TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

Worst Coaster Ever??

It's a toss up between Vortex at Kings Island:

- and -

The Roller Coaster aka: Manhattan Express in Vegas:

Both are by far two of the worst coasters I have ever been on.

Both of these would make my top 5 to 10. Vortex is in my top 5 for sure. Probably #2. After the first drop, the ride is awful. I wrote the park asking them to consider changing its name to, "The Rodney King Experience." At least there would be a point to Vortex's abuse.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'll take the vipers as the worst.

Viper - Six Flags Magic Mountain

but worse than that is

Viper - Six Flags Great Adventure

One of my friends was literally mad at me for having let her ride it. I had not idea it was going to be that rough.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I changed my mind about Roar@SFA and Georgia Cyclone. My first ride on Roar wasn't that bad. Same goes with Georgia Cyclone. Its just now I think Zeus at Mt. Olympus is the worst coaster I've ridden due to the park's poor handling of their wooden coasters.

Nitro at GA during holiday in the park because 230 feet and the slow lift is just frostbite: the ride

Nitro at Great Adventure during Holiday in the Park was awesome. I was actually surprised by the fact that it didn't feel that cold while riding it, even on those nights where it dipped into the 20's. It only feels cold when the ride stops and you no longer have a great coaster to distract you from how freaking cold it is.

Anyway I suggest you bro down. Holiday in the Park separates the men from the boys.

^

I mean, it helps to wear a ton of layers - I still think about that kid we saw only wearing a freaking t-shirt! But yeah marathoning Nitro in sub freezing temps at HITP is one of my favorite riding experiences ever.

I'm just going to drop a vote (and probably the only one) for Titan at SFOT. I could rant about it and why it sucks so much but some people might get offended because I don't share their opinion.

I haven't ridden Titan so my opinion probably isn't valid or justified in any way but it's important to understand the difference between a bad ride and wasted potential.

Titan could be a great ride, but because it doesn't do anything special with its height it seems bad, but in reality it's just a lot of wasted potential. Unlike say an SLC or Apocalypse (SFA) where the ride was never expected to be decent but it's complete sh*t and physically painful/harmful. Titan, to my understanding, isn't painful to take one ride on. Just my $.02.

I'm just going to drop a vote (and probably the only one) for Titan at SFOT. I could rant about it and why it sucks so much but some people might get offended because I don't share their opinion.

That's it. "LiftThrill Titan Drinking Game" is officially a thing.

I mean, you can't really say "Titan at SFOT is the worst coaster ever" and not give reasons as to why... Personally, I would love to hear your opinion on why you think Titan is the worst coaster ever.

Titan was the only coaster that physically hurt me and left me unable to ride anything for a half hour. That was legit the worst headache I've had at a park, ever. It's less exciting than a mine train and it tries to kill you twice. I do understand why some people like it, but I don't. It's an opinion thing.

But as for other coasters I don't like, Firehawk, Boomerangs (not Invertigos), Corkscrew @ CP, and Tennessee Tornado are the only other coasters I don't like. Don't ask about Tennessee Tornado, it's just ridiculously overrated and not fun. I've enjoyed every mine train, kiddie coaster, and pretty much every coaster but those five.

Don't ask about Tennessee Tornado, it's just ridiculously overrated and not fun. I've enjoyed every mine train, kiddie coaster, and pretty much every coaster but those five.

I'd like Tennessee Tornado a whole lot more if the seats were actually designed for human beings.

You ain't kidding!

Hey, Goliath and Titan serve the same purpose - steal lines from the nearby RMC so I can ride it more times. Oh, and being a credit helps too.

Titan was the only coaster that physically hurt me and left me unable to ride anything for a half hour. That was legit the worst headache I've had at a park, ever. It's less exciting than a mine train and it tries to kill you twice. I do understand why some people like it, but I don't. It's an opinion thing.

Put the VR on Titan because it sucks anyway and it gives me an excuse to not have to ride it anymore.

The first time I rode Titan it was decent but every time after that it just kept going down. After my third ride on it, Titan became my least favorite coaster. To me it's pretty much a 250 foot kiddie coaster with some random blackout helices thrown in just so it can be called intense. It's pretty much the only coaster I can consistently walk off of with a headache. It's like an endurance challenge. So much wasted potential. Plus it's right next to NTaG which just further exaggerates how much wasted potential it is. Most people like Titan more than I do and that's fine but I'm going to be over at NTaG lol

Firehawk on the other hand is my second least favorite coaster beaten only by Titan.

Steel Force is still a better hyper than Titan, and I haven't even ridden it. Seriously Titan is garbage.

Titan, which also happens to be my least favorite coaster.

The only coaster I've been on that I really don't like is Titan. It wasn't until the second or third time that I realized how much wasted track that ride has. I came off with a headache all three times.

Speaking of overrated coasters since the last time I talked about Titan in this thread I rode it three more times and it just got worse. Why do people like this ride at all? It's big, but it doesn't feel like it. It's fast, but it spends all of its speed trying to knock you out with g-forces. It's sorta smooth, but on my most recent ride I noticed a massive rumble. This was still all last summer and I don't have a SFOT trip planned this summer, but if I did I'd probably opt to avoid it entirely. I don't get intimidated by the height like my first ride. The drop is boring, not steep, and is just straight track on a decline. The tunnel is over too quickly to be bothered with. The turnaround does what it says on the tin, and nothing else. The hill serves no purpose and feels pretty much like straight track. The first helix is headache-inducing. The twister section might have been almost fun if the MCBR didn't kill all the speed, but I'm glad it does because guess what there's another helix, and this one is sure to make your potential headache worse. This is, at max, a once-a-day ride. Now I get that some people have a higher resistance to the g-forces, but even then, what does the ride even do that's noteworthy? It just sorta meanders around, and just when you start doing something interesting it throws a giant helix at you saying "look I can be forceful too." I'll be honest, I prefer mine trains to this. I prefer Texas's local Boomerang to Titan. I'm glad I don't see it ranking high but I still hear people praise it and I really just don't understand at all, especially with NTaG next door.

drunk2.gif.3181363a196876c0fe9ee1a346b04206.gif