TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come be filmed on Kemah's Boardwalk Bullet!

Trying to post video again, but keep getting message "The extension asf is not allowed." Anyone have a clue what that means or is the file just too large? Thanks.

Can you just host it on photobucket or youtube?

Great pics! If you have some video, please feel free to post them here!

--Robb

When are we gonna see your video?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx guys for the help. Duh I didn't think of a zip file but I DID post them on youtube just now. Look for foxxycoastergirl or just look for Kemah Boardwalk Bullet or something similar. Hope you like! Sorry for the poor quality but that's what you get when you don't have the best camera to film with! Most of them are just short clips of flybys. My hubby hasn't yet grasped the concept of FILM FILM FILM as much as you can when it comes to coasters but he's learning! It was a blast meeting such kewl ppl yesterday. Just keep us in mind if any of you locals wanna go 'parking' together in the future.

Robb and Elissa,

It was great meeting both of you!

It was nice to see you both very easy going wonderful people.

Your baby is beautiful and well adjusted to the noise and people.

She is a doll. (and I don't generally like babies)

Me and Toni had a great time. It was his first event of this kind, and he smiled ear to ear the whole time.

Thanks for coming and inviting us!

Thanx guys for the help. Duh I didn't think of a zip file but I DID post them on youtube just now. Look for foxxycoastergirl or just look for Kemah Boardwalk Bullet or something similar. Hope you like! Sorry for the poor quality but that's what you get when you don't have the best camera to film with! Most of them are just short clips of flybys. My hubby hasn't yet grasped the concept of FILM FILM FILM as much as you can when it comes to coasters but he's learning! It was a blast meeting such kewl ppl yesterday. Just keep us in mind if any of you locals wanna go 'parking' together in the future.

I looked all over YouTube for your vids, but didn't see them.

Can you cut/paste a link here?

Thanx West for posting that. LOL ya beat me to it! Thanx again, appreciate it. Like I said before, they're not much but at least we got some extras there. We have more photos than anything, I posted the photos I thought would be the most enjoyed. The others are just us like in the station, raising our arms then down, then back up again, etc. Just stuff.

I have had to pop 3 Advil every morning since this past Sunday. At first I thought that I had bruised my ribs, but as it turned out my neck took the worst of the abuse. The top of the thighs were sore too from the "pop".

I must say that the Bullet was one of the most intense rides I have ever been on. I just wish that I could have lasted longer. I did make it into the double digits before taking a break. I don't know how you "Bullet Boys" do it.

It was great to meet everyone, and having lunch with you all was very fun. It was nice to see such knowlegable youth at this event. It is great to talk geek with your own kind. Luckily we had plenty of time for lunch

I went back and rode 1 last time in row 1. It was a little better, but I think the damage was already done to my neck.

P.S. - I am the balding red haired guy in the dark green shirt.

I would take pix of MY bruises but I'm afraid some of them are in places I shouldn't post about. I have some that encircle half my left tricep & some on my outer left thigh & some in the 'crunch' zone on my other thigh. Don't know HOW those got there! Funny thing is the front sides of my neck hurt the worst, I couldn't hardly swallow for the next day or two. Didn't mind the bruises, usually get those all the time but the front of the neck part was weird since that's not usually where it gets me, I guess I was straining my neck muscles & didn't know it. I'm not complaining though, it comes w/the territory. It was worth it. I'd definitly ride it again. Maybe just in the back though. The turn after the drop was definitly unexpected.

Well the most I have ridden this coaster in one night, which I usually go from 8 to 10pm, is 24 times. I have never left with a bruise at all. Now my neck was sore for about a couple of hrs, but when I woke up, it was totally gone. Maybe its because I never hold my hands up and brace myself. I don't see how enjoyable being slammed around and hitting the person next to me can be.

I never knew why people hold their hands up on a coaster anyway. I am not being funny but I have never understood that. Can someone give me some insight. Is it the perception of being free and can fly out at any moment?

