TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Arrow Coaster

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viper. Without a doubt. Quite possibly the most underrated ride ever.

It's just that it's no longer new. When it was, Viper was very popular, talked about, and even advertised heavily. I believe one of it's slogan's was "the most frightening roller coaster on earth" with elements such as "the unholy triple loop."

I actually have 2 Arrow creations in my Top 10! (Although, as previously mentioned, I have a pretty off the wall Top 10.) They are....

Top Gun (Kings Island)

"Mad Mouse" (model, various parks)

Electerik

Wizard of Wackiness

I really like Top Gun and I think its a pretty fun coaster specially if your smaller and don't really want to ride the big rides yet. I really don't know why people hate on it so much.

KI's Vortex.

Also receiving votes: SFGAm's Demon, Anaconda, Big Bad Wolf

Even though they possibly contributed to some brain damage, I still have love for the old Arrow loopers. They just looked intimidating because of the style of track and supports.

Viper. Without a doubt. Quite possibly the most underrated ride ever.

It's just that it's no longer new. When it was, Viper was very popular, talked about, and even advertised heavily. I believe one of it's slogan's was "the most frightening roller coaster on earth" with elements such as "the unholy triple loop."

Heck yeah. Even before I got into coasters, I remember watching Encino Man and thinking how cool that coaster looked and how I had to find out what it was. A while later, I got into coasters and started checking out books and saw it more. I just kept thinking how badly I wanted to ride it. I still wanna ride it badly. Hopefully in the not-too-distant future I'll finally make the trek out to SoCal.

I rode Gemini for the first time in about 5 years this summer. I found it was running much much better than the previous time I rode it. Does anyone know if Cedar Point did anything to improve the ride, or did I just luck out.

Speaking of Gemini, has it always been a steel track over a wood frame or was it once a fully wooden coaster?

Five weeks ago I probably would have said Canyon Blaster, maybe even Tennessee Tornado (kinda short), with a big nod to Big Bad Wolf (best at night).

However, after the TPR trip to Korea, I could pretty much safely say:

Eagle Fortress.

Amazing. Simply amazing.

(Fantasia Special would probably be up there too!)

My 3 favorite Arrows:

1. Canyon Blaster @ Circus Circus, Las Vegas (I can't believe it's an Arrow, it's so smooth)

2. Ninja - SFMM (repainting reminded me how just plain fun this ride is...beats me why)

3. Double Loop at Geauga Lake/wherever it's going now... A classic, possibly my second credit as far as I know, and a headbanger wherever it goes. But I love it.

Unrelated: http://www.shaabpark.com/photogallery/photo5.html

This is apparently the classic corkscrew, this is a 1996 Arrow, so it seems it was in 1996 that they started making better engineered rides as seen by the Tennessee Tornado style track.

Related: Of the two Arrows I've been on, I'd say that I liked X better than Canyon Blaster, except for the extremely long wait in line. There was just so much confusion on that ride that I had to watch it in a simulation game to see what I went through.