TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firewhip - Beto Carrero World - By far the worst SLC EVER and a very painful experience

Montezum - Hopi Hari - I still have bruises from the last time I rode it!

Green Lantern - SFGA - I had no idea that a stand up coaster would make me cry!

Cyclone - Coney Island - It was great in the past, but last year it was rough as hell

Viper - SFMM - Why is this thing still there? Why do people ride it???

• 4 months later...

Like all RCCA woodies that i've ridden... Bandit, Magnus Colossos and Coaster Express. But number one has to be Anaconda for me! When a coaster already hurts when not even on the lifthill, you just know your doomed!

Flight of the Hippogriff at IOA

I sometimes feel that people don't "get" this thread...

Seriously, how is a Vekoma roller skater the "Worst Coaster Ever?"

Besides, Zamperla kiddie coasters are much worse.

Yeah, you have to look at the coasters in context. Although most kiddie coasters rank at the bottom of my list, I wouldn't call any of them the worst because they aren't for my age group and are great for their target audience. Besides, in my opinion Vekoma's are among the best kids coasters (I'd say Wisdom's kiddies are in general my least favorite, followed by the Zamperla family gravity coaster).

Anyway, my bottom three wood and steel (excluding kiddie and family coasters) are:

Wood:

1. Grizzly at California's Great America

2. Psyclone (now defunct) at Six Flags Magic Mountain

3. Mean Streak at Cedar Point

Steel:

1. Steamin' Demon at Great Escape

2. Canobie Corkscrew at Canobie Lake Park

3. High Roller (now defunct) at Stratosphere Tower

I agree, kiddie coasters shouldn't be named the "worst" unless they're super rough and painful. If they're smooth and fun for kids, they fulfil their purpose.

The worst coaster I've been on is Lethal Weapon at Movieworld, however I need to re-ride it as Arkham Asylum then re-judge it as I'm sure it'll be better with the KumbaK trains.

EDIT: Re-rode it as Arkham Asylum, it's now a fantastic ride! I had no idea SLCs were so intense, Im usually distracted by the pain.

Having been on only 7 wooden coasters and enjoying them all, I don't really have a worst. I suppose the most uninteresting one was the Scenic Railway at Luna Park. However I don't dislike it due to it's nostalgic feel and the fact it offers pretty good views of St Kilda.

Edited by australianalex

Besides, Zamperla kiddie coasters are much worse.

Zamperla kiddie coasters are the best, they are the few kiddie coasters that actually beat you up.

Anyways, my worst coaster is Green Lantern (SFMM). This is the most painful coaster I ever been on and I don't know how it can be enjoyable. Also, I have more fun on Roadrunner Express (SFDK) than Green Lantern (SFMM).

^ I have had two rides so far on Green Lantern. My first ride I encountered no pain and thought it was an amazing ride. The second time I got the most insanely painful jolt in the legs during the final element into the station. I almost started crying it was so painful. I laugh every time I see someone complaining about Skyrush being very painful because there really is no comparison to the stress that final element put's on your legs. I think it might be due to the fact that I was flipped upside down and then yanked downwards in a tight radius as by the rides design and just was in the worst rotation possible for that kind of vertical turn.

I can somewhat agree with GL:FF. I just rode it at the beginning of October and even though it wasn't the roughest/most painful coaster I have been on, it was pretty damn bad. I had a bruise on my thigh from the OTSR and the fact that we never flipped. I also had the worst ear pain on one of the drops but it was inner ear and not from head banging. It was so forceful that it hurt inside my ears. How is that even possible on a coaster? I have never felt anything like that before and I wasn't the only one in my group that did. Suffice to say, only one person in my group rerode it again during our visit.

• 4 weeks later...

^Agreed. Sidewinder is the worst boomerang I've ridden.

As for worst overall though, I'm saying Manhattan Express. Togo or not, it's a coaster that had all the tools to be good, or at least fun and unique, but squanders everything and has the BALLS to ask you to pay $14.00 for it alone. After five years living in Las Vegas, there is no coaster I hate more.