TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

Flashback @ SFMM. Nice concept but poor execution. The hairpin drops were stomach churning, but it slammed your head around on the ascent back up to the next one. I still rode it five times that day. Call me a glutton for punishment.

I was just about to suggest this one. Psyclone, also at SFMM was maybe the worst woodie I've been on. Although I think I might have been 14 the last time I rode it I remember it as more painful than old Ghostrider.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still going with Apocalypse/Iron Wolf. Die die die.

Yeah . . . I'm not a fan of it (or stand-ups) in general. IF Apocalypse were converted to a floorless coaster, then I'd be more a fan of it.

And wasn't Psyclone damaged in the '94 Norhtridge Earthquake?

But I digress, my pick for worst coaster is Ragin Cajun at SFA . . . . I nearly fell asleep on it (The Dark Knight is how to make a Wild Mouse coaster interesting)

This thread is worse than any coaster, I'd pay to go to park with only you guys' rejects (especially if it brought Shockwave back from the dead).

But, I'll submit Superman Ultimate Flight. The only thing good about it is being short.

This thread is worse than any coaster, I'd pay to go to park with only you guys' rejects (especially if it brought Shockwave back from the dead).

But, I'll submit Superman Ultimate Flight. The only thing good about it is being short.

I was sort of with you but you can't really criticize the responses in the thread when your response is even more out of left field than most. I'm not sure what Superman Ultimate Flight you're talking about. Both are short (the B&M flyer and Premier launcher) but listing either as the "worst coaster ever" when they're both so smooth seems strange. Even if you're bored by them I'd rather be bored than in pain, so I'd much rather pick something like a Volare as my worst coaster than a smooth coaster that I find boring (though I don't consider either Superman coaster type boring). That's just me though...

Anyway, to each his own, but this thread isn't that bad. People are going to disagree and everyone is entitled to their opinion (well... unless they bitch about B&M or Millennium rattle, then they're pathetic).

I think you mean Pretzel Loop: The Ride.

I'm still going with a tie between Hurler and Shockwave at KD. Out of the 75 coasters I've been on, those are the only two that I felt were actively trying to kill and/or maim me.

My previous vote went to Vortex at CGA, I despise stand-up coasters and that one was the worst I had been on, by far.

Now that it's being converted and I've ridden another unequivocally bad coaster, my vote goes to T3. Even my boyfriend keeps bringing it up as the worst coaster he's ever ridden.

My previous vote went to Vortex at CGA, I despise stand-up coasters and that one was the worst I had been on, by far.

Now that it's being converted and I've ridden another unequivocally bad coaster, my vote goes to T3. Even my boyfriend keeps bringing it up as the worst coaster he's ever ridden.

I agree SOO much - Jesus, that coaster sucks.

Still Magic Mountain's Green Lantern after all these years. Tried so hard to like it but the phrase "No two rides are the same" is not lying when I have to torture myself in many different possible ways on this ride.

I can now second this, after first riding the two over in Scandinavia (Insane and Kirnu).

This Green Lantern - ACKACKACK! - Terrible ride.

Arrow makes some spectacular rides. Every suspended swinging coaster is spectacular (even Iron Dragon, the bastard child of the group), Tennessee Tornado is smoother than some B&M's, Loch Ness monster is great, Magnum is great, the mine trains are fun, Dragon Mountain is cool as hell, aside from a few bad loopers I don't mind them at all.

I'm loving the hate for every coaster named Green Lantern though. They're nothing alike of course but both completely terrible.

Arrow made some great rides but many will try to hurt you. I even got headbanging on the mine train at Hershey. I was out of it for 3 days after getting concussed by the middle row of Anaconda. Back rows of Loch Ness hurt my spine coming out of the loops.

I'll endure some pain for a thrilling ride. Make it thrilling enough, I might not even notice pain, make it boring and what else is there to notice? Of course I mean reasonable amounts of pain with that like SLCs and Togos, not something like hitting "the spot" on an old Arrow unprepared (or being falsely restraint-indicator stapled on El Toro).

I was sort of with you but you can't really criticize the responses in the thread when your response is even more out of left field than most. I'm not sure what Superman Ultimate Flight you're talking about. Both are short (the B&M flyer and Premier launcher) but listing either as the "worst coaster ever" when they're both so smooth seems strange. Even if you're bored by them I'd rather be bored than in pain, so I'd much rather pick something like a Volare as my worst coaster than a smooth coaster that I find boring (though I don't consider either Superman coaster type boring). That's just me though...

