TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

The worst coaster I have been on is the Pepsi Python at Coney Island Cincinnati, it has such shotty lap bars you fly all over and get massive pain delivered to you. I do love it's logo though, I just adore snakes . Also, Son of Beast is my favorite coaster (Currently in operation, King Cobra is my all time favorite) I think that it is just fine .

http://www.rcdb.com/ig406.htm?picture=2 Pepsi Python

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T2 is Version 2 of the SLC. If you think T2 is rough, try Version 1 at Walibi World (formerly known as Six Flags Holland, and before that Walibi Flevo). El Condor is even rougher than T2. They look exactly the same, but T2 was ironed out a bit to be smoother (haw haw). Version 3 is the general SLC - Mind Erasers, Kong, Hangman, etc.

Personally, I love all three versions. El Condor reminded me of riding a bull, sorta. You're body is just thrown around like a ragdoll. Same with T2. GOD, I love them! So much fun.

Edit: I've found that El Condor and T2 basically didn't bang your head at all. They beat your body; whereas, the later SLC's seem to bang your head, but they're easier on the body.

-kip-

• 3 weeks later...

HI EVERYONE! First time posting, wish me luck!

My vote would have to go to Windjammer at KBF (missed by NO ONE!). That ride was just brutally evil, and replaced a much loved childhood attraction (grrrrrrr!). And while not nearly as painful, I found American Eagle at SFGAm to be very anti-climactic after being overhyped by my local cousins.

TOMB RAIDER SUCKS! I have had a personnel hate for this ride ever since my glasses broke while i was riding it, and i was wearing them at the time! strange thing is, the only people who believe me are the people who have been unfortunate enough to ride this peice of crap!!

Sure, the Volares are bad, but I've had worse. Raging Wolf Bobs at GL has to be the worst. I know they retracked it so it must be better, but when I went on it only the first half was done. It was very decieving; the first half wasn't so bad, but then you hit the second half and it was airtime! Airtime in the sense that the ride is throwing you about so much you are never toching anything for long. It's like a vibrator of death. I don't think I have ever felt so much pain in my back. It ruined a few coasters that were further along on that trip.

smells_like_team_disney wrote:

My vote would have to go to Windjammer at KBF (missed by NO ONE!).

I realize this is your first post, but for future reference, it's not good to speak for everyone. I actually do miss Windjammer. I thought it was a lot of fun.

-kip-

I thought that Iron Wolf was the worst coaster when I first rode because I broke my leg on it (well my leg was weak from a previous break but, my cast was of) and we didnt sew or anything. But then last year I rode in the third row and it was actually very fun! I loved it (I rode it like a floorless coaster though but it was still fun).

My worst coaster vote would go for Flash Back at SFMM although it could have been just a bad seat or something, I have never rode it since.

I would have to say the Villian at Geauga Lake - I rode it last summer and it really knocked the heck out of me. As for the Volare Flying and Canada's Wonderland (Tomb Raider) - Elissa - Give it a try. It is not incredibly exciting, but I also found it smooth when I rode it. I guess I am one of the few...

^If your lucky enough to ride behind a car full of skirts then the loading station is pretty damn cool.

Then of course god punishes you throughout the rest of the course. IMO, it's totally worth it.

Actually the Volares remind me of that scene in Temple of Doom where that guy is locked in a cage and lowered into the lava pit. Only imagine if the cage was swung against the walls all the way down!

J "Stupid Volares!" J

^ Not if homeland security does their job!!!

j/k

Although the canadian nazi at the booth made us talk to a REAL mountie before they'd let us in. He was all trying to use 9/11 to hassle us too!

At the Quebec crossing the dude was all, "Bonjour! Have fun"

Don "Stupid traffic cop trying to be a boarder guard" Garrison

Ouch the volares are taking a beating... Personally I don't think they are that bad they just made a few poor design choices IMHO.

First there should be some padding in the chest area to keep people a little more comfortable. (yes as a guy I am complaining...)

Second instead of the rolling sections they should have put in dives.

Third put up a warning to people not to climb in so that the restraints are pushing on their shoulders... (never do this on a volare... Always make sure you are slightly loose. You are fine if you are at a position where on your tippy toes your shoulders touch the restraints. If you are pushing against them you will hate the ride)

Thats about it IMHO. The corners are pretty intense but as long as you aren't looking around too much it doesn't hurt. Kinda like a launch on launch rides. The whole thing is a bit disorienting but hey it can still be fun.

BTW do any of the other volares run their belt on the loading platform? I only remember that working once (when I was there) at Elitches and ever since it has just been stationary. It is actually easier to get on when it is stationary anyway though...

Yep I'm defending the Volare because hell the Boomerang at Elitches has caused me more grief than the little flying coaster... I mean like serious serious pain from the Boomerang. First my shoulders are not happy in that restraint and second the ride somehow manages to bash you on everysingle part of the track other than the cable lift. Yep the chain lift actually throttles the car about too. The train actually jolts 3 times on the chain lift... That is terrible...