TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wild Rides in Water

The red Patriot's Plunge (inner tube slide) has a full double dip. It's a double rider raft, and with the weight of two people, the raft actually lifts off of the slide for a second. It was totaly awsome and scary!

Patriot's Plunge now only has single rider rafts. I wonder if that is why. I'll have to try the red slide next summer.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waterworld in Denver has a ride called "Screamin Mini" where you ride a sled down a track and glide across the water at the bottom of the drop. It's pretty awesome.

At Waterworld USA in Sacramento (shortly before it became Raging Waters) I was riding down the "Great White" tube slide with my brother and a friend and I jumped off the front of the tube. I got yelled at once in the splashdown. Good times!

Years ago at Wet and Wild Orlando there was this enclosed slide called Black Hole, I went on with this girl who was a bit lighter than me, and half way through we somehow managed to do a full 360 and both fell out of the raft and wound up arriving down at the bottom at separately.

Where do I start? I seem to always have 'incidents' at waterparks.

Wet and Wild Orlando, the aforementioned Black Hole. I was riding with a buddy and as we hit one of the curves, we both came out of the raft, getting to the splash pool separately -him ahead of the mat, me behind it... I have no idea how to this day.

On Der Stuka, as I got to the water runway, I somehow managed to kip across the top of the water like a very large pebble instead of splashing down.

On the Storm, I got to the bowl part and noticed I was slowing down. Then, just before I reached the hole that drops you into the splash pool, I stopped completely. I sat for what seemed like ages wondering what the hell to do. In the end I shuffled toward the hole on my ankles and butt and sheepishly dropped through, swallowing most of the splash pool as I did.

At Disney's Typhoon Lagoon, if you are a big guy (like I am) you may want to think twice about riding the Crush 'N' Gusher.

That, or wear shorts with a reinforced seat. Believe me, it may have 'gravity defying uphill climbs' but the jets of water that force you up the hill come out of metal grills that REALLY hurt!

I can only remember myself falling out once. My cousin and I were on The Black Hole at Wet N Wild Las Vegas (RIP) we flipped over pretty early in the course. It was still fun nonetheless.

It happens from time to time to all people big and small. If the raft hits a turn just right, out you go. I have a feeling they make slides so that if you fall out, its no big deal as long as you can orient yourself facing the correct direction.

One ride everyone seems to fall out of are those "Raging Rapids-type" slides where its slide, then pool, then slide, then pool. Because there are so many people going at once, you get bunched up and flips happen all the time.

One ride everyone seems to fall out of are those "Raging Rapids-type" slides where its slide, then pool, then slide, then pool. Because there are so many people going at once, you get bunched up and flips happen all the time.

I cant stand them when they also introduce the rubber rings too... i actually crated a vaccuum compromising of my fat and the rubber ring, this ended up with me stopping near the bottom of the slide party (deliberately) and my friends coming down and bumpiog into me at a decent speed... It was great fun because they bounced back quite a bit

The only problem I have had with water slides was when I was little and at Waldameer. The Bermuda Triple slide tower thing. I was up for the middle one and asked the guard if it was okay if pushed off, he said it was okay so I pushed off and before I knew it "HI" to the top of the slide then in another instant I slammed on the slide nearly at the bottom. needless to say I don't push off anymore Man did that hurt. Last time I went they had a big sign that said no pushing off. I can't find a pic at the moment.

It has now been a week and I am able to remove the water proof wrap off my arm, but sadly no gore. All that you can see now is what looks like different coloured skin....will try to get more recent pics up in future, trust me when I say there will be others.

To make up for it I guess I will just have to post some pics from Dreamworld and Whitewaterworld next weekend after our next visit. Either that or I could post what happens when you try to take out your own eye with a pair of electrical pliers.....your call.

I've had my share of experiences...first off, this one was more embarrassing. I was at a local waterslide with these ghetto foam mats. I had just stepped into the slide at the top, layed the mat down and got ready to put my foot on it so that I could get on it. Sure enough, the gushing water causes the mat to slip away and next thing I knew, I had a runaway raft. Luckily, the person behind me gave me their mat. Secondly, those family raft rides are evil. (Well, if you're only holding on with 1 hand they are). During my ride, I got all of the walls, and on each bank, I got flung up and into the center of our raft. I was expecting that I was going to be ejected from the raft and just body slide it down. The other 2 riding with me were laughing so hard they couldn't get out at the end. Now, that was a fun ride. Lastly, my dad decided to ride solo on a 2 person raft ride. His tube was half inflated and we're waiting at the end for him to come out. Sure enough, we see him coming out of the pitch black slide backwards. Somewhere during his ride, he completely turned around. Good times...