TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island's Halloween Haunt!

Hey everyone!

I am happy to say that I have experienced everything KI's HH has to offer. Here's my take on it along with some FAQ, videos, and pictures!

Overall:

Way better than last year. Theming is everywhere! Scarezones are beefed up, and mazes have more monsters.

When to go?

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Why? 15-20 minute or shorter lines for the attractions, and little to no line for the rides. Saturday - lines for everything are PACKED.

Is Club Blood really rated "R"?

I my opinion, no. It should be rated MA for more mature audiences (16 and up) because of the risque talk, women in revealing outfits, and blood, blood, blood! It's everywhere! The walls, all over the actors, and sometimes, almost on YOU! There were park managers and staff at the entrance to this and if they saw a group of 10 year olds without a parent, they would not let them enter. (Which was the case for a croup of little kids infront of us) This is NOT for the squemish.

What is the scariest attraction?

As far as mazes/houses, deffinately Massacre Manor. I go to these thing to be scared, and usually, I don't. THIS scared me about 10 times. I was really nervous about halfway through.

As far as fearzones, deffinately CornSTALKERS. They freakin' seperate you from your group, surround you, follow you, and jump out of no where! It was an A+.

What rides/coasters are open?

Almost everything except:

Top Gun closes at 6

Tomb Raider still down

Zepher

Carosel

Scrambler

NOTE: Nick U closes at 6 on Saturdays and is closed on Friday.

The Atmoshere:

Fog, fog, fog, fog, fog. It's everywhere. You can't avoid it.

Action Zone: is now turned into an alien themed scare zone called Waste Land. There are sliders, biohazard scientists, aliens, scare actors, and animatronics.

Coney Mall: It's a circus theme. There are sliders roaming all over, and there are props from the Haunted Mansion in the patches of grass. Also, there are little 'stalls' serving body parts. Oh, and there are a few new food stops all over serving chicken legs and stuff.

Rivertown: Bloody bodies, hanging heads, sliders, and scareactors.

International Street: Right when you walk in, you are greeted by many monsters. If you walk out infront of the fountains you will see a big skull leaking fog. There is some really cool guy talking on a mic. with a REALLY freaky-cool voice.

The FearZones:

Note: You will need to wait in line for these, unlike last year.

The Cemetary:

It's where the Paramount Story was. I thought this was boring. It was just a bunch of monsters walking around. 4/10

The Worksite:

I was impressed with the fearzone, but not with the scaring. There were smashed cars, heavy machinery, and many monsters. Some of them, I didn't think belonged in there, or fit with the 'worksite' theme. But you gotta love the chainsaw guy at the end. 7/10

CornSTALKERS:

This was AWESOME. It had the perfect music: Slow, creepy feeling with a crow calling out from time to time. You can hear it in the video. The scareactors were all over, and you couldn't tell who was real and who wasn't. And the best part is, their costumes blend into the scenery (you are walking along a strait path, but you can't see out of it; lining the walls are corn, hay, and crates) There was one crawling on the ground, some standing still against the corn, and some hiding behind the crates. Now, you are let in at about 8 people at a time, and I was first. Within 20 seconds, all of us were split up. I stopped for a second or two and turned to see the rest of my group stopped by two scarecrows. I turn around, and one is staring right at me. (Kinda dark to see in the video) So I have to keep walking. I step around one thing crawling towards me on the ground and look up. Two scarecrows on each side only move their heads to watch me walk, then jump down infront of me and go "HEY!" (End of the video) From there on, my friend finally caught up to me and said she was lost aswell, and finally we made it out. VERY, very creepy. It's a simple walk, but the scare actors are so hard to see with the dim blue and green lights coupled with the fog. A+ 10/10

The Mazes:

Club Blood:

As I stated before, this is very gross: Blood, blood blood. It's all over everything. Sexy vampire chicks are pole dancing, wandering around, having babies, feasting on bodies, and on motorcycles (I won't say anymore ). You start off walking down an ally and end up at the entrance to the club. You walk past the DJ and into some back rooms. The bathroom (where there is a toilet covered in blood and sh*t with some poor guy in what looks like a diaper/boxers. He dances around. Then, you go into what I thought was a different level of the club, through some mirrors until you reach the basement. (Having to pass through hanging dead bodies first...) And there are strips of hanging plastic covered in blood that you need to part in order to get through. Eventually, you get to a hospital scene where a chick is having a baby...and it's the most disgusting thing I've seen. And then you exit after vampires begging you to stay and play.

Scary? Not really....

Disgusting? YES!

