TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely Gouderix at parc asterix. I knew what I was expecting from from all the reviews but it was so much worse.

First off the staff were terrible. As soon as the restraints were checked they threw water at us leaving us soaked.

The ride itself was appalling. I remembered the inversion giving me sharp pains and the head banging was unbearable. My least favourite part was the final inversion as it crushed my legs.

Never again.

• 1 month later...

Coaster Express is still terrible.

I've only ridden Blue Streak at Cedar Point once, and that was enough. Garbage coaster that needs to be burned with it's roughness. And I'm a guy who loves Mantis and Mean Streak.

Edited by JonnyRCT3

• 2 weeks later...

I've been able to tolerate and actually sometimes even love a lot of coasters most hate. I adored Looping Star when it was at Beech Bend, Vortex at King's Island was awesome, Ninja at Six Flags St. Louis was pretty good, sans the first loop and the corkscrews, almost all the coasters I've gone on have had little to no headbanging.

But when Ninja at Six Flags Over Georgia already was giving a quite bit of headbanging before the lift hill, it already was near the bottom of my list. The first drop, butterfly loop, sidewinder, and corkscrews acted as concrete blocks attached to it to make sure it stayed down there. My ears were about red and seriously sore for four days (wouldn't be surprised they enforced the no earring policy due to several bloody ears), and all I heard when we got back to the station was groaning and swearing like no tomorrow.

I feel bad for people who think it's going to be a good coaster when they go to ride it for the first time, because behind the beautiful lake location and the seemingly-shiny new paint, it's really the poster child for Vekoma's infamous headbanging association.

I've only ridden Blue Streak at Cedar Point once, and that was enough. Garbage coaster that needs to be burned with it's roughness. And I'm a guy who loves Mantis and Mean Streak.

Lay off the bath salts

Right off the top of my head I would say Roller Coaster or what ever it is named now at NYNY in Las Vegas.

I went on it but it isn't worse!

My worst coaster ever I've been on was Limit at Heide Park. This is a Vekoma SLC and yes with the old restraints!!! But also a worse coaster was Revolution at SFMM and if you want to know how it is for a bouncy ball then you have to ride it and you know that your head is there the bouncy ball!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Blue Streak was running really badly this year in the wheel seats, but it's great in a non-wheel seat. Try it again in the middle row of any car. If you sat in one of those rows and still found it rough then I agree with FaithPlus1, lay off the bath salts.

... and even in a wheel seat Blue Streak is nowhere near the worst coaster in the world. It's not even the worst coaster in the park.

Actually, any Volare.

I've never ridden a Volare. Are they really as bad as people make them out to be?

Yes, been on Soarin' Eagle at Coney Island. It felt like being stuffed in a metal trash can and getting pushed downhill. Even when the lift catches the train, it's one big thump. Now on, I stay away.

Blue Streak was running really badly this year in the wheel seats, but it's great in a non-wheel seat. Try it again in the middle row of any car. If you sat in one of those rows and still found it rough then I agree with FaithPlus1, lay off the bath salts.

... and even in a wheel seat Blue Streak is nowhere near the worst coaster in the world. It's not even the worst coaster in the park.

I liked Blue Streak quite a bit when I rode it last year. It's a lot better than Mean Streak and Mantis, and a better ride than Gatekeeper.

Actually, any Volare.

I've never ridden a Volare. Are they really as bad as people make them out to be?

No. Pretty much no ride superfans complain so much about are as bad as they make them out to be. It's still baffling to me how self-declared roller coaster fans can be so whiny. Volares are unique and the one that I have been on (Wiener Prater) was a fun little ride. The charm is in the quirkiness of it all. No, it's not the smoothest ride on the planet and so for some with 0 tolerance for any discomfort I guess it would be terrible but overall I think they are nifty little rides that give a fun gliding sensation.