TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Oct. 13th, 20th & 27th

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^Yeah, I usually hear radio announcements about this. The firehouse, I guess, also creates a haunted house off-site. In a book that I have about the park, I heard that they also open the shops during Xmas time (no rides are open then).

They've been doing that for 3-4 years now. I think it's a good idea. They put too much work in the Antique Cars for it to run for only one night at PPP. IIRC, they charged $3 for the Phoenix and $2 for the cars. That's still a lot of riding for $10-20. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, Phoenix Junction is open for refreshments too.

^ Yeah, no chain saw guy in the queue this year. After our second ride, I remarked to my friend that there was nothing in the trash can they have placed along the off ramp. We weren't at the next switchback when we heard the horn going off and some girls screaming.

I didn't ride the Antique Cars this year (didn't want to wait in line), but I heard they did a great job with them. From the Phoenix lift hill I could see the mini-coaster they built in the haunted amusement park section. People were raving about that. I might go back to check out the Cars plus get a few more dark rides on Phoenix.

The coffin wasn't working when I was there, and I didn't notice a noisy trashcan either. The most interesting thing I saw at Twister was the coins glued to the exit ramp, and hardly anybody even stopped to try to pick them up anyway.