Anyway, to each his own, but this thread isn't that bad. People are going to disagree and everyone is entitled to their opinion (well... unless they bitch about B&M or Millennium rattle, then they're pathetic).

The so-called flying coaster at Great Adventure. I'm not sure why I consider it worse than Batwing, I guess I just expect more from B&M (like for them to actually ride their creations and realize flyers and their standups suck).

I don't think you'll find me disliking a normal roughness coaster. I dislike the ones that leave you licking your wounds and the boring ones. And any ones where not being able to see where you're going is a feature (Boomerangs are about my limit on that).

Arrow made some great rides but many will try to hurt you. I even got headbanging on the mine train at Hershey. I was out of it for 3 days after getting concussed by the middle row of Anaconda. Back rows of Loch Ness hurt my spine coming out of the loops.

Oh I don't deny that Arrow made some bad / rough rides. I was responding to the statement that "any ride " made by Arrow is a bad ride which is of course ridiculous. Aside from RMC I can't think of a company that hasn't made a few crappy rides.

The so-called flying coaster at Great Adventure. I'm not sure why I consider it worse than Batwing, I guess I just expect more from B&M (like for them to actually ride their creations and realize flyers and their standups suck).

Have you ridden Tatsu or Manta by any chance? If you haven't I'd suggest giving those a chance. Superman is growing on me but it took awhile, but those 2 are on an entirely different level.

^^-- Manta and Tatsu, no, would have mentioned either way. I guess B&M was persistent, still can't see them really being better than other coaster styles, although I did like how one of the twists felt really inline on Superman.

I think you mean Pretzel Loop: The Ride.

Lol. It does kind of dominate the experience. I understand that's one of the main "opportunities" a flyer design provides, but at the same time it's an uncomfortable element on an already uncomfortable ride.

I'm still going with a tie between Hurler and Shockwave at KD. Out of the 75 coasters I've been on, those are the only two that I felt were actively trying to kill and/or maim me.

Not even close to the worst, and each had more airtime than probably every B&M standup combined.

A bit off topic, but I have no understanding as to why Batwing and Firehawk even get brought up in conversations like these.

These two rides are as smooth as B&M's. And yet, B&M built a ride with the exact same order of elements, just with a 540 degree roll added in (Starry Sky Ripper in China), and suddenly it is the best thing ever. I somewhat understand the hate for Nighthawk (it is the roughest of three three by far, but the hate for the other two makes no sense to me.

Also, having a mediocre layout does not make for the "worst coaster ever." Yes, maybe S:UF clones do waste some potential, but worst coaster ever? Not in this universe. To find a truly bad coaster, try any SLC, or New York New York, or recall that there used to exist Togo standups in North America. I only rode Shockwave. Skyrider/Freestyle must be awful, though. Who would want to ride a Togo standup with a trick track in it?

But I digress, my pick for worst coaster is Ragin Cajun at SFA . . . . I nearly fell asleep on it (The Dark Knight is how to make a Wild Mouse coaster interesting)

I respect your opinion, but I've never really understood the hate for Ragin' Cajun. The spinning, imo, makes it a lot more interesting, and it has a better layout than TDK. Plus you get a small pop of airtime towards the end of the ride . I only rode it once during Fright Fest 2013 but I definitely thought it was one the park's better coasters, probably would be my number 7 or 8 at the park if it were still here

Still going with Apocalypse/Iron Wolf. Die die die.

I'm guessing you did not ride Demon during your visit (If you rode IW at it's original location)

Oh yeah, speaking of which, my vote goes to SFGAM's Demon. I'll admit I haven't been on many coasters, but this one is terrible. Only rough coaster at SFGAm. I've been avoiding it since 2014, my last ride on it was just plain awful. As we hit the brake run, almost the whole train let out an "Ow" in unison. The transition into the first corkscrew has got to have the worst ear banging anywhere. I probably won't ride it again until it either gets new trains/restraints or is closing down.

I was out of it for 3 days after getting concussed by the middle row of Anaconda.

Haha. Come on, dude. I hope you're not being serious.

Absolutely serious. It was a hard hit. I still ride it -- actually somehow they seem to have improved it somewhat -- and love that they still have a true He-Man coaster, but not that row or when the headrests are slippery.