6.5/10

Massacre Manor:

This is a haunted house about a girl who was murdered and comes back to haunt and kill all those who enter. You start out walking through some random rooms with multiple scaractors. You can tell how the house gets darker and darker by the picture of the girl on the wall....same picture, but she goes from happy to freakin' pissed off! You wander through a closet with bloody clothes, down a hallway with closed doors; bedrooms with open closets (beware!); into the kitchen, the dining hall; and through her room. Then, it gets even worse. You enter a pitch black room with hair hanging from the ceiling that leads down to the basement. There, some guy is getting buzz sawed in half and some high school guy is getting the chair. After that, you are chased out and back to the midway.

Scary? YES! There are scaractors in the BEST places. You never expect anyone to pop out, but they do!

Disgusting? Yeah, some really grisly scenes in there.

10/10

Death Row:

This is truly a maze. It's a walk through a haunted prison with dead inmates. Fog, strobe lights, mirrors, and that pesky bass beat make this maze very nerve racking. If you aren't watching where you are going, you WILL run into a mirror. There are lurking scaractors behind fences and every plastic/cloth thing you have to part.

Scary? Yeah, there are some pretty scary parts.

Disgusting? The actors put on their own make up. And that's bad.

7.5/10

Trail of TERROR:

After a 5 minute walk along a road behind FoF and Firehawk, you reach the entrance. Some dead redneck asks if you are here for the feast and wedding. You walk down a path that makes you feel like you are in a cornfield. As you come out of that, you stop. There is a scaractor standing next to a pipe. He says, "Fun tunnel." In a low, dark voice. So you are forced to crawl through this damp tunnel, wondering what will happen. And nothing does. You crawl out and start walking up the famed spewing portal potty. Yup, it squirts water out at you! Then the group heads up to the grisly second half of the trail. You pass through severed heads, body parts, and whole bodies. Eventually, you exit the trail with a few chainsaw weilding maniacs. Yup, they scream and run around swinging their chainsaws over their heads until little girls cry.

Scary? At times, but for the most part no.

Disgusting? Do you like walking through hanging bodies?

7/10 It had potential, but it didn't deliver.

Tombstone TerrorTORY:

So you wait in a line to get on the KI Train. (15 minutes at the least)

Then you wait for everyone to find a seat. (5 minutes)

You ride back and listen to a stupid story about a guy killing people because the waitress asked to refill his Scotch.

You exit the train and walk to wait in line. (10 minutes)

So after about 20-30 minutes of waiting and walking, you start the trail.

You pass about 4-5 people at the bar where the guy shot everyone. Then you get onto the WWC trail where there is a HEAVILY fogged tunnel full of nothing. This slows everyone down, so there is a constant line going through, no more groups. You pass some people laying on the ground....either really dead or sleeping. And you walk pass some crates and eventually pass through another tunnel full of hanging heads.

Finally, you walk back into Rivertown with a big <--- on your face. You just wasted about 45 minutes of your time at Halloween Haunt.

Scary? NO! It's a constant line that walks slowly, passing dead bodies.

Disgusting? Kinda, a shed full of heads at the end.

LAME! 0/10

Can-Evil:

This is the 3-D clown maze! Not as good as previous years in the Festhaus, but it was more fun than scary. It was very cool going through each room with optical illusions, giant clowns, and scary clowns. You pass by doors with names of famous killers/scarers.

Scary? If you are afraid of clowns, yes.

Disgusting? Nope.

8.5/10 It's just really fun to walk through.

Red Beard's Revenge:

It goes outside for a bit, then inside. You pass through Red Beard's quarters and through many rooms of the 'ship' or whatever it would be. I didn't really like this so much. 75% of the scaractors had the CHEAPEST masks I have seen. Seriously, it's like they forgot about them and stopped by Walmart on the way up. There was the one chick who popped out and instead of yelling, screaming, or saying something frightening; she chose to say......"SCALLYWAG!" It was the funniest thing ever! And then...she said it again! We were laughing for the rest of the maze.

Scary? Kinda, but after that one chick....nope! LOL!

Disgusting? Not really, you do have to pass through a hallway of heads.

6/10

Shows:

Torture Chamber:

The Great Baldini puts his body to unnatural limits by weight lifting with his eye lids, hammering nails into his nose, laying on nails, eating fire, and much much more. It's a really cool show, and he's the Guiness Record holder for most weight hung on eyelids. It was creepy, but cool. check it out!

About 20-25 minute show. It's in the Paramount Theater

Dead Awakening:

This show is supposedly about a girl who wakes up in a nightmare...and starts to sing. I saw some of it, but had to leave due to time restrictions. The song "Hader to Breathe" by Maroon 5 was played, and it was a pretty good cover.

About 25 minute show, at the Theater by the Eiffel Tower.

Rides:

No sign of 2008 stuff.

SOB is rougher in the front than it is the back.

Everything else was really fun to ride in the dark and fog.

I am trying to get videos and pics up, so please be patient with this new camera.

Photos!

Who-Dey!

Wasteland at dusk

You really need to get ahead in life...AUSTIN! Oh, sorry...

