TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come be filmed on Kemah's Boardwalk Bullet!

I must say that the Bullet was one of the most intense rides I have ever been on. I just wish that I could have lasted longer. I did make it into the double digits before taking a break. I don't know how you "Bullet Boys" do it.

It was nice to meet you!

As for the "don't know how I do it"... I work for UPS. There isn't much that my poor body hasn't been through at this point. Several dozen rides on the Bullet in one day is no big deal after doing what I do all week.

...although I must admit that the day of the shoot it was running rough enough to give me some neck soreness for a day or two afterward.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem...Jakizle, are you saying I'm OLD???? Hmmm??? Now which was the one under the station? We were going so fast I didn't notice. (I think each time was faster than the one before!!) It WAS indeed, "insane". I'll agree with ya there. I'll have to review some footage from youtube or someplace to see where exactly you were talking about.

Ok...I have not ridden nearly as many coasters as alot of you guys...is it me or does this coaster act like no other wooden coaster? I haven't ridden may wooden coasters but it seems totally different than the ones I have ridden. Maybe its just a lack of counts on my behalf. I just thought it was an insane feeling that you normally would get on steel coasters. It reminds me alot of politergist @ SFSA but on wood.

I don't know how you "Bullet Boys" do it.

...although I must admit that the day of the shoot it was running rough enough to give me some neck soreness for a day or two afterward.

And for me, I am just fat enough. I fill the seat nicely to prevent from being thrown around too much but have just enough room to move from keeping it too rough

Seriously though, once you learn to ride it isn't bad. I've only once been hurt on it once when I pulled my right side and that was during the first "rain ride" the night it opened as I wasn't expecting the turn after the first drop to be that much different than the ones I had before the rain. Once adjusted it isn't that bad, you know where to lean and when to let yourself fly (unless the lapbar is strapped down on you so tight you can't move...)

-GG

Hmmm...Erin, never thought of that but you DO have a good synopsis of it. I never thought of comparing it w/Poltergeist but in a woodie way, I suppose I can picture that comparison. I do agree it feels a bit different, like it has a mind of its own & a bit on the wild side. As previously said, some of the riders--including myself--stated that it seemed to get faster at times on the different go-arounds. I thought someone at the controls was making it go faster but was told that it just happens that way.

It reminds me alot of politergist @ SFSA but on wood.

Before, or after OTSR?

Ok. I don't know what OTSR is. Can someone explain this to a person who has very little experience with rollercoaster lingo. I am trying my hardest to catch on. Anyone going out there tonight? I am going to be in kemah for a murder mystry diner for my moms birthday. Afterwards me and my sister are going to try to catch a few rides on the bullet before heading back. I hope it is open. Anyone know?

I only got to get one ride in since my sister had to get back to pick up the kids from YMCA thingy. I was talking to Guruguy and he stated you were out there earlier. Too bad I didn't get a chance to meet you yet. I will be out there most likely tonight but will be lucky if I get one ride in since the person I am going with is absolute terrified of coasters and refuses to ride it.

I'm a bit tardy with this, but I'd like to say how nice it was to take part in this event. I've been present for several press events over the years, and Robb was great, simultaneously playing the part of technician, P/R-motivational speaker, and parent, all expertly.

I rode this thing more in 90 minutes than I had previously in seven weeks. It wasn't an easy task, but I signed on and was determined to fulfill my commitment. Thank God we were allowed to change seats now and then. Some were absolute murder!

I wasn't able to attend the lunch gathering, as I had to go to work. However, I work at the airport the Alveys were flying out of that evening. We had a short visit before their delayed departure. Great people who genuinely enjoy coasters and their fellow enthusiasts.

Great meeting other TPR members as well. Some of you I looked forward to meeting were missed. Maybe next time?