead or during HITP when the selections are slimmer than usual. SFOG's also kinda ruined ours a bit for me.

I'm totally the same way with Superman, it's a neat concept and the pretzel loop is fun, but flying coasters in general are one of the few types of ride that make me queasy, and being that's SFOG is my homepark the heat doesn't help most of the time either.

Speaking of SFOG,What is it that everyone likes about SFOGs so much?? The one at Gadv is the only one I haven't been on, but I actually liked the one at Great America better than ours in Georgia. Then again I think that had more to do with not spending 5 mins basking stomach down in southern heat which is my main issue with the SFOG version.

Ours is built on a parking lot. I mean, they put grass down, but that spot was parking lot. The way SFOG's is built into the hillside terrain makes a world of difference for the second half. On ours its a snoozefest after the pretzel, on yours I was thrilled all the way to the brakes.

I got stuck on our Superman on the brakerun for ten minutes once. Horrible.

I ended up on the break run of Superman staring straight down at a pile of vomit directly below me from a rider on the previous train. My god, I don' t think a train advancing has ever seemed to take as long as it did that time.

I ended up on the break run of Superman staring straight down at a pile of vomit directly below me from a rider on the previous train. My god, I don' t think a train advancing has ever seemed to take as long as it did that time.

Did the same on Air at Alton Towers.

Ours is built on a parking lot. I mean, they put grass down, but that spot was parking lot. The way SFOG's is built into the hillside terrain makes a world of difference for the second half. On ours its a snoozefest after the pretzel, on yours I was thrilled all the way to the brakes.

I've had that happen too, at Great America. It's the worst feeling being trapped face down like that.

I've had that happen too, at Great America. It's the worst feeling being trapped face down like that.

Do the SUF clones have dual stations? Tatsu does, but on slow days, they only open one side, meaning you have a good chance of being stuck face-down for a few minutes.

Do the SUF clones have dual stations? Tatsu does, but on slow days, they only open one side, meaning you have a good chance of being stuck face-down for a few minutes.

Ours (GreatAdv) does not. SFOGs does. Not sure about Great America.

• 5 weeks later...

Alright, I've changed my worst coaster ever on June 7th when I visited Canada's Wonderland and it's a tie with the horrors known as Time Warp and Flight Deck. I admit that I'm a soft critic who usually finds ways to like rides. So I never truly despised any coaster I've ridden; that is, until I've ridden these two horrible coasters. I absolutely loathed Time Warp and Flight Deck.

Time Warp - My first Zamperla Volare. If any of the other Volares are like this contraption, I definitely won't be looking forward to riding any of them. Now I would ride them since I'm a guy who likes credits, but that would be the only reason I'd even consider doing it. Not only was it incredibly awkward to position myself on the train, but the ride was very rough and the layout was quite boring. Definitely won't waste my time on this ride again.

Flight Deck - The most painful experience I've ever ridden, by far. This is really the only ride that I actually felt pain on. I had to hold my teeth to prevent them from jittering as my head was whacked side to side on every turn or inversion, especially on the ears. I got lucky with some past Vekoma rides, but this is the first one I've ridden that I'd call a headbanger.

• 10 months later...

It's between Predator at Darien, or Goliath at SFNE.

Predator - The first hill is killed with it just shaking you around, and honestly no matter where you sit, isn't safe from that. It's just a ride full of throwing you around, but it's not on the level of getting injuries or bruises, or major headaches.

Goliath - God, you can't ride this ride unless it's the first row. First time I rode this it was pretty fun, first row, just a little headbanging, but it's a Vekoma, I knew that was gonna happen. But, rode it in the second (or third? Honestly that adds to what happened after the ride is that I can't remember this ) row, and I was getting a headache mid-ride, like I was thinking, "this is gonna end the same way as my Mind Eraser breakdown.." It wasn't, it was worse (didn't cry though LOL), I had such a headache for the next 5-ish minutes, it just wasn't fun.

So now writing these out, picking Goliath as my worst.

I'm still amazed everyone has such a poor opinion of Goliath. I only rode once but it was in the back row and it was fine. I don't get all the hate.

I'm still going with Batwing. Ugh. *shivers*

I don't really think I've been on a coaster that I'd call bad... at least not in recent memory. I really like rough and intense rides, and a bit of headbanging has never been a problem for me. I don't know, gun to my head, I guess Viking Voyage at Wild Adventures, but I can't think of anything as bad as you people are saying (Like Time Warp, Hades, etc.)

Really? How could batwing be worse than Mind Eraser in the same park? For me personally, Batwing's actually one of my favorite rides at SFA, and I look forward to riding it every visit, however I respect your opinion.

Really? How could batwing be worse than Mind Eraser in the same park? For me personally, Batwing's actually one of my favorite rides at SFA, and I look forward to riding it every visit, however I respect your opinion.

Yep, Mind Eraser gave me a godawful ride last time I went. I dare say, worse than Green Lantern SFMM. I actually like the layout, but that train shook me badly.

(Batwing, on the other hand, loaded both stations and promptly broke down. Never made it on that day.)

I grew up going to Moreys so I have lots of experience riding SLC's. Mind Eraser @ SFA - in the back seat no less - was fine. I mean, it sucks but I didn't get much headbanging, probably because I know the course so well I can brace myself/ride into the transitions. I dunno, I don't hate SLCs. I don't really like em, but who does?

I haven't ridden too many terrible coasters. Batwing is the only Vekoma flyer I've ridden and I absolutely hated it. The insanely slow dispatches, the awkward loading, going up the lift on my back only to be flipped over 100 feet in the air. And those restraints. God awful. I'll take a B&M flyer - even getting stuck on the brake run in the hanging position - over a Vekoma flyer, any day.

When I rode Apocalypse (SFA) back in 2016 and Vortex (Carowinds) in 2017, I really disliked both coasters to the point that they were my bottom two coasters in the TPR poll. But I think that may be a skewed opinion since I believe I rode on the outside seats on both rides, and what I’ve found with B&M Stand-Ups is that there is a very large difference between the inside two and outside two seats. I LOVE Riddler’s Revenge on the inside seats particularly, but riding in an outside seat can be brutal sometimes. Hopefully I can try those two Stand-Ups again at some point, but at most it will go from me absolutely hating them to kind of being able to tolerate them.

Aside from those two coasters, I also really didn’t like Goliath at SFNE (even though I rode it at SFMM as Deja Vu and actually liked it, I guess those new trains just make it suck). Yes, I rode it in the front row and still didn’t find it any better.