TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your 2005 Travel Plans - Where are you going?

VEGAS BABY-what should I do first?

as far as rides

Hit up the far end of the Strip ( Speed The Ride, Stratosphere and Adventuredome) you can pretty much hit all of these in a single day. Then spend the rest of the time roaming around, most of the Hotels are worth going in and wandering around, and the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay is worth doing, just watch out for the Togo death machine and New York New York

And if you're into simulator rides, the one at Caesar's Palace is particularly cool. It's in 3-D and IMAX.

Just did my first SFMW visit today, but it's only 40 miles away.

In June: SFGAdv, SFA, PKD, BGW. Prolly a midweek jaunt to SFMM and KBF later this summer, and SCBB sometime.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I noticed this Topic before, but did't

Allready Visted - Toverland in Jan and Disneyland Paris & Jardin D Acclimatation and PBB in Feb (19th Feb Opening Weekend).

March - PBB (12th March) / Pleasureland,Southport (13th March Opening Weekend) / Alton Towers (14th & 15th March) / Thorpe Park (16th March Opening Day) / Chessington (17th March).

April - Blackpool Bash (RCCGB Event) / Camelot / Gulliver's Warrington / Oakwood

May - Parc Asterix / Fair Du Trone / Jardin D Acclimatation / Oakwood / Walbi Belgium / Leisberg / Farup Sommerland.

June - Port Aventura / Tibidabo / Movie World Madrid / Parque de Atracciones Madrid.

August - MegaGlow Mania (RCCGB Event) / Thorpe / Cedar Point (Hopefully)

September - Holiday Park (With a Fab Opening Time, Opens at 9am and Closes at 12am )/ Movie World Madrid / Walbi World Holland / Mirabilandia.

October - Loopathon = Alton & Drayton Manor (RCCGB Event)

November - Islands Of Adventure / Busch Gardens / Sea World / Universal Studios / Tivoli Gardens.

And maybe Few others trips might be plan to Bobbejaanland/Bellewaerdepark/Efteling/Flamingoland/Lightwater Valley and One or Two ECC trips.

An quite busy Year for me with Lots of New Parks not visted before and some revisted like Port Aventura/Oakwood

Not a whole lot in the way of traveling. Wisconsin Dells will be as far as I go (or at least I'm planning). However, I have a Valleyfair pass, so who knows? WOF or CP if I feel impulsive enough. As for when, either on June 10 to meet up with Chris Godsey's Midwest Coaster Trek, or Labor Day weekend, along with the Minnesota State Fair.

Robb, when will you be in Wisconsin Dells? I might make an excuse to head down there.

Paul

I will be visiting my local park SFGAM and also going to Wisc. Dells too Mt. Olympus.

Also planning a trip to PA in early August and will go to Hershey Park, Dorney Park but not certain if i should hit Knoebbels/Kennywood or qany other park inthe state. Will also visit historic sites like Gettsyburg etc while in the state for 9 days.

I have my BGT and IOA/USF passes so I'm sure I'll be back at all those parks.

June Roadtrip:

SFoG

SFAm

SFGAdv

Wildwood Piers (maybe, I think I'd rather spend time in NYC instead)

Lake Compounce

SFNE

Dorney

Knoebels

Hershey

I don't see myself going to any other parks because of how much that road trip is going to cost me!

The beginning of May, I'll be heading to Cedar Point. The end of May I'll be going to my home park, Kennywood. June, I already set plans to visit Dorney Park, Hershey Park, Geauga Lake. July the week of my birthday (7/13) I'm going to Busch Gardens Tampa & Virgina, Paramount's Kings Island. Take a break and then head back to Kennywood on the last day before college starts up again.

You all are so lucky!!

I haven't money to do all your trip..but I'd like so much..!!

BUT..20days and I'll be in Cal(fist time)..so I could go to SFMM..and perhaps to Knott's too!!:D

And this summer I&my sister will go to Alton Towers (+Thorpe Park+ Chessington or Drayton Manor) ...this is a lucky year for me...because 2months ago i went to Paris (DLP+DMS) if all go in the right way...6or7 parks in 1year...my record!:D

I know this is for certain for my summer plans.

