TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

You know, I never really had a problem with the Steel Phantom, or with head-banging on looping coasters in general now that I think about it...Never had my head thrown around like that...I think y'all just have weak necks

My nomination goes to Disaster Transport at CP...awful rip-off of Space Mountain, and a ridiculously short one at that. They don't even bother to have working FX in there anymore.

disaster-transport1.jpg.37f3b29c005b74b3bdc90d43c8187f55.jpg

Ought to be used as a warehouse for coaster parts.

O_o are you guys serious?

Ive been on my shareof coasters and I ahve to admit some of your choices I find rather weird.

Viper at SFGADv? Sure it's intense(It ripped my fanny pack off after two laps) but it was alot of fun.

And that pinafari looper? We have one at my home park and it's totally cool. not saying its smooth, but it definately doesnt deserve the title of worse. well, not in my opinion, I accept your points of view, Im just saying that in my opinion they're weird choices.

Personally I'd have to go against the curve and say that one of these:

-Batman: The ride at SFMM the first time I rode it. I have an onride picture of myself from it grinding my teeth. I went on it again this year though and it was cool.

-Colossus at SFMM during freight fest, I was riding it backwards and you could totally feel it was never meant to be ridden this way.

-Wicked Twister at Cedar Point. Maybe it's because I rode in the middle, so I didnt feel the whole twiist, but it was a magor disappointment.

-the blue kiddy coaster at SFGADv. 'cus, honestly, it's like 2 meters tall.

Other rides that sucked, but aren't considered "worst" in my book:

Hypersonic XLC(That thing is f'ing rough)

Deja vu at SFMM(It hurt my head a LOT after waiting two hours to ride it, but in it's own defence it was still somewhat fun)

I don't know whats worse, the mild pain I've had from ridding Manhattan Express the three or four times I've done that and having to pay for $12 for it, or Flashback where beaten by those lovely OTSRs and hearing the entire train moan in agony on the final break run.

The Screaming Eagle at (the now defunct) Americana in Middletown, OH. Screaming is what you did-in PAIN

Are you crazy, this ride was awesome. Only got to go to this park once during Screech Fest (The ride is Screechin' Eagle, BTW, not Screaming), and the airtime is incredible. Any John Miller woodie should def. NOT be on a worst coaster list IMO.

-James

Manhattan Express was very bad (not to mention vegas expensive without being vegas good!) King Cobra at King's Island was actually a great ride, on which I didn't find rough at all (my younger brother and I once rode it 60+ times in a row with no pain). My vote, however goes to Son of Beast. Not only is it an unbelievably rough ride, but Paramount had to spend way too much money building it. i.e. when the structure blew over in high winds and when they had to retrack the the part after the first drop like for the first 2 years the ride was open... Think of all the great improvements to the park that money could have bought. That's why it gets my vote.

Sorry I gotta say it again- DL's Predator! For those not familair- imagine riding Mean Streak while getting hit by baseball bats while spikes are driving through your fingers- and then they drop you in a jar of picklejuice.

Actually Mean Streak isn't so bad- you just have to learn to ride it with your butt- which is by the way where my handle came from!

Sure, the Volares are bad, but I've had worse. Raging Wolf Bobs at GL has to be the worst. I know they retracked it so it must be better, but when I went on it only the first half was done. It was very decieving; the first half wasn't so bad, but then you hit the second half and it was airtime! Airtime in the sense that the ride is throwing you about so much you are never toching anything for long. It's like a vibrator of death. I don't think I have ever felt so much pain in my back. It ruined a few coasters that were further along on that trip.

Someone compared riding Raging Wolf Bobs before the retracking to riding a shopping cart over a washboard.

• 4 weeks later...

^ Personally I love Joker's Jinx, but if it sucks AFTER the first three inversions, how could it rate a "worst coaster ever?" By then you're already about halfway through it anyway...maybe by that standard it could be "worst second half of a coaster ever?"

Well imo. Ok well maybe its not the worst its just my 2nd worst. But I remember one roller coaster that I rode and wasnt pleased with. The Sky Princess at Dutch wonderland. Not only is it not tall, long, fast, or fun but the name is fruity. But then again its a kids roller coaster.

I'd have to say "Son Of Beast" but that is partly my own fault. I visited PKI when my allergies acted up and my head was feeling pretty taxed by just walking around. (Damned stuffed nasal cavities) so all the head-banging on SOB was intensified 100%- Had I just taken a few decongestants, I would have still found the ride fun, but still a headbanger in the worst degree. Even so, it was still worth 2 rides. Not more than that though. That is a ROUGH ride.

Dive to Atlantis, Mt. Olympus. Boring, slow, and badly paced. All of Mt.O's junk is stored in an obvious area around the ride. We actually had to stop at the beginning of the lift to drain the water.

Also, Pegasus, Mt. O. Boring, rough, slow. At first glance, it looks like there may be good airtime. Wrong. The lateral forces on some of the turns are almost too painful and there is a horrible, disgusting slam at the very end that nearly broke my glasses. Not even the kids like this one much.

• 3 weeks later...

I have not been on that many coasters, roughly 20, but I still find that Demon at Six Flags Great America is too slow, boring, and one of the rides that guarantee a headache. Iron Wolf is not really THAT bad, it's just not aging very well. I personally find it to be fun and only a little short. DEMON, on the other hand, is just taking up space. I made that mistake of riding it once with a limp neck and I couldn't believe how HARD it smashed me.

pain.thumb.jpg.ffcc4e7c9eab3acccd38b2878c921b79.jpg

Put a Huss Frisbee in here, end the pain!