TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mighty Canadian Mine Buster and Wilde Beast at Canada's Wonderland come to mind. Out of all the coasters I've ridden those two were the roughest rides I have ever experienced. I would venture to say they make Gwazi look smooth as glass in comparison. And I found Gwazi very rough. It would be nice to see all these rides get the RMC treatment.

Sorry, eh. Have some apology poutine.

Hurler - this ride rattles so much that you can honestly see it jack hammering it's way through the track when you watch it. That jack-hammer like vibrato is not fun. It's painful, and makes me feel ill afterwards.

Kong - I've ridden Mind Eraser, and this SLC ranks even lower than that one. I don't understand how someone can find enjoyment in banging your head back and forth for a good 2 minutes or more. You can feel the jerky transitions on the ride, and transitions should be smooth. It's sad because SLC's are so sexy, and yet they ride so ugly.

Soarin' Eagle - my god volares are awful, and i never believed they could be so bad until i rode one myself. 1/10 - never again.

Vortex at California's Great America - I actually rode this multiple times, and found a way to stop the headbanging at least somewhat. That being said, it's still a jerky ride that plays upon the gimmick of standing up which has never been interesting.

I'll start off with some easy clones -

Flight Deck, CW. This SLC is somehow worse than the rest... It's awful.

T3, KK. The new restraints get rid of headbanging and replace it with excruciating leg pain and back bashing.

Time Warp, CW. Volares are truly terrible. I dread the day I ride another.

Raton Loco, La Feria, Mexico City. This coaster spins at a dangerous level. It goes beyond the point of enjoyment and makes you fear for your safety. The ride ops had me hold my own restraint down.

Woodies -

Wild Beast, CW. Really bad, waiting for it to end as soon as it started.

Grizzly, KD. Same as above

Psyclone, SFMM. First coaster that made me question my passion

I'll start off with some easy clones -

Flight Deck, CW. This SLC is somehow worse than the rest... It's awful.

T3, KK. The new restraints get rid of headbanging and replace it with excruciating leg pain and back bashing.

Time Warp, CW. Volares are truly terrible. I dread the day I ride another.

Raton Loco, La Feria, Mexico City. This coaster spins at a dangerous level. It goes beyond the point of enjoyment and makes you fear for your safety. The ride ops had me hold my own restraint down.

Woodies -

Wild Beast, CW. Really bad, waiting for it to end as soon as it started.

Grizzly, KD. Same as above

Psyclone, SFMM. First coaster that made me question my passion

has Grizzly gotten worse over the past year? I rode it last year, and didn't seem to find a problem with it. Is there a particular reason you were waiting for it to end, or why it was bad? I'm sorry for the questions, I'm just curious to why you thought it was so awful

Obviously most people at least like Grizzly at Kings Dominion, but I absolutely love it! I'd actually put it as the second best ride in the park, right behind I305. And it's definitely a back-row ride for sure. It can get pretty rough with repeated rides, but there's both really good ejector and floater airtime moments spread throughout the ride, and the laterals are outstanding. And that's not even getting into the great setting, awesome tunnel and pitch-black night rides. Now onto some actual bad rides. I hate Vekoma boomerangs (except for the few that are smooth) and SLCs obviously. Also Wildcat at Hershey is also pretty awful. The roughness would be at least tolerable if it had some better elements.

On the subject of Wildcat at Hershey...ehhh...I'd say that Mean Streak and KD's Hurler are rougher and more painful. At least Wildcat has twistyness on its side....then again, if Iron Wildcat becomes a reality, you won't see me complaining.

Just rode Manhattan Express last night.....So yea. Whats even crazier than the 14.00 admission is the fact that there was a 25 minute line. Shame on me for standing on it.

From what I've head about that coaster, it could be a million times more tolerable if not for the shoulder pads.

Of coasters that are still in existence, and aren't kiddie coasters...

Steel - I'll go with T3, even with the new trains. My goodness, that was a horrific ride, even when you were just sitting on the brake run, with your legs going numb!

Wood - Hurler, either one. The sooner they are gone or RMC'd, the better!

I'll add New Revolution Virtual Reality Coaster, on Ninja at Six Flags St. Louis to my list. It is by far one of the worst coasters I have ever been on. I'd gladly take Manhattan Express (Roller Coaster) at New York New York over New Revolution Virtual Reality Coaster on Ninja.

Just rode Manhattan Express last night.....So yea. Whats even crazier than the 14.00 admission is the fact that there was a 25 minute line. Shame on me for standing on it.

From what I've head about that coaster, it could be a million times more tolerable if not for the shoulder pads.

Correct. Funny cause I actually just talked about the shoulder restraints in my trip report.

- The simultaneous eras of parks diving into Arrow mega looper jerkiness and Summers/Dinn jackhammer parties from 1988-92 did no one any favors.

- TOGO death machines

- Sonny for its cost, hype, scale, demise, and tarnished legacy

- Any number of violent wooden coasters around the world

- Any number of Chinese knock-offs, with the Chance Toboggan ripoff looking the most sadistic to me

The worst coaster i've ridden is Wild Lightnin' at Lake Winnie. People always talk about Wildcat at Hershey being so rough, i didn't think it all that bad. Maybe it's because this ride broke me in for what ROUGH can really excel too.