It just opened and fog is already leaking into the arcade...yikes!

An unfortunate soul over in Rivertown. It was cool how there was a constant bloodflow from the neck

Red Beard's Revenge. (Sorry for the blurryness)

This guy was out infront on the mic. His voice was creepy-cool!

The Great Baldini playing with fire...he just put his little vest back on from a previous feat. (Thank God)

Baldini blowing some fire. I hadn't seen this in real life before.

The Action Zone Tower has been taken over!

I think this guy had something to do with it...but that's just me.

Yikes, now that thing is FREAKY! Just like the aliens in Alien, it jumps out and makes a screechy noise.

Giggity!

"Yeah, I'll take a large Backwash..."

Over to the Worksite. They let me take my camera in!

Laina does NOT like big vampire-bat-things sneaking up on her.

But it turns out the monster was lost and got directions from us, so he thanked us by letting me take his picuture with some friends.

One of the MANY from the FearZone: Cornstalkers. They let me take my camera in there too!

Some theming from the Haunted Mansion in Coney Mall

Entrance for Tombstone Terror-Tory....aka SUCKFEST.

I <3 my new camera!

Mr. Slider gets close with some terrified chick....while people take pics!

Yeah...trying to find the car in this = BAD

Thanks for reading! Videos should be up soon!

CornSTALKERS.zip

CornSTALKERS Video. Yeah, it's dark at times, but if you adjust your monitor you'll be fine.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, Zach... help me out here. I am being forcibly dragged to this on Friday night, and Samantha wants to go too, mostly because our friend's two daughters are going and they are not scared. I am scared. Never gone to one of these in my life because I'M FREAKING SCARED!!! And Samantha crawls in my lap watching CSI, so.... here are my questions:

First of all, I am ignorant. What the hell is a slider? Robb mentions them too, so clearly this is one of those theme park words I should know but don't.

How "touchy" do these people get? Are they allowed to touch you? What happens if Sammi just completely freaks out...will they back off or does that just give them more incentive to bother us?

Is there any way to get to the rides without having to specifically walk through the scarier zones. I think we will be ok with just random monsters and creeps, but I am already getting nervous at the idea of walking through any of the things you described.

Thanks,

Shari

Hey Shari!

Sliders are scare actors who are dressed up and wear pads on their knees, hands, and other parts of their body so that they can run, jump, and then slide on the concrete for a short distance.

The effect? Screechy noise and someone poping up from behind you!

The scareactors will NOT and can NOT touch you. The funny thing is, if you don't act like you are scared...you will not be touched! I did an experiment the last time I was there...

a - I walked around casuly with my friends and saw many scareactors pass by, looking for victims. When they walked by I hardly looked up.

b - When one walked by, I went "OMG!!!" And he immediately STOPPED dead in his tracks and turned around, and followed me for a good minute.

So if you don't act like you are bothered, then you won't be!

Friday is a great day to go because you two can ride all the ride you want with short lines!

The ActionZone is full of monsters. But they aren't really scary like other ones. The other scare zones aren't open to just walk in and out when you want, there is a line for them. The only thing you need to wory about are the sliders and random scare actors. 40% of them will be at the entrance of the park.

Just remember! If you see one coming, just don't even pay attention to them. Oh, and stay in your group with possible....and some garlic and crosses should keep those vampires away!

This should help!

-Zach

How "touchy" do these people get? Are they allowed to touch you? What happens if Sammi just completely freaks out...will they back off or does that just give them more incentive to bother us?

The scare actors are NOT allowed to touch park guests. They CAN and WILL get right in your face, but physical contact is prohibited due to potential legal prosecution for alleged sexual harrassment or assault.

Some notes: Freaking out in the slightest bit or screaming will draw attention to yourself from monsters around you and they will go out of their way to scare you even more. I have had friends that have screamed real loud at just the SIGHT of a monster approaching and the monsters would CHASE them on foot.

On the flipside, not reacting to the monsters makes them go away. They know if they can't scare you the first time, they'll just be wasting their time.

I saw this pic on a KI fansite and thought it was REALLY funny. I have to look for it next time I am there.

Speaking of next trip...I'm going Friday night from 7-11. Anyone wana meet up? PM me for contacts. Also, I'm working every Sunday, so don't be afraid to say hey if you see me!

-Zach

ronnyHH07jpg072909jsds.thumb.jpg.1a5eec9c073a268d44f1620079d1452c.jpg

"The Wiggles Cast"

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents on the Bare Bones nights at the Haunt. I went last night and there was absolutely NO ONE in the park. We walked in to all the houses and on all the rides. They were even allowing you to remain in your seat for re-rides. Now...it was in the low 40's which probably cut down on attendance, but we had a blast none-the-less! Definitely couldn't be beaten for the $15 admission.