TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America Accident

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*BEGIN RANT*

Wow, those people are really pathetic and stupid. I don't see why this is even news. Coasters get stuck on lift hills all the time. And what was with the one guy "...and then we heard the explosion." *WHAT?!?!* How the hell can there have been an explosion?!!?! Do you think the train is powered by gasoline or something?!?!

I also don't believe that anyone was really hurt. I *DO* believe that people want to say they are hurt to collect insurance money or sue.

It really pisses me off how freaking idiotic people are. My only shout out to them is this....

"Thanks Largo idiots! You guys have just made it so there will be MORE rules on all these rides!"

--Robb "I'm going back to Japan where they have less rules and fewer stupid people..." Alvey

*END RANT*

^^Thank you so much. I could not have said it better myself. And the news cast doesnt make it any better.

They showed a whole bunch of STILL shots of the train in the loop and on the cobra roll, making people believe it was stuck UPSIDE down. I can not stand idiotic people!

What was the other accident on that ride?

--Robb "I'm going back to Japan where they have less rules and fewer stupid people..." Alvey

ANYWHERE but America has less rules and fewer stupid people.

What irritates me is that that one woman said she's never coming back even though she loves amusement parks. It was an freaking accident! It could have happened anywhere! What did Six Flags do that was so horrible? They wouldn't purposely make a ride malfunction so they can get sued, pay money, and lose customers! I wish people could think sometimes. Just think...

BTW, my pet monkey thought of what I just typed. He isn't that smart either.

How the hell do you get whiplash from the train being released from the cable trolley? An explosion? Bullshit! Hydraulic fluid??? Well, okay, no comment there, I dont have much of an Idea on how the cable car works. But seriously. WTF????? TBH, I wouldn't be very happy stuck 137ft in the air for 2 hours, I'd be all "Get me the f**k offa this!!!!" because I'm a wee bit scared of heights. But come on.

And Robb, I almost forgot to say, thank you for summing up my exact thoughts in advance!

All I can say is "Deja Vu."

This isn't the first time a usual breakdown on this exact coaster has made headlines because "OMG it was stuck on the lift/cobra roll!"

It also made headlines a few months ago and back in 2003 (and that bit of news went national).

I wouldn't be surprised if Two Face is removed in the future.

I read about the article on comcast.net under there fan videos, which can only be access if you have a comcast.net account. Anyway , from what i heard the train releaased and as it hit the station and since there was a hydraulic leak that was spraying onto rider below the brakes were closed and the riders came off one of the hills to a dead stop in the station brakes, causing a quick stop. They did not specify whether it was the lift hill out of the station or the second hill comming back into the station back wards, but they did say that riders were sitting on one of the hills for 2 and half hours before dropping and then hitting the brakes hard and two were in serious injuries had to be taken to the hosopital.

This is on comcast.net -> click on link below and then find the link for six flags america.

http://www.comcast.net/providers/fan/popup.html?v=546732603&pl=546330025.xml&launchpoint=Cover&cid=fancover&attr=home_teaser&viewmode=ClassicMode&cvqh=home_britneyLeak&config=%2Fconfig%2Fcommon%2Ffan%2Fhome%2Exml

IT WAS STUCK ON A LIFT HILL?!? CNN must have seen that news story because this morning they were reporting that a coaster was stuck upside down. They didn't say what coaster and they didn't have any video.

And for believing that she has whiplash, she sure is moving her neck around a lot.

OK, this is just plain DUMB!

1. That lady sure moved her head around a lot for a case of whiplash. Would she rather careen out of control down the track, crash, wind up in traction or worse, than have the safety system do it's job, give her a minor jolt and keep her safe enough to walk away?

2. Hey CNN, where did they get stuck? Lift hill or upside down on the loop? Anchor said one thing and a couple different pictures showed something else. Oh, and the sky is not falling. The ride just got stuck. Geez! You'd think people were ejected from the restraints, bodies on fire, their heads decapitated, spraying blood, and the ride was collapsing at the same time. Way over dramatized.

These people just don't have the sense given a common horse.

They must have just thrown that story together in 5 minutes!! They didn't even take on picture of the the ride! They got all the pictures form the Six Flags website!! O yeah, I loved the highlighted text part! That lady did not have wiplash!! And I doubt that there was an explosion! Hey be thankful, it could be worse!

Okay, is it just me or is the GP getting more stupid every day?! This is probably the stupidest thing I've heard on the news recently. I agree with everyone else, there was no way that woman had wiplash, there was no explosion either. sheesh, they just released them from the lift hill and the station brakes stopped them a little too hard. Get some common sense people. Things like this happen all the time!