TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

This is a toss up between a few rides, difficult to say which one for sure as two of these were ridden many years ago...and my head might have suffered some minor drain bamage which may explain the hazyness.

1. Manhattan Express

2. Windjammer

3. Green Lantern

The latter gave me a powerful shot between the legs, and was then slammed onto my shoulders upside down going into the station upside down. That I won't ever forget, having to sit down in pain for 30 minutes.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in 2014, I rode Vortex at Kings Island and thought it was the worst coaster in existence, but oddly enough, I really enjoy Viper at SFMM. I only rode Vortex once and will be riding it again this summer (and I've ridden Viper countless times), but that one time I rode Vortex, it was atrocious.

Hi!

I would like to share mine.

Grizzly at KD was the worse woodie for me.

Goliath SFNE- When this first came to our park I thought it was really great. It had the old trains which staggered each seat. The ride was smooth and enjoyable. Fast forward to the new train and it is awful. There is lots of head banging and the restraints are so tight it actually leaves marks on your legs in the back.

Green Lantern SFGADV - Awful !

I really enjoyed hearing people's opinions.

This is what a terrible coaster looks like, this right here...

Given Togo's track record, I don't doubt that Viper was a terrible coaster, but I never got a chance to experience its awfulness. I have however ridden Big Apple/Manhattan Express (another Togo trainwreck) and rank it as my least favorite coaster I've ridden of all time. For those that have ridden both, how much worse was SFGadv's Viper compared against Big Apple/Manhattan Express?

Edited by Steely Dan

Given Togo's track record, I don't doubt that Viper was a terrible coaster, but I never got a chance to experience its awfulness. I have however ridden Big Apple/Manhattan Express (another Togo trainwreck) and rank it as my least favorite coaster I've ridden of all time. For those that have ridden both, how much worse was SFGadv's Viper compare again Big Apple/Manhattan Express?

They were both real bad, but I felt that Viper was worse. Manhattan Express seems worse because first they rob you (with the price) then the ride rapes you.

I almost went with Viper! That thing was truly bad, but (at least in my younger days) I did get SOME enjoyment from it. It was at least intense and unique (yeah stretching ) I came off with pain and laughs, unlike Anaconda or Villain which left me with pain and bored, or pain and tears ha

But thinking about Viper...I can't even imagine what Manhattan Express is like. I've not ridden it but the thought of Viper 200 feet tall, much faster and longer? I can't imagine how any coaster could be worse

They were both real bad, but I felt that Viper was worse. Manhattan Express seems worse because first they rob you (with the price) then the ride rapes you.

first you're robbed, then you're raped.

perhaps the designers at Togo were just trying to recreate an authentic experience of visiting NYC in the '70s.

mission accomplished.

first you're robbed, then you're raped.

perhaps the designers at Togo were just trying to recreate an authentic experience of visiting NYC in the '70s.

mission accomplished.

And if you're very very lucky they'll do it in that order

Given Togo's track record, I don't doubt that Viper was a terrible coaster, but I never got a chance to experience its awfulness. I have however ridden Big Apple/Manhattan Express (another Togo trainwreck) and rank it as my least favorite coaster I've ridden of all time. For those that have ridden both, how much worse was SFGadv's Viper compare again Big Apple/Manhattan Express?

Wasn't Viper frequently not operating because they weren't able to get replacement parts from TOGO? And what of it's predecessor 'Ultra Twister' . . . was that a bad coaster as well?

• 2 weeks later...

For me it would be Twisted Typhoon @ Wild Adventures. It's the first and only SLC I've ridden. After waiting for it to open all day I finally got a ride and couldn't wait to get the hell off it. It may be partially due to lack of sleep the night before. I had the worst headache after...worse than Gwazi had ever produced.

Viking's Voyage at Wild Adventures is pretty bad.

I actually found it quite enjoyable...mind you that was 5 years ago...

This thing is no damn good.

[attachment=0]Green Lantern First Flight rollercoaster (7).jpg[/attachment]

Does it flip you more than an S&S 4D spinner?

I don't know, as I've never ridden an S&S 4D spinner. 2 out of my 3 rides on Green Lantern, I only flipped once. The third time, I flipped about 3-4 times, but it was a painful ride. It has awkward restraints that slam into your shoulders, stomach, and groin on each of the drops.

Supposedly, Intamin improved their design on the 2nd-gen ZacSpins (GL is a 1st-gen). I wonder if the park can fit GL with new cars?

...or just tear it down.

This awful thing should be launched into the sun.

I never got to ride it when it was at SFMM, but from what I've heard, the new Premier trains are what ruined the ride. Maybe the park will buy some new trains for it, like they did with Mind Eraser?

This thing is no damn good.

[attachment=0]Green Lantern First Flight rollercoaster (7).jpg[/attachment]

Does it flip you more than an S&S 4D spinner?

You flip a lot more on the S&S 4D imo. While I don't hate Green Lantern like most enthusiasts, I tend to only ride it once per visit because it can bang you up a bit

^ I really want to like Green Lantern since those drops where you change direction give some really weird and fun sensations. However, the final 1/3 of the ride is completely painful.

I've only gotten one truly bad ride on Goliath and that was in one of the middle rows. I've still had solid rides if I'm in the very front or in the back 2 rows. But it definitely isn't as smooth as it was with the original trains.

^I've technically ridden every operating GIB in the US, though I mean that in context of how I rode Deja Vu at SFMM, and Aftershock at Silverwood. I never experienced the Premier trains, but I do think that the one at SFMM was much better than the one at Silverwood. The one at SFMM actually seemed smoother to me. Either that, or it just felt smoother because the restraints had far more padding. This is still a bit strange, as I have heard that Silverwood takes much better care of that thing than any Six Flags park ever did. However, I do think that a coaster like that is much better suited for a park like Silverwood. It is a big ride for that park, and the capacity is fine for a park of that size. (The park was relatively crowded when I was there, and the wait for Aftershock was only 15 minutes).