Well the most I have ridden this coaster in one night, which I usually go from 8 to 10pm, is 24 times. I have never left with a bruise at all. Now my neck was sore for about a couple of hrs, but when I woke up, it was totally gone. Maybe its because I never hold my hands up and brace myself. I don't see how enjoyable being slammed around and hitting the person next to me can be.

I never knew why people hold their hands up on a coaster anyway. I am not being funny but I have never understood that. Can someone give me some insight. Is it the perception of being free and can fly out at any moment?

On the first go-round, we had our hands down since that's what Robb wanted, I was hanging on for dear life (so-to-speak) but the turn(s) still got me especially the drop turn which I didn't expect. The turn by the water-when I was in the right hand seat-jostled me side to side & that's how I got the bruises on my left thigh, from the seat divider. It didn't really do that when I sat in the left seat but as far as holding on, Robb wanted us to hold our hands up so that's what we did. After a few go-rounds on the Bullet, I learned how to "ride" it better, to expect & prepare for the turns. Most of the time when I ride, I hold my hands up on the up & down parts but hold on the the bar on the turns, depending on the turn. Some turns I hafta hang on, some I don't. I didn't used to hold my hands up at all but I started doing that last year when I rode the Rattler, then did it the whole time on Judge Roy Scream 'cept on the turnaround, it was a slower turnaround so I felt it was silly to hold my hands up on a slower turn. But anyway, I've been doing it ever since. I also have longer arms so on a lot of the head-choppers I have to pull them down a bit. I prefer to hang on but don't wanna look like a chicken plus on basic coasters like JRS, it's fun.

Maybe its because I never hold my hands up and brace myself. I don't see how enjoyable being slammed around and hitting the person next to me can be.

Because of the sensation it provides. If you're not stapled into the ride you get a much better sensation of airtime, and you get even more if you lift your feet up also. Although, If you're in the front seat of the car(less leg room), it might be a good idea to put your hands back down on some of the turns. I tried holding my hands up the whole time and ended up with some bruises on my knees. Fun Though.

I liked it 'cept for the first turn out of the drop. I LUVED the drop, it was great! I also didn't like (in the right hand seat) the way it jostled around the curve next to the water but I heard they were going to wk on it I think?? The left seat didn't seem to jostle as much on that particular curve but overall, that's the only two issues I had w/it. The rest was fine. My fave parts was after the second drop w/the deep curves. I don't know if those are referred to as lateral curves but I luved them. The last curve coming into the station was so close to the beams that if I reach over, I probably would've touched them.

I thought the pass under the station was very cool. I think the first ride really floored me because I had no idea where we were going to go. After the first ride I could kind of learn how to ride it. Then when we switched seats and I wound up in row 4, that was what did me in. I think my initial rides in row 7 were the best and least painful. I wish I would have gotten a night ride in, but I had to pick a co-worker up at the airport.

I just got back and I got 8 rides in. The place was dead tonight and it was cold! Well not freezing but cold for this area. I mistakenly wore shorts and a t-shirt. Most of my rides only had a few people on them. However I did get one ride in were the train was full but oddly that was one of the roughest! I guese because I was in the very back seat. I had forgotten how rough it can be. On most of my rides I didn't even get out of my seat.

All in all it was a good night. The weather was nice, albeit chilly, and on the bay side there was a beautifull full moon and on the other side, a beautiful sunset!

in the 9th pic in Robbs set... Whose got the Blue MINI with the White Bonnet Stripes???

That would be mine!

It's my third MINI. I had a 2003 Cooper (red, Union Jack on the roof). I named it "Scooter" (you MUST name a MINI, it's tradition).

I traded it in on a 2005 Cooper S (I should've known not to accept that offer to drive my friend's "S"!). It was cream colored and named "Spunky".

Some jackass made an illegal turn in front of me and I wrecked that one, so now I have the 2007 Laser Blue one, named "Traver". It's my favorite of the three.