TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

I have to admit that I have been on several "awful" coasters, but Racer at Kings Island is by far the worst I have EVER been on. Never... I repeat... NEVER again!!

Rather interesting. When I went on Racer, it was a rather smooth woodie and was a decent ride, even though it was a bit tame.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just on Ghostrider last month for he first time, and it drove me nuts that all the morons who got off it when I did were high-fiving each other and saying how awesome it was.

I was so pissed about the god-awful ride that I was very casually saying to no no one in particular that that may been the worst roller coaster experience I've had in my long life. Because it was.

I know it was once a great ride, but jesus....it was like standing in line at the DMV with a rabid marmot down my trousers. Just pure torture.

People are generally pretty stupid...

I have to admit that I have been on several "awful" coasters, but Racer at Kings Island is by far the worst I have EVER been on. Never... I repeat... NEVER again!!

That...comes as quite a surprise to me. When I was there just a few weeks ago, it was perfectly smooth, for a wooden coaster, and a -much- better ride than I expected at all.

I was just on Ghostrider last month for he first time, and it drove me nuts that all the morons who got off it when I did were high-fiving each other and saying how awesome it was.

I was so pissed about the god-awful ride that I was very casually saying to no no one in particular that that may been the worst roller coaster experience I've had in my long life. Because it was.

I know it was once a great ride, but jesus....it was like standing in line at the DMV with a rabid marmot down my trousers. Just pure torture.

I agree with you. I rode Ghostrider last month for the first time, I was pretty excited to ride this woody. But it killed me, and I pulled a muscle in my back so I can't say I enjoyed it one bit. Real shame as it has such a great layout and a long ride. I bet in its earlier days t was pure awesome. Has to be one of the worst coasters i'v ridden

First off: Who are you to call somebody "stupid", or get pissed off at them, just because because they enjoyed a coaster that you think is terrible?!?! I mean... what?!?! Coaster experiences are subjective, and a matter of opinion. There are those who enjoy Corkscrew at Cedar Point, which I think is a terrible coaster. Heck, I loved Drachen Fire at BGW, but clearly, my opinion was not in the majority, because the ride was removed. However, I am no more "stupid" for liking such a rough coaster than all the complainers who "couldn't handle it" were for causing its removal. It's all a matter of opinion... I

As for my "Worst Coaster Ever", that's easy! Great American Scream Machine at Six Flags Great Adventure - Rest in Pieces, you hunk of junk! (Now, watch the GASM preservation club come into here and call me, "stupid!" )

First off: Who are you to call somebody "stupid", or get pissed off at them, just because because they enjoyed a coaster that you think is terrible?!?! I mean... what?!?!

This.

I'm a west coast guy, and been going to SFMM since I was 6 in 1991. I've experienced the horrors of the NYNY Rollercoaster, Boomerang and Ghostrider at KBF, Psychlone, Green Lantern, and (to some extent) Viper at SFMM. But nothing beats riding Flashback when I was 8 and getting the crap beaten out of me. It had such a cool look and I was tricked by those over banked turns, but that was the one and only ride I swore off as a kid. So unique looking, so awfully painful.

(First post. Long time lurker)

Ragin Cajun for the runner up.

No! Say it ain't so!

Riding Ragin Cajun at SFGAm a couple of years ago was some of the most pure fun, I've ever had on a coaster before! My brother-in-law and I were overcome with laughter riding that thing!

Mighty Canadian BackBuster at CW. That ride hurt more than any seat on Wolverine Wildcat at MiA. It was pretty bad. It made Mean Streak look smooth.

Then again Sky Rider was pretty uncomfortable too. I rode it right before they removed it. I would have to say it's a runner up.

I hear lots of people complain about this ride but I never have found this coaster rough. I personally think Corkscrew is worse.

Agreed! Corkscrew is far more painful than Mean Streak, it actually might be one of the worst rides I've been on.

I actually think Blue Streak was the most painful ride on my Cedar Point trip. Then again, I was sitting in the final row. I went back later to re-ride near the front and it wasn't so bad.

Gemini was my worst there...

My least favourite coasters ever are Apocalypse the Ride and Le Monstre. Apocalypse for its restraints, and Le Monstre cause it actually gave headbanging on a woodie.

I hear lots of people complain about this ride but I never have found this coaster rough. I personally think Corkscrew is worse.

Agreed! Corkscrew is far more painful than Mean Streak, it actually might be one of the worst rides I've been on.

I actually think Blue Streak was the most painful ride on my Cedar Point trip. Then again, I was sitting in the final row. I went back later to re-ride near the front and it wasn't so bad.

Gemini was my worst there...

Corkscrew was almost as bad for Mean Streak for me. But where Mean Streak was just unbelievable rough, boring and painful, Corkscrew was just boring with some random/weird/not too pleasant maneuvers.

Gemini and Blue Streak were two surprises of my trip - I loved both of them and couldn't believe how much. Blue Streak is fantastic - rough in a good classic wood coaster way but not in a painful way. Great airtime. Rode in front and back and enjoyed both. Gemini I thought was smooth with some great airtime and some surprising drops. The racing aspect helped making it awesome as well.

My worst coaster ever is without a doubt, Thunderhawk at Dorney Park. This coaster was way too rough for my likings.

I rode this last year in the back and would have agreed 100% with you. Then I tried it in the front a few months ago and it was so much better. Not like Top 20 better, but not one of the worst I've been on...

I would say the worst roller coaster I've been on would have to be between...

-Shockwave @ Kings Dominion

-Great American Scream Machine @ Six Flags Over Georgia

-Great American Scream Machine @ Six Flags Great Adventure

Shocked to see Great American Scream Machine @ SFOG in your list. It's decently smooth and a great classic. I wonder why your experience was so notably terrible. For me it ranks not far outside of my top 10 wooden coasters (and one of the highest classics) and I've been on about half of the wooden coasters in the U.S.