TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America Accident

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What irritates me is that that one woman said she's never coming back even though she loves amusement parks. It was an freaking accident! It could have happened anywhere!

A few weeks ago I asked my friends if they would rather go to SFKK or Holiday World and one replied with, "Holiday World, because I actually want to keep my feet...." I HATE it when people say things like that over a freak accident that could have happened anywhere!

The media loves to find any kind of event and exaggerate the crap out of it just to make it sensational. Because that's what they cater to. Americans just love to see anything violent or "horrible" on the news and the media has to give it to them in order to compete with other media outlets.

This reminds me of that one "BREAKING NEWS" story that a local Texas TV station did when a train on Titan at SFOT was E-Stopped on the lift-hill and they had helicopter footage of it and had "up-to-the-minute updates on all the terrified people on the ride." So stupid.

--Robb "I'm going back to Japan where they have less rules and fewer stupid people..." Alvey

*END RANT*

I'm getting Robb an annual pass to Fuji-Q!

No really, the video shows photos of the ride at the top of the loop. I thought at first the coaster stopped at the top of the loop! That doesn't happen due to a thing called gravity.

Ah hell, it got stuck at the top of the lift. I got stuck at the brake run of SheiKra once. Dang, I should have called the local TV station so they can say all hell broke loose during the stuck time! I could have had my 15 minutes of fame!

Oh Noes!11! Teh c0aster g0t stuck on the liftzor! Run for your lives!!!

Well, that's how I envision the general public when a coaster has an e-stop or a 'malfunction.' I'm surprised our ride on V2 didn't make it on the news where it got stuck just past the station on it's final pass. We waited about 5 minutes in an area where there was no station pad below us...just dirt and weeds. Oh no....an accident happened...I'm now going to sue the guy down the street because I feel like it and the ride got stuck!

/end sarcasm.

And how can someone get injured by being in a stationary location? Gotta love the media.

OK, this is just plain DUMB!

1. That lady sure moved her head around a lot for a case of whiplash.

Yeah I watched that and right after the reporter said she claims to have whiplash she said she'd never visit the park again and you can see her move her neck up and down. Come on! I know if you really get whiplash you wouldn't be able to move your neck that much. I hate it how the news makes something like this a big story.

BEGIN RANT*

Wow, those people are really pathetic and stupid. I don't see why this is even news. Coasters get stuck on lift hills all the time. And what was with the one guy "...and then we heard the explosion." *WHAT?!?!* How the hell can there have been an explosion?!!?! Do you think the train is powered by gasoline or something?!?!

I also don't believe that anyone was really hurt. I *DO* believe that people want to say they are hurt to collect insurance money or sue.

It really pisses me off how freaking idiotic people are. My only shout out to them is this....

"Thanks Largo idiots! You guys have just made it so there will be MORE rules on all these rides!"

--Robb "I'm going back to Japan where they have less rules and fewer stupid people..." Alvey

*END RANT*

Come on Robb, do not hold anything back, tell us how you really feel.

Difference between other countries and the U.S.? LAWYERS.

Remember, this is the land of the million dollar hot cup of coffee from McDonalds.

I was riding Firehawk at KI this year and at the bottom of the first drop when the train goes up and to the right, my left arm decided it wanted to continue to go straight and came out of my shoulder. Much pain, but when KI called and asked if they could do anything, I said no, KI did nothing to cause it. If I had not been doing the "Superman" thing and holding on to the handle, it would not have happened. I did get the first aid cart credit though and a bunch of morphine in the squad.

I can't stand all the drama. If you think the scariest thing that can happen to you in your life is getting stuck on a rollercoaster where nobody gets injured you are pathetic. Sure it would add a little excitement in your day, but in the end all the safety devices worked and everyone went home and has a good story to tell. Perhaps every drama king and queen needs to serve a tour in Iraq to understand how fortunate we are and to stop thinking that every time something in our lives is not perfect that somehow we are a victim.

That ride seems to spend more time down than up.

Nah, that distinction goes to Skull Mountain or the ex-Typhoon Seacoaster. Frankly, I'm not shocked by all this. The same exact media blitz for the same issue happened about 2 years ago, but that one had live coverage by both WJZ and WUSA, two local network affiliates from Baltimore and Washington respectively. So they had the news helicopters focused on Two-Face and it's car stuck on the lift hill. Woopty doo. It's idiotic, but it's not shocking unfortunately.

This must be a slow news day, since this just appeared on the local news in San Diego. This doesn't get me mad though. I think it's funny. (Unless some new stupid rule gets implemented on all similar coasters)

Okay, I'm going to take a different angle than the rest of the lemmings in this thread.

Honestly, if I got stuck on the lift of a Vekoma ride at Six Flags America, I may be a little scared too. And I don't think MANY of you can deny that you would as well. I have been stuck a couple times before, never more than 20 minutes though.

And please, if you want to blame someone, blame the darn local news, showing about 4 pics of the ride inverting and zero pics of the ride stuck on the lift hill. It's not fair to call out the couple, who were PAYING customers and I'm sure didn't want 1:30 of their day being spent stuck on a ride. Sure, they overreacted, but remember that it was up to the news to edit their interview, and it was the news that showed the ride inverting 4 times.

You can't expect every customer to realize that "these things happen all the time." They don't eat, sleep, and breath thrill rides like we do.

Yea...Lame*10. I was just at CP sunday and low and behold, MF had to be E-Stopped because someone took their belt off. So naturally, they were stuck. Of course Im sure alot of the riders had no clue, but when it came back around they asked if anyone would like to leave and only one person did - a little kid. No one was like "OMG! ITS BROKEN!"

Then, Raptor got stuck twice and subsequently shut down. Did I hear anyone freaking out over that? No.

Watching stuff like that really makes my blood boil if I think about it too long.

^Depends. I was stuck on MF for 30 minutes - LOVED it. Even my fiance said it was great to just sit back, relax and enjoy the view. Its not like youll be going anywhere, falling out or the ride collapsing. Some people overreact. I personally think if you are going to overreact like that you shouldnt ride coasters. Theres too many inherant dangers that people think shouldnt happen and the fact is, it can. I wonder if shes been in a car accident? Does she still travel by car then?

but you can expect the normal person too. They should be smart enough to read the signs. Its printed in a large, bold letters on all coaster signs at CP.

When did Americans lose all possible logical thought process?

The news greatly exaggerated the story. That is what they do in Washington, D.C. This is Prince George's County on a Saturday night, the new crews know if your looking for a story on a Saturday night, send a crew to the Maryland, D.C. border and wait.

Nobody was stuck upside/down. They were stuck on the lift. The way Two Face is made, your either in a really relaxing position and or your leaning against your shoulder restraints.

So, everyone saying this is perfectly normal ocurrance, how many of you have been sprayed with hydraulic fluid when returning to the station and how many of have slammed into a closed brake.

Bitch at the news media for sensationalizing the story and trolling for sound bites, but don't bitch at those on the ride and call them names. They spent two hours of their life stuck on a ride. Most of them probably don't know a thing about coasters and really fearing for their life.

and how many of have slammed into a closed brake.

Every time your on a roller coaster. What do you think slows you down? A closed brake. The brakes are no more forceful during an e-stop than during a regular stop. The only difference, its on a different location they got stopped than normal. And plus, they were on a lift, if it stopped on the lift, they were just going to be hanging there in no danger at all.

--David