May 7th is CP's opening day for me.

May 28-30th Saturday is GL and Sunday is KW....for any that want to meet up I will have about 15-20 enthusiasts with me, yeah I know what was I thinking and maybe Monday Waldameer and Delgrosso's but not sure if they are open on weekdays yet.

Late June (not sure yet) my FL trip get my 3 credits at BGT...haven't been there in awhile.

July 17th KennyKon (hope to see some of you there)

Last week of August......

Hitting SFNE, Lake Compounce, SFGadv, Dorney, and if Eric has his way I need to make it to Hershey otherwise someone will be REALLY mad at me

this season i'll visit in Europe :

Parc Asterix

Parc Saint Paul

Bagatelle

Walibi Belgium

Bobbejaanland

Efteling

Europa Park not sure

California trip beginning of June ( hope to meet Robb and Elissa at SFMM)

Disneyland Resort

Universal Studios Hollywood

Knotts Berry Farm

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Castle Park if enough time

Since I will be doing a show in Roanoke, VA for 6 weeks this summer, I am hoping to spend my one day off each week at the following parks: Dollywood, Six Flags America, King's Dominion, and Busch Gardens VA. When the show ends, I plan to drive up to see the family in Cleveland with stops at King's Island and Cedar Point.

Driving BACK down to Orlando will necessitate stops at Six Flags Over Georgia, POSSIBLY Wild Adventures, and then home to Orlando.

I am still hoping to make it out to CA for Disney's 50th with stops at Knotts and Magic Mountain. And since I am in NYC about once every two months, perhaps a trip to Six Flags Great Adventure would be in order.

Still haven't made it out to Cypress Gardens yet!

I'm pretty sure I posted on this board already, but I have a few more plans. Not exactly "trips" though. You know, I go to some parks with friends/family once in a while, and what not.

-I'm probably going to hit Darien Lake once or twice in May

-The 8th graders (I'm one of them ) in my school are going to Darien Lake for a field trip June 21st(?) I think.

-In July and August I usually go to the parks a few times. I'm probably going to OZZFEST at the end of July too!!!! *Devil horns*

-I'm not sure when, but I'm going to Chicago to visit family and then we're going to Great America!

What is everyone else doing this year?

--Robb

Memorial Week Trip - fly to Clevelqand - Conneaut Lake Park, Martins Fantasy Island, Waldameer, Geauga Lake and 3 days at CP.

Some weekend trips in NE (Lake Compounce, Rye) and FL (IOA)

Fantasy Island isn't all that great if you're just looking for coasters (and if you've been there a lot previously). It's still cool; BUT, they just got rid of their best ride (which was a stupid move) so they're putting in a Zamperla Spinning Wild Mouse.

Needless to say though, your trip sounds fun!

I just made some plans today!!

This summer, I'm staying at Cedar Point for a week (or a little less) once in July and August. I'm taking a few friends.

Also, I'm taking one of my more-brave friends to Marine Land. But NOT for the animals lol. There's a 450(?) foot drop tower, and there's some rides there, and one coaster that, from what I've heard, is pretty cool.

HALLOWEEN ORLANDO TRIP (sorry I shouted that one out but I am very excited about this one) HHN in IoA and US (or wathever park they will have it in if not both this year) A lot of Disney and Discovery Cove.

the rest of the year.

Disneyland Resort Paris (as many times as I can make it over there but with my Orlando trip coming up I don't think I'll be there with my normal average of 10 times a year)

Disneyland Resort Paris New Year Celebration... tradition is hard to break

I might be running into some people at some European parks like Bobbejaanland...

I need to go to Walibi World this year...

And a visit to Phantasialand is also on my wish list.

If I make it and they have a Halloween event, I'll be visiting Movie World in Germany too this year...

See you in the parks...