TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tripsdrill Discussion Thread

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Eurofighter are perfect for smaller parks. The low capacity fits them nicely and with the single cars they can make maneuvers that high capacity coasters with long trains can't do.

Still hope for a portable version someday....

Well at least we know Gerstlauer are open to it.

Would love to see this. This year there's a kind of shortage for rollercoasters:

Olympia and Alpina - Rheinkirmes, Düsseldorf

Teststrecke - Schützenfest, Hannover

So for Sommerdom there can only be Höllenblitz and MouseXXL...

I have no idea if it`s just because I`m from germany....but to me it looks like an AMAZING layout...love it

It has nothing to do with you being from Germany. This looks like a nice tight layout with with some sweet 'twistyness'. You will be having fun soon, thanks for the pictures.

It`s good to know that this thing will have no OTSRs. If it`s unavoidable that Eurofighters are getting "a little" rough over the time, then at least the lapbar-only restraints will probably prevent the ride from getting too uncomfortable...

^ I know this is a bit off topic, but with the traveling rides being so huge in Germany, do they still have the sketchy reputation that they would get in Canada or the States?

Maybe by the locals who go to the county fairs. I don't think they will have the same reputation by coaster enthusiasts, because of so many more major, permanent parks in the US, but I don't think they will be frowned upon. Plus insane carnival coasters are stereotyped with Germany, so no I don't think they'll have the same reputation, although I think the US could use a few more Schwarzkopf-like coasters in their county fairs.

It`s good to know that this thing will have no OTSRs. If it`s unavoidable that Eurofighters are getting "a little" rough over the time, then at least the lapbar-only restraints will probably prevent the ride from getting too uncomfortable...

Lapbars may help, but I have been on a fairly rough Gherstlaur before (Galaxy Oribter, West Edmonton Mall), and found it to be quite painful as my head was still smashed into the headrest repeatedly, and I nearly got whiplash in some parts of the ride when I didn't brace myself the first time I rode.

^ I know this is a bit off topic, but with the traveling rides being so huge in Germany, do they still have the sketchy reputation that they would get in Canada or the States?

Maybe by the locals who go to the county fairs. I don't think they will have the same reputation by coaster enthusiasts, because of so many more major, permanent parks in the US, but I don't think they will be frowned upon. Plus insane carnival coasters are stereotyped with Germany, so no I don't think they'll have the same reputation, although I think the US could use a few more Schwarzkopf-like coasters in their county fairs.

Well, whatever the case, traveling rides are pretty sketchy up here in Canada, and sadly, due to the part of the country I live in, that's mostly what we get, meaning I've gotta go hang out at a pretty ghetto location just to ride something half descent @ least Canada's Wonderland's not TOO far away, and I can drive only a few hours to get there. Sadly, however, that's the only big park around, and the next closest one is SFLR (Six Flags La Ronde) in Montreal, which is almost 10 hours away

Anyway, back on topic, this ride looks great! Can't wait to c how it'll turn out.

PS; Sorry if this has been discussed before, but does anybody know if this will be a spinning coaster as well as a launcher?

PS; Sorry if this has been discussed before, but does anybody know if this will be a spinning coaster as well as a launcher?

I don't think it will be spinning coaster.

lbo6r3msksihb64000vvla.jpg.ff2b6a7572ce34979894c7a0f25de81d.jpg

Here is an image from rcdb.com showing the conceptual trains. Look more like their Eurofighter vehicles than their spinning vehicles.

Also, I found another reason why the word filter rules:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1238040#p1238040

Next year we are busy doing more classics like grape flavored fruit chew coaster trains and Bobsled Coasters, but also some more firsts, such as our newly-designed 8-passenger launch vehicles.

Edited by ernierocker

I think the problem in the US is basically because there are a relatively small number of rather large companies that don't care about the upkeep and innovation, as opposed to Germany and Western Europe in general where the fair scene is dominated by smaller, family owned companies that need to keep their rides clean, pretty, insane, and have to keep bringing new rides in to keep people coming.

^Great way of looking at it. Carnivals and the "Carnys" that run them have had a poor reputation for as long as I can remember. I guess, in some ways, that makes them so much fun! There don't seem to be as many carnivals as there were when I was a kid (early 80s).

This new coaster at Tripsdrill looks incredible. All that with comfy lap bars; sorry Alton I just realized how close the word 'Alton' is to 'Anton'. Anton would definitely not approve of Smiler's restraints.

The trains mainframe are looking like standard Eurofighter trains like on Fluch - so I expect no major technical problems on this one....

Tripsdrill's trains look absolutely massive and heavy compared to normal Euro Fighter trains, probably to accommodate the huge clamshell lap restraint.

This new coaster at Tripsdrill looks incredible. All that with comfy lap bars; sorry Alton I just realized how close the word 'Alton' is to 'Anton'. Anton would definitely not approve of Smiler's restraints.

I think that he would. Do Olympia Looping and Thriller (yes, I know it was modified) suddenly not exist?

What would you rather have - a coaster like this with a lap restraint or a coaster like Smiler which has double the capacity (and theoretically half the queue) but just so happens to have shoulder harnesses? I honestly think that Schwarzkopf would have gone the capacity route, but he's obviously dead so I can't answer for him.

I can't wait to see this coaster in action. It does look rather awesome.