TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

Corkscrew at Cedar Point is the worst roller coaster in the entire galaxy far into the galaxy far, far away with coasters made of sticks on Kashyyyk built by Wookies. What a shame.

Corkscrew is, indeed, a bad ride--but I've come across far worse in my travels, such as Temple of Peril and Space Mountain at Paris Disneyland and Goudurix at Parc Asterix.

I think CP's Mean Streak is far worse than Corkscrew, too.

Edited by cfc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest? Alpengeist at Busch Gardens. Not to say it's a terrible ride but it's utterly disappointing to me. For being so tall for a looping coaster it's so forceless that I just got nothing out of it. I had several chances to ride it again and just opted out because of how boring it was. I like Cedar Points Corkscrew or Iron Dragon more and that's saying something.

5867877918_7cc17b608e_b.thumb.jpg.41ab599675be22f270f325eb03aca6dd.jpg

Ninja at SFOG, Ninja at SFOG, oh, and Ninja at SFOG.

(and not just because I have yet to suffer through an SLC or TOGO yet either.)

This. A million times.

Ninja at SFOG was the worst coaster I'be ever ridden of my 71 credits. Son of Beast was a close second.

If we're defining "worst" as supposed to be good (and hyped to be good), but was really disappointing, then (I'm probably going to get a lot of flame for this) in that case I sincerely despise the Belmont version of the Giant Dipper. That thing beat the crap out of me, way worse than Mean Streak. It may have just been an off day or something, because I've never heard anything else but pretty good reviews about it.

But if we're simply saying that "worst" is just bad bad bad, then it's any Boomerang. Poorly engineered, too common/horribly cheap/too good to be true, and after riding one I'm ruined for the rest of the day because of how sick I get. Mind you, I'm find with most shuttle coasters, but Boomerangs just destroy me.

• 3 weeks later...

Corkscrew is, indeed, a bad ride--but I've come across far worse in my travels, such as Temple of Peril and Space Mountain at Paris Disneyland and Goudurix at Parc Asterix.

I think CP's Mean Streak is far worse than Corkscrew, too.

I must say I'm surprised that space mountain and temple of peril can be considered that bad. Is it because of roughness or the layout and coaster themselves? I have suffered some headbanging while riding space mountain in the back but I have had some fairly decent rides near the front and never had a rough ride on temple of peril. Maybe I just caught those rides on good days.

Ninja at SFOG, Ninja at SFOG, oh, and Ninja at SFOG.

(and not just because I have yet to suffer through an SLC or TOGO yet either.)

This. A million times.

Ninja at SFOG was the worst coaster I'be ever ridden of my 71 credits. Son of Beast was a close second.

*jumps on bandwagon* I'm not the only one that thinks this!

Viper at Great Adventure was just ridiculously terrible. It's the worst coaster I've ever ridden and nothing else is even close.

Yes! It was like being in a car crash. I remember seeing that last curve coming - "we aren't really going to take that curve at this speed, are we!??"

(go to :40)

The lift and drop were nice, though. Yes, I'm a lift hill enthusiast.

Dragon at Adventureland in Iowa was very rough - and I rode it when it was brand new! Z-Force was horrible at Great America and SFOG - then I had a fluke *GREAT* ride on it at Magic Mountain. I dunno, stars must have been aligned...

No contest Windjammer surf racers at knotts not only did it suck and have horrible maintenance issues it replaced a very rare fun family attraction that being the Wacky Soap Box Racers.

Yep, I fully agree with this. Windjammer definitely sucked.

• 8 months later...
Only coaster I really avoid is face off (invertigo) at kings island. It is the only one that seems to give me a headache.

Actually, same here. Corkscrew, Meanstreak, even Hades (haven't ridden 360) are all ok for me. Invertigo, especially backwards, leaves me thinking 'k well thats over for the day...'

It's still Green Lantern: First Flight for me, but I will (somehow) ride it again this month and have my thoughts either positively changed, negatively changed, or stay the same. Oh, and the runner up is Chiropractor: The Ride *cough* I mean Manhattan Express.

^ I agree with Green Lantern. Wont ride it again. I don't like many of the corkscrew coasters either such as the one at CP. The only cool thing about that ride is w asking under the corkscrews!