TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst experience I ever had on a roller coaster was on Shockwave at Six Flags Great America. It wasn't the worlds worst in any particular category but it had a healthy dose of everything headbanging which is a requirement. The problem I really had with it was the entire ride experience. Going down the first drop it just felt like I was oscillating left/ride as much as I was moving downwards. You know that weird jerkyness you get on an old Arrow as you transition into a turn or a corkscrew? I felt that even during the straight sections. The best way to describe it is to watch Robb's video on the Manhattan Express. It felt exactly like that for me. The entire experience was just pitiful.

It is a stupid baby steel coaster from Vekoma (Junior coaster 207m) that hurt a lot. I hope they repaired it this winter. And the coaster is definitive to short.

Length: 679' 2"

Height: 27' 11"

Inversions: 0

Speed: 21.7 mph

Duration: 0:44

The whole park will be changed. From 1996 to 2004 it was Warner Bros. Movie World Germany. From 2005 it will be Movie Park Germany.

The Park opens on March 19. with new and changed attractions.

New attractions will be "Ice Age Adventure" - "SpongeBob Squarepants 4D cinema" and "Time Riders".

Here is the link: http://www.moviepark.de

--Soeren

I don't think repainting will help.

Corkscrew at Cedar Point! Oh lord where do I begin?

First off, rough coasters don't bother me as long as they just have a lap bar. Even some with shoulder restraints tend to not bother me because of my height (I'm 6, 1) because my head comes above the restraint. But when the restraints aren't very tall person friendly like this thing, it forces you down into your seat only to jerk you around vigorously and it killed my neck! Never again!

Mantis at Cedar Point. It banged my head around a lot and rode rough. Plus, the smell coming off of the little pond it's located near was awful and contributed to the terrible ride experience. Did not care for Mantis at all.

(And yes, I rode Mean Streak as well, and could actually tolerate that a lot better than Mantis.)

Mantis at Cedar Point. It banged my head around a lot and rode rough. Plus, the smell coming off of the little pond it's located near was awful and contributed to the terrible ride experience. Did not care for Mantis at all.

(And yes, I rode Mean Streak as well, and could actually tolerate that a lot better than Mantis.)

Having ridden Mantis lots of times I do not find it as bad as most people claim it to be. I personally think it's underrated. Also Mean Streak went through some major retracking and I think it's actually pretty smooth now.

I've gotta go with Mean Streak. It was quite rough, and on top of that, the layout was totally boring and forceless. The train squeaks around the curves, and overall it's just not a good coaster. I hope CP does something with it soon, whether tear it down, refurb, RMC, etc.

When did you ride it? Because it had a refurb in 2012 and it's actually quite enjoyable now.

I've gotta go with Mean Streak. It was quite rough, and on top of that, the layout was totally boring and forceless. The train squeaks around the curves, and overall it's just not a good coaster. I hope CP does something with it soon, whether tear it down, refurb, RMC, etc.

When did you ride it? Because it had a refurb in 2012 and it's actually quite enjoyable now.

Here are what my cons are for Mean Streak.

1. The retracking barely help at all.

2. It feels slow, and that is due to the large elements.

3. Absolutely no airtime at all.

If I had to make a top 16 coasters at Cedar Point, Mean Streak would go in #13

Here are what my cons are for Mean Streak.

1. The retracking barely help at all.

2. It feels slow, and that is due to the large elements.

3. Absolutely no airtime at all.

If I had to make a top 16 coasters at Cedar Point, Mean Streak would go in #13

I think the retrack helped a lot. I sat at the 7th car, wheel seat which is said to be the worst seat just to test if Mean Streak is indeed that brutal.(green train) It wasn't bad at all, in fact some new B&M are much worse than that. The whole ride isn't airtimeless, there are a few pops of airtime, the little drop after the turn under the lift hill is surprisingly good. But of you compare it with Maverick...

I rode it once in 2012 and once just a few months ago. It actually seemed worse this time around. It's not really the roughness (GhostRider is at my home park) but more of the fact that it has an uninteresting layout. GhostRider, while arguably more rough than Mean Streak, at least has an awesome layout with plenty of airtime.

For Me:

Son of Beast (Wooden)

Seriously?

Son of Beast was f'ing incredible.

It was powerful and brutal, the kind of coaster where you literally hang on for dear life. From the first curved drop out of the station, the track used to hum like there was electricity flowing through it, and the train roared as it rolled out of the station... and that was before you even reached the lift. The ride was a brilliant mix of shattering earthquake, silent grace during the massive loop, intense forceful helices during the second half, all before it jumped up into the final breaks, slamming you to a grinding halt. Wooh! The very definition of a wild ride.

Repeating myself, but I'm also interested, if anything that has been done lately

(retracking, renovating, anything!), and improved the ride of these three coasters?

If any.

Two for France: Goudurix (Parc d'Astrix); Anaconda (Walygator).

And from Germany: Bandit (Movie Park)

Although it is far from the worst coaster ever, Green Lantern at Great Adventure. What the F*** did we do to deserve that ride?

My question is this: what on Earth happened to it when it was moved from Kentucky? I've never heard of bad rides when it was Chang but now it's getting poor reviews.