TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Arrow Coaster

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 years later...

My favorite coaster I've ridden from Arrow is definitely Magnum. I think most Arrow coasters are fun ride rides but nothing spectacular, however, Magnum is the one exception for me. I will admit that the first drop and the hill that follows are a bit underwhelming, but it gets much better after that. The hill after the first hill offers some nice sustained floater air, the turnaround is pretty good, and the return run with all of the ejector air is just awesome. I personally don't find it to be rough or painful as long as you tighten the seatbelt as much as you can.

Big Bad Wolf still remains as my favorite, but for the ones in operation, Loch Ness Monster gets my vote. Still wish I could've ridden Drachen Fire though. Tennessee Tornado is high up on my bucket list, hoping to ride that sometime next year.

I originally thought Magnum, but I changed my mind. It's Demon at SFGAm. Huge points for Devilish Charm. Plus, I know how to ride it now.

d1.jpg.1edcd7db51820e0d01a2d6b74667d590.jpg

Demon Midwest!

d2.jpg.97cc539e7eaa2833372d3e4a588bda95.jpg

This is where the magic happens. Notice the misaligned track backbone. Demon West had this drop neutered in the 90s.

Edited by AirMBTB

I originally thought Magnum, but I changed my mind. It's Demon at SFGAm. Huge points for Devilish Charm. Plus, I know how to ride it now.

This gets my vote as well. Demon's first drop is the hidden gem of SFGAm. IIRC, it also had some of it's track replaced with that of the dearly departed Shockwave, so there's the sentimental aspect as well.

KI's Vortex, BGW's Loch Ness Monster and DW's Tennessee Tornado are my other favorites of those that are still around. Viper at SFMM is very high on my bucket list. It'll be sad when these things start disappearing at a faster clip.

X2

Almost voted for Vortex at KI, and almost completely forgot X2 was made by Arrow. My vote goes for that as well.

Also this thread has got to have the biggest revival I've ever seen on this website! A 7-year gap!