TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood Photos & Video

Well Robb, since I haven't seen you post your HHN FL trip plans any place but here, I figured I would ask you my questions in this thread.

First, are you guys going to be doing the R.I.P. tour this year?

Also, I'm sure you guys are gonna get the express passes.

What I'm getting at is, I'm gonna be there on that day, so after the past 2 years of trying to meet with you all there, I finally get too. But I'm not sure I can come up with the extra 70 bucks for the pass for that night.

So what do you think my chances are of enjoying some TPR goodness after all these years?

Maybe I can take up a collection, if just 70 TPRs send me a buck, I'm golden!

On a side note, from earlier in this post, I wish HHN FL would stop selling alcohol, it would be a little more enjoyable, but we all know that wont happen.

Well that's all I got, let me know some info when you get a chance Robb.

Thanks

P All "patiently waiting for 3 more weeks"

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the entire event was hands down better than ANY other haunt in So Cal. We went Saturday night and thought the Terror Tram was 100 times better this year. We were moved along but took plenty of pictures, got scared a lot and saw all the New Line Icons doing there thing. The bates motel and elm street were AWESOME. The actors were full of energy and really in your face. I also highly recommend the Bill and Ted show.

i am a responsible adult. i understand why there isn't alcohol at Disneyland. but when this is an adult event which doesn't even have ticket prices for children...there should be a place to purchaes alcohol for responsible adults. yes, i've been to Knott's and HHN at both Hollywood and Orlando. there were drunk idiots there, there were fools there...but they did nothing to us. that's what security is for. personally, this is ridiculous and i am very, very disappointed. they should tell folks on the ticket/website, "this is an adult event with no alcohol." $258 for two people, i should be allowed to purchase a beer while watching folks get scared in a scary zone. period.

I've been to parties. People can turn into dicks when they've had to much alcohol. Last year there was still plenty of drinking going on at Universal, just not inside of the park. There were plenty of people to be found puking in the bushes as I was exiting the park.

But still, enjoy your vacation. No one's saying you can't drink a little, but they are saying that you won't be able to drink at the event. That's a good thing, because even if YOU are responsible, there are TONs and TONS and TONS of people same age and older who are not responsible at all. I don't know if you've ever dealt with a mean drunk like a theme park but it really is not fun at all. It kills the fun for the security, why should he have to argue with some one who is clearly stepping out of bounds? It kills it for any employee's the people harassed to begin with, and it kills it for the rest of the guests around them. So by not selling it, it gets rid of the problem for the most part.

THen you just have to worry about the kidz wondering around on some other substances but they're nice for the most part, they're just a little stupid.

But enjoy your vacation, it's fun to be sober.

Wow, totally sucks that you guys couldn't take pictures on the Terror Tram of Crapola(it really wasn't up to par with everything else in the park). I went on Saturday and was able to take a couple of pictures(with Norman Bates, and the end, where Jack is Killing that chick like no tomorrow). I LOVED the Bill and Ted Show! I remember watching videos from it on youtube of the ones in Florida, and I was SO exicted to see it come to Hollywood! Sadly, I couldn't go in any of the mazes because most of them have strobe lighting, but many of my friends told me that Nightmare on Elm St was one of the best ones! I'm very proud of Universal, because it really stepped up this year! As for Knotts....umm...not really much to say, because nothing is really new...except for Beuwolf....that's about it.

Hey Robb, it seems to me that this forum is turning into a East coast/West coast, my Universal is better than your Universal rivalry. I'm also seeing alot of I just joined this website and I'm going to post something in a forum that I have no idea what I am talking about mentality, don't you think?Who cares who has the better event, just be glad that you can go to an event like this on both coasts and have a good time.

^ There is always going to be some of that. Whether it's HHN, Disney parks, your local Six Flags park, etc.

You have to remember that most people do not get to go to BOTH versions of an event, so therefore *their* version is the better one.

I rarely take anyone's opinion seriously that hasn't experienced both sides of what they are comparing.

--Robb

Hey Robb, it seems to me that this forum is turning into a East coast/West coast, my Universal is better than your Universal rivalry.

Unless someone deleted the posts you're referring to, I'm not seeing any rivalry. I do see people commenting a lot on the Florida event in this thread, but that's to be expected since it's the established event everyone knows.

I have been wanting to go to HHN for years now. Ever since I saw the show about it on the travel channel I have been waiting for a chance to go. I had such high expectations for some of the stuff and felt a little disappointed. Their shows were fantastic. "Slauterworld" in the Waterworld theater had great stunts, funny script, and never ending sex jokes! Bill & Teds was great as well. When I finally made it to a maze, I waited for over an hour. The sets themselves were good but we were so crammed in the house, it takes away from the scariness. By the time we made it out of the one maze, it was time for the park to close. I also felt ripped by the Terror Tram since, again, I saw your video from last year and expected way more than what I got. Plus the monsters just stood there and hardly moved. I don't know if I was just there on a bad night, but I will try not to judge it too badly. Maybe I will try it again later this month.

I have been wanting to go to HHN for years now...

When I finally made it to a maze, I waited for over an hour.

Ok, I feel that I need to do a little bit of shameless promotion for my work. On Saturday, the Texas Chainsaw maze was at a 90 minute wait as Joey has already mentioned. We DO sell front of the line passes, which are good for all mazes, the Terror Tram, the shows, as well as the rides. Sure it does cost $129(but this includes park entry), but think about it, you will wait no longer than 10 minutes for some of the mazes(as to what I've heard from some of the guests). Also, if you have been waiting ever so long to attend to such an event, I'm pretty sure one would want to enjoy every minute of it in the best way possible. And that best way is purchasing a Front of Line Pass!

Ok, promoting is over!

Sandfire, I would also STRONGLY suggest if you do go back, get to the park about 30 minutes before opening and do mazes FIRST. Do not wait until after you see some shows to do the mazes. As you've seen, that's when everyone else is doing them first. We didn't even need our Gate A (front of the line passes) for the first two mazes we did in the first hour the event was open.

And then we waited until the crowd was at the lower lot to come back up and do House of Horrors and Friday the 13th again, with under a 5 minute wait.

Navigate the park smart and you'll be ahead of the crowd the entire time.

--Robb

^ Agreed.

We hit Friday the Thirteenth and Nightmare on Elm Street first. We than did Terror Tram, than Chainsaw and Jurassic Park. We went up to the top of the lot at around 10:20 and watched the Bill and Ted show, hit Friday again, one more ride on the Terror Tram and called it a night!

All of that without using our Gate A's because we navigated the park well. Most of the time that's all it takes!

Perhaps some of you that went to opening weekend can help me out with some info...

My roommate and I are thinking about heading down there for Saturday, October 13th. Common sense, along with the website, tells us to arrive early. About how early would you recommend?

I may have to go into the office for a few hours in the morning, hopefully wrapping up about 2p or so. Without heavy traffic its usually about a 4 hour drive, but seeing as how we wouldnt be getting into LA until a peak traffic time would it be worth it to try? I see its open until 2a, and I know USH isn't very big, but I want to make sure we'd get our money's worth.

Any info would be appreciated.